Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:25 AM   #21

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S Tricolore and an 848
I suggest, next time she complains, you tell her that:

if she can hear your bike in her house then she obviously does not have double glazing or very good insulation in her home and that she is therefore environmentally inconsiderate

Unlike you, a responsible citizen who has chosen to ride a motorcycle which is considerably less impact on traffic congestion and the environment.

Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:39 AM   #22
Kam

I can understand if it's a common occurrence but if it just a one off I hate to say It but you going to have a nightmare neighbour.

I tend to use my bike as a weekend toy so on the odd ocassion I'll leave a 7am for an early ride out on a Sunday. My neighbours are very understanding and I make a big effort of saying hello and inviting them over to look at any new purchases.

I used to have a Lamborghini Murci with straight through pipes which makes my Panny sound quiet so guessing my neighbours are probably happy that's gone

I have a good friend who has to push his 1098R all the way down road before starting it as the neighbours get upset, he does run a full 70mm race system.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 08:31 AM   #23

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory, 2014 Beta 520 RS
Originally Posted by Delta One View Post
I suggest, next time she complains, you tell her that:

if she can hear your bike in her house then she obviously does not have double glazing or very good insulation in her home and that she is therefore environmentally inconsiderate

Unlike you, a responsible citizen who has chosen to ride a motorcycle which is considerably less impact on traffic congestion and the environment.
I like your style Delta Like I said this was a one time event... not every day or even twice!!!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 08:33 AM   #24

Originally Posted by 2012DUCATI1199 View Post
Bikes are designed to perform correctly when hot. Two mins. is plenty of time to get up to proper temp. So , crank it up , idle for two mins , ease out the clutch and roll over to her witch's shack , then put down a ten foot long " Welcome to my world ! " burnout , right in front of her mailbox.
This thought did cross my mind but in the long run probably not the best choice for a peaceful neighborhood...
Old Jul 11th 2012, 08:53 AM   #25

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Ask her if you had a harley crapbox with pipes would she complain then?? some people like to complain about nothing.

GOOD DAY SIR!
Old Jan 11th 2013, 04:04 PM   #26

I Ride: 2013 1199 Ducati Panigale ABS
Originally Posted by 2012DUCATI1199 View Post
Bikes are designed to perform correctly when hot. Two mins. is plenty of time to get up to proper temp. So , crank it up , idle for two mins , ease out the clutch and roll over to her witch's shack , then put down a ten foot long " Welcome to my world ! " burnout , right in front of her mailbox.
EXACTLY! Tell that troll to go fuck herself and to get out of your face. If shes bitching about that one time incident then shes a bitch anyways and who gives one shit what she thinks. God i hate people often..
Old Jan 11th 2013, 04:55 PM   #27

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Wow, old thread resurrected!

If it was the first or second time it happened, I think you should get a pass. If it was a habit, then I could see her point. Some people just like conflict though.

My neighbors are pretty cool about it. My Pani is new, so they haven't enjoyed that heavenly tune on a regular basis yet. But, they have heard my Harley with VH Bigshots, cam, head work and have never said anything. I try to be respectful since it is obnoxiously loud, so weekends it is after 8 or 9am.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 04:57 PM   #28

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
I had a neighbor that clearly hated my bikes but never said anything. However, he reported me to the housing office for my grass being too high which generated a citation to my landlord. In return, I almost got evicted cause apparently it is a big deal. So your neighbors might not always say anything about the noise or what you ride, but they will find a way to f uck you deep in the arse.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 09:19 PM   #29

If I leave real early for a ride I roll the bike out the garage and start it, then let it coast down the street in neutral (I live on a slightly downhill road) At the bottom where no one lives I sit for a minute to fully warm it up then go. I try to be friendly with my neighbors..
Old Jan 11th 2013, 10:01 PM   #30

Wow! This was a while ago but I was thinking of this recently because I hear a few punk ass kids cars with the loud tuna can exhaust trolling around late at night...so I hope she gets her bitch ass up and chases them down the road complaining about the noise!!!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
complaint, noise