Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree14Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd 2013, 07:33 AM   #31
Stw

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Are the OEM mirrors easy to reinstall once removed?
Yes.... Once you've practiced 30 times...

Old May 22nd 2013, 07:38 AM   #32

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
I have a customer that makes gaskets, and I was thinking of pulling one off as a template and see what he could do. Why are they such a pain to put back on? Just the 2 screws lol
Old May 22nd 2013, 07:56 AM   #33
Stw

I have a customer that makes gaskets, and I was thinking of pulling one off as a template and see what he could do. Why are they such a pain to put back on? Just the 2 screws lol
Take one off... the right hand side one... and enjoy...
Old May 22nd 2013, 08:06 AM   #34

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
the right side wire is not very long. you have to wrap it into the housing not much space. once its wrapped you have to place the mirror in the right slot. the housing has a space which doesnt snap the connectors in so it pops out. you feel like you are on hidden cam. total pia. not only that if you take your mirrors off for a track days you can see the wires wont hold up to well
Old Jun 7th 2013, 08:29 AM   #35

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Uh oh..just got an email that "Bellissimoto has sent you a package". Could it be, could it be?
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Jun 8th 2013, 09:57 AM   #36

I Ride: Panigale Tricolore & Triumph Speed Triple
Dear all

My mirrors have just been installed by Ducati Toulouse and i can confirm that the EE079H connector does work perfectly (at least that is what the guy who installed them tells me). The installation was plug and play with no soldering. This is in agreement with the advice from Rizoma France. I hope this helps to clarify.

Lee
Thanks from ddd269 and Capt CF
Old Jun 9th 2013, 04:57 AM   #37

Originally Posted by Delsubasio View Post
Dear all

My mirrors have just been installed by Ducati Toulouse and i can confirm that the EE079H connector does work perfectly (at least that is what the guy who installed them tells me). The installation was plug and play with no soldering. This is in agreement with the advice from Rizoma France. I hope this helps to clarify.

Lee
Thanks - mine are in the mail so I will try to confirm this as well once they arrive and I attempt install.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 03:18 AM   #38

Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Thanks - mine are in the mail so I will try to confirm this as well once they arrive and I attempt install.
Got the mirrors yesterday. Sheeesh...I think they could drop the price $50 if they just went with less extravagant packaging! It's like opening a nice bottle of scotch. Anyway, I emailed PJ about the connector thing and will post my findings. I want to install them this weekend so I am going to see if they confirm the connectors fit without soldering and, if so, see if they can overnight some to me so I can do the install this weekend. Will update everybody on progress.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and Germcati
Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:11 AM   #39

Had a quick discussion with PJ today and here's the scoop. The Veloces come out of the box with no connectors on them (bare wires). So no matter how you decide to do the install you are either going to be mating them to Rizoma connectors, cutting off the stock connectors and mating them to those or directly connecting them to the wires coming from the bike. The connectors that Lee mentions above (EE079H) do match the stock connectors on the bike, but you need to attach them to the mirrors before you can plug them in. PJ has the connectors in stock and I am ordering a set so I'll know what's what this weekend when I do the install. I figure it makes sense to leave the stock connectors on the stock mirrors so I can switch back if I damage one of the Rizomas, decide I hate them, want to sell the stock mirrors, etc. etc.

I'll take pics and post them up so people will have a reference for the options with the wiring/connectors, etc.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:30 AM   #40

Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Got the mirrors yesterday. Sheeesh...I think they could drop the price $50 if they just went with less extravagant packaging! It's like opening a nice bottle of scotch. Anyway, I emailed PJ about the connector thing and will post my findings. I want to install them this weekend so I am going to see if they confirm the connectors fit without soldering and, if so, see if they can overnight some to me so I can do the install this weekend. Will update everybody on progress.
When I got my foot pegs I thought the same thing. Bike is currently in the shop getting first service done and they are also tossing on these mirrors.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
installation, mirror, rizoma, veloce

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.