Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 10th 2012, 04:34 AM   #11

I Ride: '12 1199, '13 KTM990SMT
Bottom line, it's a loud bike. And you can pretty much assume at least 90% of the population that doesn't own one is going to be annoyed by it. And a good percentage of the rest of the population as well if it's fired up and left running outside their bedroom window at 6:30AM.

Someone comes out with some slipons that sound good, but lose about 5-6db and no power, sign me up. Don't need to impress anyone with my loud pipes; I already do that with my dashing good looks!
Thanks from Mitchlguzin

Old Jul 10th 2012, 04:41 AM   #12

I Ride: Panigale S
I retired three years ago and moved into a very small hamlet (only 18 houses) in the middle of nowhere. Most of the other are residents retired too but also young. They are very considerate to those that do work and will only cut grass, hedges, trees etc during the week. At weekends this place is silent so the workers can enjoy some real countryside peace. No planes, streetlights or constant traffic noise either.

Having been made an offer I could not turn down to go back to work, I think it is only fair I do not piss off my neighbours by leaving the engine running on my Panni (when I get it) whilst on the drive early in the morning or late evenings.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 05:58 AM   #13

I Ride: Current: 12 1199 Base ABS, 09 Ape RS125 07 CRF250R SM, 08 CRF100 x2, 10 SH150i, 04 NSR50
Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
It was a guestimation of less than 10 min. Cold morning. No revving involved. There is no way I'm going to wait till 10am to go ride. I'll admit 6:30am is early on the weekend but 10am to start up a bike to an idle and leave? I don't agree.
Let me clarify, I don't mean you can't or shouldn't use your bike before 10 AM.

Just get all your stuff ready, start the bike, wait about 15 seconds for the oil to flow and then idle off. Bike doesn't need to be warmed up to ride. This isn't 1980. Bike isn't a 2 stroke.

My relationship with my neighbors is VERY important. These are the same people who help look after my kids, my house, and my life. I try hard to be a good neighbor. Even if it isn't what I want to do sometimes. The end result is worth it.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 06:11 AM   #14

I Ride: 2014 1199 Panigale R
Originally Posted by turnone View Post
Let me clarify, I don't mean you can't or shouldn't use your bike before 10 AM.

Just get all your stuff ready, start the bike, wait about 15 seconds for the oil to flow and then idle off. Bike doesn't need to be warmed up to ride. This isn't 1980. Bike isn't a 2 stroke.

My relationship with my neighbors is VERY important. These are the same people who help look after my kids, my house, and my life. I try hard to be a good neighbor. Even if it isn't what I want to do sometimes. The end result is worth it.
+1

I regularly ride my bike to work, leaving at 7:15am. But when I start it, I'm right there, usually putting on gloves, helmet, etc. No more than 1-2 minutes and I'm ready to ride. Never any complaints.

However there are probably 6-7 Harley owners on our street, plus a SV1000 with loud pipes. Our neighbors next door are both police officers and both ride Harleys. So the majority are "bike friendly." We like our neighbors!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 07:19 AM   #15

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory, 2014 Beta 520 RS
All good points. I'm not trying to start a war with the neighbors either. That was the first time I ever started it on the weekend at 6:30am. Now I know and will try and be more conscious about it but I'm not going to quit riding to work because some one else doesn't like it. I'm not some punk kid out to give motorcycle riders a bad name.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 07:31 AM   #16

When I leave that early, I roll the bike into the street, put all my gear on, and when I fire up I move out immediately. Seems like the polite thing to do.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:48 AM   #17

Originally Posted by Marcbc View Post
I retired three years ago and moved into a very small hamlet (only 18 houses) in the middle of nowhere. Most of the other are residents retired too but also young. They are very considerate to those that do work and will only cut grass, hedges, trees etc during the week. At weekends this place is silent so the workers can enjoy some real countryside peace. No planes, streetlights or constant traffic noise either.

Having been made an offer I could not turn down to go back to work, I think it is only fair I do not piss off my neighbours by leaving the engine running on my Panni (when I get it) whilst on the drive early in the morning or late evenings.
I want to move to your village, peace and quiet and you could say 'not me making all the noise, it's that other bloke'

I realise it must be annoying so I roll the bike off the drive start and ride off gently through the town, there is a guy down the road with a cruiser that always idles and blips before riding off doesn't worry me it sounds nice but as said to most it's annoying I'm sure.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 01:45 PM   #18
Retired

I go into work at 0300 Mon thru Thurs. I actually coast the bike down the driveway and crank it in the street, as the garage/retaining wall would trap and magnify the sound. And the bike is on stock pipes,
Old Jul 10th 2012, 02:49 PM   #19

I Ride: 1199 Panigale , Bitches !
Bikes are designed to perform correctly when hot. Two mins. is plenty of time to get up to proper temp. So , crank it up , idle for two mins , ease out the clutch and roll over to her witch's shack , then put down a ten foot long " Welcome to my world ! " burnout , right in front of her mailbox.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 03:16 PM   #20

I Ride: Panigale S
I'm with most of you guys.
I'd like to be able to idle for 2-3 mins, just till the "LOW" temp goes off on the dash, but I like my neighbours, and they have kids.
I point my bike out the drive, and start it as I roll out. Luckily I have 30 seconds or so where I can roll down hill at idle to get at least some little heat into the oil before selecting a gear..

Not ideal, but it's worth it to keep the peace..

j.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
complaint, noise