Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree15Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 31st 2013, 06:45 AM   #1

cheapest speed ever : 42 rear sprocket

spent lats 2 days at Le Mans, famous for it's 24hour races..

went with the idea to have a good look at setup and to find out about the 42 tooth rear sprocket that just got in..

Le mans takes some getting used to as it has some funny corners. the weirdest one being the bend before the braking area at the end of the straight, diving in a tight chicane.. it's a knee down afair in 5th for the brave.. coming from full open in 6th ... the track is wide as an airfield to lines are not too clear..

after a non inspired session we went back to F on the rear and kept it there.. there were no moments that had me owndering on something else.. the front came into his own without any changes made so we think that titghening up the rear induced some stability, especially on exit.

the bike ran great but then we decided to change the rear sprocket to take it to 42 teeth...

Man man man , what a change this made.. bye bye dip and welcome the strongest pull i experienced yet... the bike was trandformed. even after loosing 20kg, i'm still at 95kg all dressed so the bike has t o pull some weight... whereas there always some wait for the kick to come, this now is immediate.. there is no more lagging , just an insane pull all the way up to sixth.. even at spa i never hit sixth as it took too long... now at the end of the straight in LM, i went from 256 max to 279 (DDA) or 20kph . the bike now jumps out of corners and hang on the throttle everywhere... the only stop now being the ridicously long throttle ...

it also combines beautifully with the engine braking as it rolls of ever so nicely

at 200 euro's these must be the very best money spend to change you bike completely and a definiate recommendation for people doing spirited trackdays. ffor racers, they prob already carry this ...

some pics showing...

the 3 R's..

whoops, make 6 R's ( 3 x1199 and 1x1098 and 2x999 as rainbikes + 999S) full garage

the nica 42

and as i hadn't put the heatshield back on and the wrap smoked ferociously, we improvised by cutting a piece of stainless steel sheet and making a heatshield on the spot ... and it worked damn fine.... could ride without getting hot... now that is what i call assistance...
Attached Thumbnails
cheapest speed ever : 42 rear sprocket-3rs.jpg   cheapest speed ever : 42 rear sprocket-6r-999s.jpg   cheapest speed ever : 42 rear sprocket-42-rear-sprocket.jpg   cheapest speed ever : 42 rear sprocket-heatshield.jpg  

Last edited by kope999R; Jul 31st 2013 at 07:03 AM.

Old Jul 31st 2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
14T in the front is even cheaper, and it gives you a slightly longer wheelbase
Thanks from NorthBankGooner and kope999R
Old Jul 31st 2013, 07:21 AM   #3

I Ride: 2012 Panigale
It's even good for city riding; makes it easier to leave stoplights and ride in stop and go Oahu traffic.
Thanks from kope999R
Old Jul 31st 2013, 07:53 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
14T in the front is even cheaper, and it gives you a slightly longer wheelbase
yep it does But then that becomes a 44 in the back... i think you'll loose the smoothness as it should get ultra snappy and tiresome as you shifting like all of the time, no?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:00 AM   #5

Isn't that going to make the snappy power of our bikes just too much? I'm already worried about going to the 41 rear tbh.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:17 AM   #6

I Ride: God gave us eyes to look at beautiful women, eyelids so we don't have to look at the ugly ones!!!
Just ordered a 14 tooth from Gunny, will let you know how snappy she becomes, I know my wife will when she finds out I have spent more money on the Panigale than her lately LOL!!!!
Thanks from Phl
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:19 AM   #7

I Ride: 998R & Panigale R
Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
spent lats 2 days at Le Mans, famous for it's 24hour races..

went with the idea to have a good look at setup and to find out about the 42 tooth rear sprocket that just got in..

Le mans takes some getting used to as it has some funny corners. the weirdest one being the bend before the braking area at the end of the straight, diving in a tight chicane.. it's a knee down afair in 5th for the brave.. coming from full open in 6th ... the track is wide as an airfield to lines are not too clear..

after a non inspired session we went back to F on the rear and kept it there.. there were no moments that had me owndering on something else.. the front came into his own without any changes made so we think that titghening up the rear induced some stability, especially on exit.

the bike ran great but then we decided to change the rear sprocket to take it to 42 teeth...

Man man man , what a change this made.. bye bye dip and welcome the strongest pull i experienced yet... the bike was trandformed. even after loosing 20kg, i'm still at 95kg all dressed so the bike has t o pull some weight... whereas there always some wait for the kick to come, this now is immediate.. there is no more lagging , just an insane pull all the way up to sixth.. even at spa i never hit sixth as it took too long... now at the end of the straight in LM, i went from 256 max to 279 (DDA) or 20kph . the bike now jumps out of corners and hang on the throttle everywhere... the only stop now being the ridicously long throttle ...

it also combines beautifully with the engine braking as it rolls of ever so nicely

at 200 euro's these must be the very best money spend to change you bike completely and a definiate recommendation for people doing spirited trackdays. ffor racers, they prob already carry this ...

some pics showing...

the 3 R's..

whoops, make 6 R's ( 3 x1199 and 1x1098 and 2x999 as rainbikes + 999S) full garage

the nica 42

and as i hadn't put the heatshield back on and the wrap smoked ferociously, we improvised by cutting a piece of stainless steel sheet and making a heatshield on the spot ... and it worked damn fine.... could ride without getting hot... now that is what i call assistance...
Iam in Monza next weekend, guess is better put 39 teeth sprocket back (now in 42 ) in there...last year I hitting rev limiter my old 1098 14/39....
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:19 AM   #8

44: yes. 42 not in my case... being 95kg's dressed does calm it down... i can't speak for others but the throttlemapping Steve put on here makes it ultrasmooth over 5K with the 42, for me, this smoothness just comes quicker... no more waiting for the pull to come.. especially when hoovering between 2nd and third as so many corners do... 3rd now comes a better option as it also keeps a tighter line rolling of...
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:21 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Sutki View Post
Iam in Monza next weekend, guess is better put 39 teeth sprocket back (now in 42 ) in there...last year I hitting rev limiter my old 1098 14/39....

lol ! yes indeed ! ... just try to get behind that small bubble ... best thing you can try ! same for Mugello ...
Old Jul 31st 2013, 08:23 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Carl1199 View Post
Just ordered a 14 tooth from Gunny, will let you know how snappy she becomes, I know my wife will when she finds out I have spent more money on the Panigale than her lately LOL!!!!
for the money of a front sprocket... take her to a fancy icecream store and you'll be fine !... mine knows what the slide costs.... ouchhh...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
cheapest, rear, speed, sprocket