Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree37Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 05:12 PM   #61

Originally Posted by bronch View Post
Yep, no kidding! I was thinking the same. I did a bastardized approach and ran it to 8-9K through the gears, but didn't "run" it. One of the salesman at DucSea took his bike to the track a day after he bought it and ran the hell out of it. His dyno'd at 178hp w/ full-termi's and up map before a tune. After, 184hp.
Yeah, I used the progressiv ehard break in.
Thanks from bronch

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 05:54 PM   #62

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
I really don't understand why people expect huge gains from an exhaust system

The biggest HP gains are engine tuning not exhaust fuel/air tuning mods. To get huge gains try tuning the engine i.e. get more compression by using high compression pistons/or piston porting, cam re-profiling/new cams and air intake mods will give you the biggest gains. The exhaust system will only get you about 3-10% of what the crank hp is putting out which is small compared to 20-40+ HP gains that of engine tuning. Larger racing exhaust are meant to handle the power from the engine tuning mods/air intake and wasn't meant for the stock engine. Putting a Race exhaust on a stock engine without tuning it is like putting a smart car engine in a corvette and expect to get 600 HP.
Thanks from CEROVA1199
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 06:12 PM   #63

Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post

The biggest HP gains are engine tuning not exhaust fuel/air tuning mods. To get huge gains try tuning the engine i.e. get more compression by using high compression pistons/or piston porting, cam re-profiling/new cams and air intake mods will give you the biggest gains. The exhaust system will only get you about 3-10% of what the crank hp is putting out which is small compared to 20-40+ HP gains that of engine tuning. Larger racing exhaust are meant to handle the power from the engine tuning mods/air intake and wasn't meant for the stock engine. Putting a Race exhaust on a stock engine without tuning it is like putting a smart car engine in a corvette and expect to get 600 HP.
It's science, the more money I throw at it the faster it goes right????
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 06:28 PM   #64

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post

I agree with you. I'm talking about baseline variability before tuning. Same model, same exhaust.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 07:26 PM   #65

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Base Model
Originally Posted by gatti man View Post
Well back to waiting on the akropovic... Pretty disappointing.
Akrapovic has a great reputation with all of their exhausts. Not to disregard the tune done to the slip ons here, that is great news! But I plan to wait on the Akra, I am sure it will be worth waiting for
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 09:05 AM   #66

I Ride: all the bikes....
I bought the PRO manifold because it's a complete plug and play solution for the R model specifically. A Bazzaz or maybe even the Ducati Corse race ecu will allow me to tune the engine but with cam timing and fuel mods we should see 200 hp no problem. I got 12 hp on my 1098 JUST from cam timing.

I have run Akrapovic on EVERY bike I have raced until this one. I love their fit, finish and quality and I have actually tested Akrapovic back to back with Termignoni on the 1098 and there was a +2 hp difference with the Akrapovic. I very well may end up with the Akrapovic but this PRO exhaust is legit and Attack was VERY impressed with the results on an essentially stock motorcycle.

I had ZERO problems passing any S1000RR anywhere, ha! So what more can one ask for fellas?

This IS good news.
Thanks from thudson, pedrin, ScrapperX and 4 others
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 09:06 AM   #67

I Ride: all the bikes....
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
Great results! Now where are the pics you promised??
They are coming Castor....I have not forgotten :-)
Thanks from Castor Troy
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:31 AM   #68

great news on the PRO then RR! happy to hear this as , as you say , it is a DP product so should keep the warranty in place..

here, we're still looking into the SBK which is rumoured to give a boost between 5,5K and 8k over the PRO.. rumours also go to say that a stenghtened clutch will be needed.. with more power coming over wide rev range.. for the moment looks like a heavy decision as it's a Corse product that will stop warranty applying... grr....
Thanks from Thamer
Old Jul 17th 2013, 03:52 AM   #69

A few questions .
I a, fitting up a pro manifold at the moment . There are three stick on heat shields any ideas where these belong ?
I gather the extra hoses are deleted considering I have no fan ?
Exhaust heat shield bolts to the subframe with huge holes did you use rubber grommets ?
There is also a small spacer . Any ideas ?
Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2013, 04:26 AM   #70

Originally Posted by roadracerx View Post
I bought the PRO manifold because it's a complete plug and play solution for the R model specifically. A Bazzaz or maybe even the Ducati Corse race ecu will allow me to tune the engine but with cam timing and fuel mods we should see 200 hp no problem. I got 12 hp on my 1098 JUST from cam timing.

I have run Akrapovic on EVERY bike I have raced until this one. I love their fit, finish and quality and I have actually tested Akrapovic back to back with Termignoni on the 1098 and there was a +2 hp difference with the Akrapovic. I very well may end up with the Akrapovic but this PRO exhaust is legit and Attack was VERY impressed with the results on an essentially stock motorcycle.

I had ZERO problems passing any S1000RR anywhere, ha! So what more can one ask for fellas?

This IS good news.

That is simply awesome bud!!!!!!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199r, ducati, manifold, pro, superstock

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.