Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree14Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:35 AM   #41

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Germcati View Post
When I got my foot pegs I thought the same thing. Bike is currently in the shop getting first service done and they are also tossing on these mirrors.
Dang...would have liked to use your bike as the guinea pig so I can make sure I do my install properly.

Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:36 AM   #42

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Had a quick discussion with PJ today and here's the scoop. The Veloces come out of the box with no connectors on them (bare wires). So no matter how you decide to do the install you are either going to be mating them to Rizoma connectors, cutting off the stock connectors and mating them to those or directly connecting them to the wires coming from the bike. The connectors that Lee mentions above (EE079H) do match the stock connectors on the bike, but you need to attach them to the mirrors before you can plug them in. PJ has the connectors in stock and I am ordering a set so I'll know what's what this weekend when I do the install. I figure it makes sense to leave the stock connectors on the stock mirrors so I can switch back if I damage one of the Rizomas, decide I hate them, want to sell the stock mirrors, etc. etc.

I'll take pics and post them up so people will have a reference for the options with the wiring/connectors, etc.
Just to be clear, these mirrors are made to fit the Panigale, you didn't order the "universal" model
Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:38 AM   #43

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Just to be clear, these mirrors are made to fit the Panigale, you didn't order the "universal" model
Who knows when you are dealing with Gunny!
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Jun 11th 2013, 06:56 AM   #44

Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
Had a quick discussion with PJ today and here's the scoop. The Veloces come out of the box with no connectors on them (bare wires). So no matter how you decide to do the install you are either going to be mating them to Rizoma connectors, cutting off the stock connectors and mating them to those or directly connecting them to the wires coming from the bike. The connectors that Lee mentions above (EE079H) do match the stock connectors on the bike, but you need to attach them to the mirrors before you can plug them in. PJ has the connectors in stock and I am ordering a set so I'll know what's what this weekend when I do the install. I figure it makes sense to leave the stock connectors on the stock mirrors so I can switch back if I damage one of the Rizomas, decide I hate them, want to sell the stock mirrors, etc. etc.

I'll take pics and post them up so people will have a reference for the options with the wiring/connectors, etc.
That's absolutely correct, but one thing that CF missed...

The Veloce mirrors come with bare wire and *bullet* connector that can be crimped on so they can plug into the EE079's.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 07:04 AM   #45
Stw

Considering the price and that they are sold as specifically fitting the Panigale..then they should come with said connectors already installed...
This is ridiculous that they don't...
Old Jun 11th 2013, 07:19 AM   #46

Originally Posted by Stw View Post
Considering the price and that they are sold as specifically fitting the Panigale..then they should come with said connectors already installed...
+1 - it's definitely annoying, but I'm tired of trying to hold the glass in the stocker still with my left hand and trying to figure out who is behind me.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
Old Jun 11th 2013, 07:54 AM   #47

They aren't sold as specifically fitting the Panigale - that's why the connectors aren't included, nor are the mounting adapters. These will fit any bike with fairing mounting mirrors for the most part. Imagine if you rode a CBR100RR, S100RR, etc and bought them and got them with Ducati Specific connectors.. then the dealers would be dealing with complaints about them having the "wrong" Connectors.
Thanks from Capt CF
Old Jun 11th 2013, 07:57 AM   #48
Stw

Originally Posted by PJFZ1 View Post
They aren't sold as specifically fitting the Panigale - that's why the connectors aren't included, nor are the mounting adapters. These will fit any bike with fairing mounting mirrors for the most part. Imagine if you rode a CBR100RR, S100RR, etc and bought them and got them with Ducati Specific connectors.. then the dealers would be dealing with complaints about them having the "wrong" Connectors.
Well given the price I think Rizoma should damn well have them bike specific... How many different connectors are there???
Old Jun 11th 2013, 08:39 AM   #49

Well given the price I think Rizoma should damn well have them bike specific... How many different connectors are there???
Electrical connectors: 6 Brands (And Ducati is not consistent with electrical connectors).

Fairing Mounts: 40+
Bar mounts: 10+

If they made each mirror with specific mounts for individual bike, each mirror would end up with many parts numbers, and lower individual production numbers/higher prices.

That's why they make them the way the do.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 08:46 AM   #50
Stw

Originally Posted by PJFZ1 View Post
Electrical connectors: 6 Brands (And Ducati is not consistent with electrical connectors).

Fairing Mounts: 40+
Bar mounts: 10+

If they made each mirror with specific mounts for individual bike, each mirror would end up with many parts numbers, and lower individual production numbers/higher prices.

That's why they make them the way the do.
Well given that I guess it makes sense..but If I bought these and had this issue I would be disappointed...Shouldn't be up to the customer to chase around for parts to make these fit...
Thanks from Gunny Fitz

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
installation, mirror, rizoma, veloce

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.