Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 25th 2013, 02:46 PM   #1

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 Base ABS
Question Let's about brake pads

So I recently went to do a service at my dealership and had them double check my brake pads which I thought had very little life left, sadly turns out am right . I have only 7k miles on my bike with a couple of track days and several mountain runs. So now the question is do I fork out 100 a piece for the original brembos or some other brand? My tech recommend EBC HH pads. Anyone have suggestions or recommendations that they have tried on their bike.

Thanks ahead for the help

Old Jul 25th 2013, 03:37 PM   #2

I Ride: 2012 1199
Pads were squeaking with less than 3000 non-track miles on the clock. Local dealer recognized the problem and replaced the pads with brand new EBC HH pads under warranty. Tech said they recommend this pad over the OEM Brembo.

The EBC so far has a much more linear bite with less effort than the Brembos. Stopping power is about the same, which is to be expected. Overall though, I would certainly buy these pads.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 03:45 PM   #3

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 Base ABS
Originally Posted by Pani Dropper View Post
Pads were squeaking with less than 3000 non-track miles on the clock. Local dealer recognized the problem and replaced the pads with brand new EBC HH pads under warranty. Tech said they recommend this pad over the OEM Brembo.

The EBC so far has a much more linear bite with less effort than the Brembos. Stopping power is about the same, which is to be expected. Overall though, I would certainly buy these pads.
That's about exactly what my tech said EBC pads might have a greater initial bite but offer the same stopping power.

Thanks for confirming this, much apreciated.

By the way how are they lasting you now that you changed over to them?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 09:08 PM   #4

I Ride: 2012 1199
Originally Posted by LDucati 1199S View Post
That's about exactly what my tech said EBC pads might have a greater initial bite but offer the same stopping power.

Thanks for confirming this, much apreciated.

By the way how are they lasting you now that you changed over to them?
Not sure, just had the fronts replaced last weekend. All I know is that there is no more squealing!
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:44 PM   #5

Originally Posted by LDucati 1199S View Post
So I recently went to do a service at my dealership and had them double check my brake pads which I thought had very little life left, sadly turns out am right . I have only 7k miles on my bike with a couple of track days and several mountain runs. So now the question is do I fork out 100 a piece for the original brembos or some other brand? My tech recommend EBC HH pads. Anyone have suggestions or recommendations that they have tried on their bike.

Thanks ahead for the help
Yup, replaced mine too just a bit over 7,000kms as it was almost down to the limit. Did three trackdays, joined in on our local Ducati Cup Races and usual sunday morning ride with my mates.

I replaced them with EBC's HH sintered pads. These pads are better than the OEM brembo pads. They have more bite and are fade resistant during my hard trackday rides and races. Very happy with these pads. Part # for Front EBC-HH Pads for Panigales # FA447HH. I also replaced my front brake fluid with Motul's RBF600. RBF- Racing Brake Fluid, which has a higher boiling point than the standard DOT4 brake fluid. Night and day difference.

Never replaced my rear pads though. Rear pads are still very thick and would be good for another 10,000kms as I hardly use my rear.
Thanks from capnjack52
Old Sep 7th 2016, 09:15 AM   #6

I know it's an old thread but I figured it makes more sense resurrecting than starting a new one.

I've heard mixed things about the noise of the EBC pads. I know our bikes are loud so I figure you probably can't heard them. Just wanted to know if anyone experienced this?
Old Sep 12th 2016, 06:05 AM   #7

I Ride: 1199S, F1098, R6, R1
I used EBC pads a few years ago and was not happy. I switched to SBS dual carbon pads and have them on all of my bikes. Best pads I've ever used and they are dead silent.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 06:51 AM   #8

if you ride on the track go vesrah rjl NOT THE RACE ONE, the street/oem replacement. iirc its the ss. one finger power. the ebc are fine but create too much dust! the vesrah does not do this. However, follow the instructions and get the rotors media blasted. they will be the best brakes you've ever tried. the vesrah race pads grab too much (believe me).
Old Sep 13th 2016, 07:05 AM   #9

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
I have the vesrah rjl on my cbr and they are good brakes. Have also purchased a set for the 1199 but don't have a need to replace the oems yet.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 07:09 AM   #10

I Ride: '12 1199S
I run EBC HHs and love them so far. Worked well on the street and track. I put on a new set in February and went through 6 track weekends (two of which were at Road America breaking from 170mph+ from their crazy long straights) and a couple days on the backroads and they still have decent life left in them.

On really hot days at the track I do notice a little fade by the end of the session but it's nowhere as bad as the OEMs.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
brake, pads

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.