Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 5th 2013, 06:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 538

I Ride: 2015 1199R
here...i found this a few months ago......they look to be the ame as NoMar.....$40 less

AA Motorcycle Wheel Weight .25Oz (Black, 1/2" W) (80-2550MB): All Tire Supply Company

edit: these are in fact larger sized @ 12mm -- NoMar are 7mm wide

Last edited by RD16RR; Jul 5th 2013 at 06:50 AM.
RD16RR is offline  
 
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Retired
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: ga

Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 384

the euro bikes are required to fit steel (or non lead anyway) for environmental reasons. Id' love to source these weights but never been able to find, so unfortunately continue to use lead.
zvez is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:32 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 538

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
the euro bikes are required to fit steel (or non lead anyway) for environmental reasons. Id' love to source these weights but never been able to find, so unfortunately continue to use lead.
...in the end, lead, while not very environmentally friendly, is the best to work with, since you can cut them down with a snip......
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
gramps's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Denver CO

Posts: 120
Thanks: 43

I Ride: '12 Panigale 1199
One of the companies I represent is BADA. A wheel weight manufacturer in KY, USA.

I will check into what we have available.

Just so we are clear you are looking for a steel or lead tape weight in black or red.

Correct?
gramps is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 04:49 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 538

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by gramps View Post
One of the companies I represent is BADA. A wheel weight manufacturer in KY, USA.

I will check into what we have available.

Just so we are clear you are looking for a steel or lead tape weight in black or red.

Correct?
-- my search is for the wheel weights that arrive on the bike - they are small 5 gram weights.....i do not think they are lead (i havent tried cutting one)

they look like this:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...pscf7e6e74.jpg

Last edited by RD16RR; Jul 6th 2013 at 05:09 AM.
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 07:31 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
gramps's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Denver CO

Posts: 120
Thanks: 43

I Ride: '12 Panigale 1199
I believe those are Zinc. They are mostly sold in European markets and in some CA markets. Not a very popular weight because of the porus nature of the material(weight change,rust,corrosion) and the material not being maliable simular to the steel weight.

On a side note I did notice when I replaced the tires on my bike the dealership used a steel tape weight that is pretty ugly.

I will do more research this week. I will tell you I don't think the original style weight is available through us.
gramps is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 07:57 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
zaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Albuquerque, NM & Bavaria Germany

Posts: 1,179
Thanks: 326

I Ride: 2007 S4RS (sold), 2008 1098S (sold), my wife's 2013 1199R, 2015 KTM RC390 ABS
You might want to check out what 3M offers: 3M? Wheel Weight System - 3M US: Automotive OEM
zaster is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 08:32 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 538

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by gramps View Post
I believe those are Zinc. They are mostly sold in European markets and in some CA markets. Not a very popular weight because of the porus nature of the material(weight change,rust,corrosion) and the material not being maliable simular to the steel weight.

On a side note I did notice when I replaced the tires on my bike the dealership used a steel tape weight that is pretty ugly.

I will do more research this week. I will tell you I don't think the original style weight is available through us.
-- i looked at Bada - they are Car & Truck focused

Last edited by RD16RR; Jul 6th 2013 at 08:38 AM.
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 08:38 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 538

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by zaster View Post
You might want to check out what 3M offers: 3M? Wheel Weight System - 3M US: Automotive OEM
-- thats the first i saw of the 3M system....looks good...but sold for commercial automotive use...the size of the wheel weight is bigger than NoMar, or the Euro weight that comes on the bike

-- steel weights are not as desirable since you cannot trim them very easily
RD16RR is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 04:51 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
gramps's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Denver CO

Posts: 120
Thanks: 43

I Ride: '12 Panigale 1199
3M's system is a recycled plastic type compound. Not very popular and it takes a bunch of material to get much weight. In other words the 5g weight would be bigger than a lead 5g weight.

Most people don't think about that but it is a consideration. No one likes how a wheel weight looks.

BADA is car and truck focused but we have a motorcycle line of weight. We just like to hide it
gramps is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
weights, wheel



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rear wheel nut removal louiag Mechanical and Technical 107 Sep 1st 2017 10:20 PM
Rear Wheel Circlip Xbox Mechanical and Technical 3 Sep 18th 2012 04:52 AM
Panigale and "S/Tri" Versions; Front & Rear Wheel Weights Rocky907 Mechanical and Technical 7 Aug 10th 2012 12:23 PM
Want To Buy: Wheel set 1199s nonbonsai Want To Buy 0 Jul 13th 2012 07:33 PM
Wheel balance weights narwhal Ducati 1199 16 Jun 17th 2012 07:38 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed