Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 13th 2013, 01:45 PM   #1

I Ride: '12 1199 Panigale S Tricolore, '16 X-Diavel S, '18 BMW K1600B
display/right turn blinker problems- fix is not a replacement display.

So I starting to have the no right turn blinker issue myself. called AMS Ducati, as people have said in other posts, the fix is a harness replacement. the problem is heat related as ducati put the flashers relays in a enclosed space which makes the flashers relays fail/burn up. so weather you have this problem or not, don't wait, it'll only get worse with temps and time till it fails. I should be making a trip to dallas on monday to get this fixed. they said it should take less than an hour.

Last edited by mr anderson; Jun 13th 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old Jun 13th 2013, 01:50 PM   #2
Stw

Originally Posted by mr anderson View Post
So I starting to have the no right turn blinker issue myself. called AMS Ducati, as people have said in other posts, the fix is a harness replacement. the problem is heat related as ducati put the flashers relays in a enclosed space which makes the flashers relays fail/burn up. so weather you have this problem or not, don't wait, it'll only get worse with temps and time till it fails. I should be making a trip to dallas on monday to get this fixed. they said it should take less than an hour.
Not being a smart ass here..but you know they are closed on Mondays?? Right??
Old Jun 13th 2013, 01:53 PM   #3

damn, forgot. thanks for the heads up, that would have sucked.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Stw

Originally Posted by mr anderson View Post
damn, forgot. thanks for the heads up, that would have sucked.
Yeah it would..... Are they your closest dealer???
Old Jun 13th 2013, 02:02 PM   #5

No reason to start a new thread ...

Anyway, changing the wiring harness will not change the position of the relays, and besides this, the up-down switch which also fails has nothing to do with any relay. IMHO the nature of the failure of the left-hand switch controls is not related with the relays. It most probably has something to do with the sensing of the switches by the ECU, and DUCATI is correcting this with some active or pasive components included in the new harness.

The added electronic components are surely included in newer revisions of the dash. TSB-881 reads:

• INVOLVED BIKES
We would like to inform you that the instrument panel hardware has been modified
starting from the frame serial numbers listed in the table below in order to prevent
this possible malfunction. Only the bikes having an older serial number could require
the installation of the additional wiring.

Last edited by xpercad; Jun 13th 2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jun 13th 2013, 02:23 PM   #6

Question

I had only my right front signal go out a week ago, but the rear was fine. I figured when I connected them after the track I didn't connect it well enough. Could this have been a problem of the relay?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 02:43 PM   #7

unfortunately, the dealer here closed up shop last January.

Originally Posted by Stw View Post
Yeah it would..... Are they your closest dealer???

It'll be interesting what gets changed out. I'll ask to see the old parts and try and take pictures of the removed component(s).

Originally Posted by xpercad View Post

Anyway, changing the wiring harness will not change the position of the relays, and besides this, the up-down switch which also fails has nothing to do with any relay. IMHO the nature of the failure of the left-hand switch controls is not related with the relays. It most probably has something to do with the sensing of the switches by the ECU, and DUCATI is correcting this with some active or pasive components included in the new harness.

The added electronic components are surely included in newer revisions of the dash. TSB-881 reads:

• INVOLVED BIKES
We would like to inform you that the instrument panel hardware has been modified
starting from the frame serial numbers listed in the table below in order to prevent
this possible malfunction. Only the bikes having an older serial number could require
the installation of the additional wiring.

Last edited by mr anderson; Jun 13th 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 03:02 PM   #8

Sure, that will be interesting. Please post info regarding the removed components, that will clear a lot of doubts.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 04:28 PM   #9

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Base Model
Mine fails after the bike gets hotter as well. One day I could not do anything other than hit the left turn signal switch. Which after doing so would not turn off. Riding modes, gone. Could not scroll up or down. No high beams. So the fix is to have the dash replaced?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 04:39 PM   #10

go to Mech. and Techni. section for such matters...

Read Tsb881 for the fix
http://ducati1199.com/mechanical-tec...tsb-881-a.html

I had mine done, no problem works well.
cheers!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
blinker, display, display or right, displayright, fix, problems, replacement, turn