Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   How to fit Passenger Pegs (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/1033-how-fit-passenger-pegs.html)

AntiHero Jun 6th 2012 02:43 PM

How to fit Passenger Pegs
 
I can only find two bolt holes for the pegs--one bolt for each footpeg. Anyone know where the other bolt holes are under the seat?

And before anyone gives me crap about mounting pass pegs, you would, too if you saw the girl I'm taking for a ride.

*Edit--now I feel like an idiot. Flashlight solved the problem of the missing bolt holes. :)

PaddockStand Jun 6th 2012 03:04 PM

Just try putting the two bolts in through the holes in the heat shield. You'll soon discover that the holes in the heat shield don't line up with the bolt holes on the underside of the tail. The bolt on the left side, behind the rear suspension reservoir is damn near impossible to fit, as you can't get your fingers on it to thread it in. I only put mine on for a few passenger rides before taking them off, but wished I hadn't bothered.

consolidated Jun 6th 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiHero (Post 15413)
And before anyone gives me crap about mounting pass pegs, you would, too if you saw the girl I'm taking for a ride.

You can't throw that out there w/o a pic to back it up. ;)

kensteele Jun 6th 2012 03:59 PM

...which is why i had my seat/pegs installed at the dealer before i took the bike home.

JONAH Jun 7th 2012 12:25 PM

I have to admit they are an absolute bitch to fit, i looked at how and sussed it a week or so ago in order to take my gf out, i thought it was a 10 min job but it ended up taking me 45 mins and in the end i left out the longer pegs as i was unable to get any of my tools in through the holes in the heat shiled in order to tighten them.....why make it so hard??

husker1 Jun 7th 2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consolidated (Post 15420)
You can't throw that out there w/o a pic to back it up. ;)

:D

SoonerNation Jun 7th 2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONAH (Post 15576)
I have to admit they are an absolute bitch to fit, i looked at how and sussed it a week or so ago in order to take my gf out, i thought it was a 10 min job but it ended up taking me 45 mins and in the end i left out the longer pegs as i was unable to get any of my tools in through the holes in the heat shiled in order to tighten them.....why make it so hard??

You might need some new tools.;)

I have installed my and removed them multiple times and it take only as long as threading in 4 bolts. Use a long allen wrench through the openings in the heat shield and it should be no problem.

leebeeone Jun 8th 2012 03:06 AM

Sorry but I had no problem job done in about 15 mins

Kingfixer Jun 8th 2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebeeone (Post 15703)
Sorry but I had no problem job done in about 15 mins

+1

RepDucWayne Jun 8th 2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONAH (Post 15576)
I have to admit they are an absolute bitch to fit, i looked at how and sussed it a week or so ago in order to take my gf out, i thought it was a 10 min job but it ended up taking me 45 mins and in the end i left out the longer pegs as i was unable to get any of my tools in through the holes in the heat shiled in order to tighten them.....why make it so hard??

That's Ducati for you ... LOL ... I had my heat shield removed since it really doesn't act as a heat shield anyway .. now they are easier to get to .. however it still takes a long time to install and remove the passenger pegs ... I've even stripped the screws now ... : ( I'll have to drill them to get it off again


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.