Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 9th 2012, 08:44 PM   #1

I Ride: 2017 RSV4 RF, 2010 RSV4 Factory, 2014 Beta 520 RS
Noise Complaint!

Has anyone had a complaint from their neighbor about your bike idling in the driveway being too loud?

Saturday I had to run into work for little bit and it seemed like a great day to ride in with the sunny weather and no traffic. So at 6:30am I got my gear out, rolled the bike out and fired her up. Then finished my coffee, threw my jacket on turned around and there was a strange lady in my driveway...

She said that they work all week and my bike is too loud and to please start it and just leave. I said that I work too and am going there now. Sorry that I woke you, that was not my intention but I'm doing nothing wrong here. She walked away...

She lives across the street, two houses down. My bike was never rev'd and was idling less than 10 min.
Thanks from luke

Old Jul 9th 2012, 08:50 PM   #2

I Ride: Panigale S/Abs Honda CBR1000RR Repsol
Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
Has anyone had a complaint from their neighbor about your bike idling in the driveway being too loud?

Saturday I had to run into work for little bit and it seemed like a great day to ride in with the sunny weather and no traffic. So at 6:30am I got my gear out, rolled the bike out and fired her up. Then finished my coffee, threw my jacket on turned around and there was a strange lady in my driveway...

She said that they work all week and my bike is too loud and to please start it and just leave. I said that I work too and am going there now. Sorry that I woke you, that was not my intention but I'm doing nothing wrong here. She walked away...

She lives across the street, two houses down. My bike was never rev'd and was idling less than 10 min.
Just for me personally, 6:30am and letting it idle is a little much. Strange lady may have a point. For us it's music, for others sleeping it's F-in noise.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 08:59 PM   #3

I Ride: Current: 12 1199 Base ABS, 09 Ape RS125 07 CRF250R SM, 08 CRF100 x2, 10 SH150i, 04 NSR50
Why would you let your bike idle 10 minutes?
And yes, bike is too damn loud at 6:30 AM on a Saturday. Most people in my hood work regular weekday hours. Anything past 10:00 PM or before 7:00 AM is just being rude IMO.
I don't rev or work on my toys between those hours. Weekends, I don't work on anything before 10 AM.

Same goes for cutting the grass if your lawn mower is noisy.

Chris
Thanks from Cloner
Old Jul 9th 2012, 09:03 PM   #4

I Ride: 07 zx10r
Shell get over it mate
Old Jul 9th 2012, 09:03 PM   #5

Valid point. I wouldn't have been up that early myself if it was not for work. I guess I wasn't aware that it was that loud and carried that far. I just want to enjoy the bike as much as I can...
Old Jul 9th 2012, 09:06 PM   #6

Originally Posted by turnone View Post
Why would you let your bike idle 10 minutes?
And yes, bike is too damn loud at 6:30 AM on a Saturday. Most people in my hood work regular weekday hours. Anything past 10:00 PM or before 7:00 AM is just being rude IMO.
I don't rev or work on my toys between those hours. Weekends, I don't work on anything before 10 AM.

Chris
It was a guestimation of less than 10 min. Cold morning. No revving involved. There is no way I'm going to wait till 10am to go ride. I'll admit 6:30am is early on the weekend but 10am to start up a bike to an idle and leave? I don't agree.

Last edited by flobrandx; Jul 9th 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 09:36 PM   #7

I Ride: 1199 Pani-awesome
Clearly there are no harley's in your hood... woulda been like an idling middle finger in the driveway and your Pani would even had woken them up.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 09:41 PM   #8

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory
Originally Posted by turnone View Post
....Weekends, I don't work on anything before 10 AM.

Chris
You couldn't get away with that here in the valley. It's triple digits by 10am LOL

I ride everyday to work. Fire my Pani up at 6:15am every morning. I don't let it idle hardly at all. When I leave I try to roll through the neighborhood until I get to the main road then all bets are off. But you apologized and she'll get over it.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 11:25 PM   #9

I Ride: GSXR750 K7, 1199 Panigale
I could see if this was a common practice for you to get up early and start the bike etc... OR were ripping up and down the street at 110bd. Then I could see someone saying something. But one time and she is down their complaining? I think it is time for someone to start shopping the retirement communities. Did this person ever have children? I mean, mine were up a the crack of dawn every saturday and sunday, earlier on Christmas... for years!

Here's an idea...If she comes down and complains again and a simple polite apology doesn't help you could explain to her how her reaction to the bike confuses you as most women want to go for a ride and then have sex because it is a Ducati. I doubt she'll be back after that. Of course her husband may visit next time. (if she still has one).

Heck, in my neighborhood people are up at 6am on weekends cutting the grass and running leaf blowers. At first it bothered me but I got over it. It's just how things are in AZ. By 9 or 10 am in the summer it is too hot to be doing yard work so people get it done early. So around here you either get used to early weekend noise or move out of the state.

Oh well, I guess this all part of what happens when you are socially irresponsible and ride a motorcycle. LOL.

Smiles per mile man, Smiles per mile.

Last edited by efna; Jul 9th 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 01:19 AM   #10

for us over here cops cant doing anything I think between 7am and 8pm weekdays and 8am to 8pm weekends. If they get called out they only do it because the idiot that called used the emergency number. They come over say hi, have a look and then leave.

Only had one complaint so far; I turned my bike on for 1min so I could check the oil level..530pm in the arvo and on a monday, one of the neighbours opened their window and got upset. Friggen twat could've come down and had a chat and we could of worked something out...but noooo they have be insecure and flame without showing their face. Annoying.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
complaint, noise