Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree37Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 28th 2013, 08:52 AM   #21

I Ride: all the bikes....
Yea, Castor...I can do that tomorrow. Picking up some bodywork so I will post both bikes with and without fairings.... :-)
Thanks from Castor Troy

Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:09 AM   #22

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by roadracerx View Post
Whew, lots of replies....lol

FAN IS REMOVED - end of story, lol.....there is a new shroud and attachment which is cut out to make room for the bigger exhaust.

NEW MAP from Ducati Corse, it is a RED unlock key and what I did to install it was to remove the old map, that came with the full Termignoni for the R model, by inserting the key and confirming DOWNLOAD, then I inserted the new key and the dash now says PRO RACING or something like that.

The bike sounds a little different but still awesome!

I WILL dyno the bike with Attack Performance here in Huntington Beach, CA. My last racebike, a 2009 Yamaha R1 with full YEC race ecu, full Akrapovic, BMC air filter and YEC velocity stacks got 80 ft/lbs torque and 170 hp at the wheel.

It's all speculation at this point but I do expect this exhaust will net REAL and significant results, otherwise, why go to the time and trouble to make it?

I go to the track on Sunday to feel the results and then the dyno in the next couple of weeks.

-B
You didn't dyno before all this though? I am sure it will be insane - I don't have a dyno nearby, but like you say, I would be confident an improvement, the point of them developing this exhaust/map. Sure beats the old days of having to rejet 4 carbs until the sparkplugs were the right color!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:34 AM   #23

@Trauma, I didn't dyno before because I have been in the middle of a move and new job and trying to fit in some races at Miller Motorsports Park and Willow Springs in the next few weeks in addition to some practice at Willow and Fontana so needless to say I've been super busy. I wanted to do a back to back result but at the end of the day it is really all about what is actually has. The R is already better than the R1 or 1098SBK I have been racing and that is with only one track day to break it in and confirm my setup.

I have some other testing to do with Pirellis to see if I might like those better than the Dunlops or Michelins....they all seems pretty good but the bike was designed around the Pirellis so I will likely end up using those.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:37 AM   #24

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by roadracerx View Post
@Trauma, I didn't dyno before because I have been in the middle of a move and new job and trying to fit in some races at Miller Motorsports Park and Willow Springs in the next few weeks in addition to some practice at Willow and Fontana so needless to say I've been super busy. I wanted to do a back to back result but at the end of the day it is really all about what is actually has. The R is already better than the R1 or 1098SBK I have been racing and that is with only one track day to break it in and confirm my setup.

I have some other testing to do with Pirellis to see if I might like those better than the Dunlops or Michelins....they all seems pretty good but the bike was designed around the Pirellis so I will likely end up using those.
Understandable - jealous you can even dyno at all With that exhaust, that is allowing the Panigale to be the best the factory wanted it to be, so dyno or no dyno, it will run like hell!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:39 AM   #25

WORD.....run tell dat
Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:40 AM   #26

it's R only as the map is already in the Ecu. the key just tells it to go get its datasets in a different place. Thanks X, we're waiting for 3 sets here.. we can't wait as the dip is even more pronounced on the R then on the base.. we're really hoping - with you -that it will enhance the 6k+ range... 8 is to high for the power to come in and upsets gear choice as 2 and 3 differ wuit a bit... from what we heard last week, Pro would dramatically better it , with the WSBK pipe to bring back 1198RS punch... but as noone can tell when those will be available, it s a tricky choice... btw : i should get the timing settings next week... succes K
Old Jun 28th 2013, 09:44 AM   #27

@kope999R, yes I am interested in those cam timing numbers but I call in a favor and get them if you are having trouble....let me know.

-B
Old Jun 28th 2013, 10:01 AM   #28

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S ABS & '09 Triumph Daytona 675
Where exactly did you get this exhaust? and the mapping for it?

Just to clarify (because the posts are super confusing and not conclusive) the fan is completely removed and replaced with ?? Just a new shroud? A new shroud and fan? Is there no more fan? Is that a good/bad/okay thing? A big problem for the street but OK for the track? OK for the street?
Old Jun 28th 2013, 10:05 AM   #29

It s for the R only as map is in the ecu, not in the stick
Track does not need the fan as it doesn't idle much.
Street very much needs the fan as it needs it running to cool the engine when podding around.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 10:07 AM   #30

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S ABS & '09 Triumph Daytona 675
Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
It s for the R only as map is in the ecu, not in the stick
Track does not need the fan as it doesn't idle much.
Street very much needs the fan as it needs it running to cool the engine when podding around.
Awwww maaaan, so there's no way to put this baby on my S eh?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199r, ducati, manifold, pro, superstock

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.