Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree8Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 21st 2012, 01:02 PM   #1

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Panigale
Lowering the DB

Hi!

Any good ideas how to reduce DB 4-5? Some trackday arrangements have 100 DB limit. I have the racing system installed including db-killers.

T

Old Jun 25th 2012, 01:56 AM   #2

I Ride: 1199 Base + ABS, Ducati GT-1000
I'm also worried about this, having bought a bike that is begging for the track, but in the UK, the best track days will have a db limit of 105, whereas a lot will be less. Seems a great shame and I don't want to end up going to track days and being scrubbed for noise violations.

I suppose the only answer will be if someone like Austin racing come up with an exhaust system that allows substantial noise reduction over the standard and full racing/slip-on Termis.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 02:45 AM   #3

In Belgium on ' stock exhaust '-days you can not exceed 95db on the Zolder racetrack . I must admit I was a bit suprised when I first saw the "102 db " tag on the bike...

Originally Posted by husker1 View Post
I'm also worried about this, having bought a bike that is begging for the track, but in the UK, the best track days will have a db limit of 105, whereas a lot will be less. Seems a great shame and I don't want to end up going to track days and being scrubbed for noise violations.

I suppose the only answer will be if someone like Austin racing come up with an exhaust system that allows substantial noise reduction over the standard and full racing/slip-on Termis.
I believe Ducati needs to provide the bike with such a system in order to achieve the high power output. Silencing the bike would probably recude the amount of horsepower.
I'm curious if someone would be able to come up with a solution!

Last edited by Hakosuka; Jun 25th 2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 03:09 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Base + ABS, Ducati GT-1000
Originally Posted by Hakosuka View Post
In Belgium on ' stock exhaust '-days you can not exceed 95db on the Zolder racetrack . I must admit I was a bit suprised when I first saw the "102 db " tag on the bike...

I believe Ducati needs to provide the bike with such a system in order to achieve the high power output. Silencing the bike would probably recude the amount of horsepower.
I'm curious if someone would be able to come up with a solution!
At a recent trackday at Snetterton, the db level was 105db but a Pani S with the stock pipes failed at 107db.

I know others have flagged up the issue of how the test is performed, given the low position of the pipes, picking up engine noise etc. but it is worrying that a bike I bought to use on the track a few days a year might not even get there.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 05:17 AM   #5

Dang... 107db.

An instructor told me once that, when passing the first point of measurement at Zolder ( located at the left side of road ). Driving at the far right side will make a 2db difference in measurement. The track is about 50 feet wide if I'm correct.

Even with my Triumph Street Triple R ( arrow silences with db-killers ) I got flagged a few times ...
Old Jun 25th 2012, 07:58 AM   #6

I Ride: 1199 ABS
i`ve had these fabricated and when the db level is down to 100db we can reduce in length to suit. they are adjustable by sliding the perforated tube over the inner solid tube so there will be more levels which can be marked on the slider.
Attached Thumbnails
Lowering the DB-db-killers.jpg  
Thanks from riptorn and Gasvirus1199
Old Jun 25th 2012, 08:08 AM   #7

You can safety wire a bunch of steel wool together, then shove them in the mufflers. Safety wiring them all together makes it easier to pull them out at the end of a track day.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 01:47 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Desmo Dave View Post
i`ve had these fabricated and when the db level is down to 100db we can reduce in length to suit. they are adjustable by sliding the perforated tube over the inner solid tube so there will be more levels which can be marked on the slider.

Can you get me one pair? I will pay almost whatever ;-) You must guarantee maximum 99db when 5000 with the fullsystem pipes.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 01:49 PM   #9

Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
You can safety wire a bunch of steel wool together, then shove them in the mufflers. Safety wiring them all together makes it easier to pull them out at the end of a track day.
Have you tried with the fullsystem pipes? What db did you get on 5000?

Do you know if it is any difference with WET or RACE at 5000?
Old Jul 6th 2012, 05:45 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Desmo Dave View Post
What about heat? Any sideeffect after the modification? I have bought the stuff for modication now. Just need a green signal ;-)

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
lowering

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed