Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 4th 2012, 05:41 PM   #1

I Ride: Proud owner of a Pani S
Fan Control Temp Adjust

Hi All,

I have a question, be it stupid or not but is there any way you can lower the fan controler temp so it comes on at a lower temperature.

Thanks

Old Jul 4th 2012, 06:55 PM   #2

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199 S...
That would be awesome.... Great Mod
Old Jul 4th 2012, 09:34 PM   #3

yeah i think it would be a good idea, but is there anyone that would know how to do this apart from linking an on/off switch.

I take it you would have to re program the ECU?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:46 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Tricolore and an 848
Excellent idea. If anybody knows how to do this (and preferably without voiding warranty!) I would be up for that.

With the heat here, after my Friday rides I come back and the temp is quite high, and around the I think 102C when the fan kicks in.

So I now switch it off, push it in the garage and then turn the ignition back on without starting, to let the fans run for a few minutes untill I see the temp go down. PIA
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:59 AM   #5

This can probably be done by tricking the ECU in thinking that the temperature is higher than it actually is. Maybe you could mount a resistor to give the sensor a different value as standard.

The problem might be that de computer would show a different temperature when you try and fiddle with the value.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 01:16 AM   #6

I'm sure there must be a way you can just reprogram the the fan controler on the ECU without affecting anything. There must be something in the logic that tells the fan to come on at that set temp so if you can just change that value then I cant see how it will affect anything else.

I know that you can do this to cars so there must be a way. I'm just puzzled as to why Ducati set it so high.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 06:01 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Arnbine View Post
I'm sure there must be a way you can just reprogram the the fan controler on the ECU without affecting anything. There must be something in the logic that tells the fan to come on at that set temp so if you can just change that value then I cant see how it will affect anything else.

I know that you can do this to cars so there must be a way. I'm just puzzled as to why Ducati set it so high.
Correct but I'm not sure if the Panigale's ECU is encrypted ( tuner-protected ).
Old Jul 5th 2012, 08:51 AM   #8

I Ride: 1199
I know when I had my CBR that a lot of owners were doing this mod. Most went about it by mounting a manual switch that they could turn on and off at their choosing. I never did the mod myself but searching the Honda Forums may give you some ideas.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 05:10 PM   #9

Yeah I would much rather go down the path of adjusting the figures in the ECU. Dont really want to hook up a manual switch to it.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 06:28 PM   #10

I Ride: 2014 1199 Panigale R
Originally Posted by Ducati Dreams View Post
I know when I had my CBR that a lot of owners were doing this mod. Most went about it by mounting a manual switch that they could turn on and off at their choosing. I never did the mod myself but searching the Honda Forums may give you some ideas.
I did this mod to my CBR1000RR. Absolutely the best thing I did. It was a manual switch that would turn the fan on/off at will. So if I was riding on a hot day, traffic started to get bad -- flip the switch and it stayed about 180 degrees. Loved it!!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
adjust, control, fan, temp

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.