Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 08:44 PM   #31

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Brother you would be so much better off letting me find youa bike up here and have it shipped to you, hell Id drive it halfway there in an enclosed trailer if you pay for my diesel fuel! Exactly what bike were you looking for btw? The Base Non-ABS?
Don't forget - Florida has like a 7% motorcycle tax on bikes sold/acquired/etc there. ..

So whatever the cost of the bike - add 7% to get it titled there. . . doesn't sound like too much but it adds up. On an 18K you're looking at 1250 or so.

Old Jul 4th 2012, 04:06 AM   #32
Retired

If you're serious about getting an 1199, give Paul Bunde a call at NPR ducati

NPR Ducati

Located close to Athens GA. He's been involved with ducs for decades and loves the brand. I've bought two ducs from him and will be buying a hyper from him next year. He'll treat you right.

Originally Posted by 1stduc1199 View Post
Nice, I've got to travel 300 miles to get a good deal with a no BS dealer. $2k difference in price!!!!
btw, where on L.I. are you? and are you keeping your R1?
I love my 09 R1 and may have to sell it to make room for the 1199
Old Jul 4th 2012, 06:53 AM   #33

I Ride: 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Brother you would be so much better off letting me find youa bike up here and have it shipped to you, hell Id drive it halfway there in an enclosed trailer if you pay for my diesel fuel! Exactly what bike were you looking for btw? The Base Non-ABS?
Thanks, I found a Dealer in Ocala(300 miles away) that was at 19.2 k OTD for a base which is almost 2k less than my Local Dealer.I'm just deciding on Base or S. but definitely gonna buy from him.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 08:51 AM   #34

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S ABS
One of the guys at the dealer where I bought my 1199 S ABS told me Ducati had removed the electronic immobilizer from the keys to save weight. 100% wrong according to the manual.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 09:05 AM   #35

Fire Him !

[QUOTE=Ross;21165]One of the guys at the dealer where I bought my 1199 S ABS told me Ducati had removed the electronic immobilizer from the keys to save weight. 100% wrong according to the manual.[/QUOTE
What a frigging toolbag! What possible weight could that save and then your damn bike would never start!
Old Jul 4th 2012, 01:07 PM   #36

I Ride: 2008 HD FXCWC, 2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, Next Duc Superbike
That's Melillimoto, owner is cool. They generally beat out anyone by a good amount.

Local dealer was at $20k with the setup and destination. Not including tags & title work for a base non-abs.

Originally Posted by 1stduc1199 View Post
Thanks, I found a Dealer in Ocala(300 miles away) that was at 19.2 k OTD for a base which is almost 2k less than my Local Dealer.I'm just deciding on Base or S. but definitely gonna buy from him.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 04:06 PM   #37
Banned

Originally Posted by lardawge View Post
Completely lost me with this comment. How will it bite you?

I have ridden both and own a 1199s (came from a 1098 streetfighter) and find it one of the easiest bikes I have ridden. Even more so compared to the r1 which will buck you off in a second if your throttle hand gets to excited.

Seems an odd statement and would love to hear where it has "bitten" you.
@efna and lard: Not to hijack this any further; but turn off ALL of your nanny's and leave it in full race mode....then get happy with the throttle @ 11k plus...let me know how you make out

Yes the R1 had a jumpy throttle...smoothed that out with a reflash and it has a very linear and predictable response now.

1199 and R1 are both anchors if you're not going to redline, thus your experiences may differ.

(sorry Gunny)
Old Jul 4th 2012, 04:59 PM   #38

Talking lmao

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
@efna and lard: Not to hijack this any further; but turn off ALL of your nanny's and leave it in full race mode....then get happy with the throttle @ 11k plus...let me know how you make out

Yes the R1 had a jumpy throttle...smoothed that out with a reflash and it has a very linear and predictable response now.

1199 and R1 are both anchors if you're not going to redline, thus your experiences may differ.

(sorry Gunny)
Hahaha. Why do I get a sorry gunny? Im not down on what anyone rides man. Its all good.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
rep, sales