Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By HarmonyJim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:03 AM   #1

I Ride: 2012 1199 Tricolore, 2007 Porsche GT3RS
Panigale Safety Recall

Just got the bike back from my dealer for the factory "safety recall" where they replace a washer on the steering damper (can fall off), put an acorn nut on the front brake reservoir mount to stop hose chafing, and check the torque on one of the swingarm pivots (they were overtightened on early models). I have been having a severe issue with sharp edged bumps where the rear end would literally rattle my fillings from the sharp jolt fed through the suspension. I would have never believed just loosening the pivot bolt could have such a profound effect - but it did!! In over 100 miles since the service (I also had a 14T front sprocket installed - great improvement) there has not been a single severe jolt - not one!! All the grief I have had trying to fix this characteristic (including changing out the OEM front & rear springs for softer ones), and it turns out to be an overtightened pivot! While in there, the tech also found that the rear hub had "frozen" in the swingarm housing and he removed the entire unit, polished it, greased properly, and reinstalled under warranty. If you are having the same problems as I have described, have your tech check this out.
Thanks from hhuhuh

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
panigale, recall, safety