Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 1199 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/)
-   -   DP Carbon Tail Tidy (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-1199/13440-dp-carbon-tail-tidy.html)

Marcbc Jul 25th 2013 09:42 AM

DP Carbon Tail Tidy

I was out having the 41tooth sprocket etc and new boots put onto the bike this morning and noticed the DP tail tidy had sheared on both of the thicker metal arms beneath the carbon fibre "cap" to the rear plate.

According the dealer, they had seen several of these but had no replacements. I called the dealer I had bought the bike from but they had never heard of this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems odd to me.

The temp repair is three cable ties.

Also for those interested Ducati Coventry have an R with 1,600 miles on the clock for 22,000. Sadly they would not take my S as p/exch as they had two already. :(

Stw Jul 25th 2013 10:00 AM

:eek:..Do you have pics???

Marcbc Jul 25th 2013 01:27 PM

Will post some soon.

WAfatboy Jul 25th 2013 01:38 PM

Will check mine when I get home.

Coventry hot as hell at the moment? Can't imagine 30C+ there!

Chippy Jul 25th 2013 02:16 PM

I think Coventry has actually been warmer than that over the past week :eek:

bolds Jul 25th 2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcbc (Post 110253)
I was out having the 41tooth sprocket etc and new boots put onto the bike this morning and noticed the DP tail tidy had sheared on both of the thicker metal arms beneath the carbon fibre "cap" to the rear plate.

According the dealer, they had seen several of these but had no replacements. I called the dealer I had bought the bike from but they had never heard of this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems odd to me.

The temp repair is three cable ties.

Also for those interested Ducati Coventry have an R with 1,600 miles on the clock for 22,000. Sadly they would not take my S as p/exch as they had two already. :(

yes I have heard of a few doing it-the aluminium bracket seems to break although if you don't have the reflector and a huge std UK number plate its probably going to be ok

Marcbc Jul 25th 2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolds (Post 110346)
yes I have heard of a few doing it-the aluminium bracket seems to break although if you don't have the reflector and a huge std UK number plate its probably going to be ok

That is exactly what John at JHP said. Thankyou, that will help with the warranty claim.

Billy boy Aug 5th 2013 07:12 AM

Broken tail tidy.

I have had the same problem, I'm about to fit the second one with the smaller plate and hope this solves the problem. All at coventry Ducati have been out standing, replaced the old one ASAP no questions asked.

Xbox Aug 5th 2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy boy (Post 115355)
I have had the same problem, I'm about to fit the second one with the smaller plate and hope this solves the problem. All at coventry Ducati have been out standing, replaced the old one ASAP no questions asked.

Oh how I miss dealer support..... :o

Hamish Aug 6th 2013 01:14 AM

What labour time/charge did they give you for the sprocket change? I've just done the same thing including the annual service plus an agreed 2 hours to fit termi headers. All up they charged 6 hours which I thought 4 hours to fit sprocket, chain and do a service was at least an hour too much. My dealer got pretty pissed with me when I questioned the labour content. Thoughts???