Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree5Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 21st 2013, 05:37 AM   #1

swing arm rubbing

posted in the mechanical forum, but is anyone else getting this?

Chain is rubbing behind the rear set for the gear shift on the swing arm.
Attached Thumbnails
swing arm rubbing-photo.jpg  

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 06:57 PM   #2

Originally Posted by mcipaulr View Post
posted in the mechanical forum, but is anyone else getting this?

Chain is rubbing behind the rear set for the gear shift on the swing arm.

Hmmmmmm...never had that problem on mine...best to check with your dealer.
Also, I think there was another topic of the same problem mentioned in this forum...
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 07:09 PM   #3

I Ride: 15 Pani R ( I weep a little sometimes )
reversed front sprocket during assembly is what is talked about here.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:11 PM   #4

I had that on mine (well, still have it, though it no longer rubs since I switched to a 520).

Did a search for front sprocket reversed, reversed front sprocket and this is the only thread that came up....very interested in a link if anyone can find the thread.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 02:20 AM   #5

I Ride: 1199 abs
more than likely got the modified sprockets and installed incorrectly, new swing arm warranty?
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 05:27 PM   #6

Had the same issue with mine and was caused by a loose chain. It also chipped away the chain rail. Swing arm was repaired and new chain rail is coming. Repair was excellent, cannot even tell it had been hit by the chain. Very happy with the workmanship.
BTW wanted to buy the chain tool but was advised against it by dealer as the adjustment of the chain and bolt torque are quite delicate and precise. Could end up being a safety issue if not done correctly. So, it means every now and then it has to go back for chain tensioning to avoid swing arm being hit.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 06:40 PM   #7

Ok - just got the final info from the dealer

The rear swing arm was out of spec - causing the chain to rub.

They ordered the new swing arm under warranty and got it installed yesterday and I was supposed to take delivery today.

After driving the 110 miles to the dealership to pick up my 1199r i was told that the DES error came back and that it was the actual Ohlins unit for the rear that is not working correctly and they are tracking down a new part for that; supposedly only one left in the U.S. that was to be overnighted to them.

In addition; plus i noticed some paint defects today on the tail; looks like some a small bubble on the side
-and it looks like the left side carbon heel guard also has a white piece where it looks like the matte covering didn't take to the carbon.
-I'll wait to address that for when i pick up my bike at this point.... at this point with this much trouble, might as well have the bike perfect...

1199r owner now for 2.5 weeks, of which 2 weeks the bike has been at the dealership...
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 06:42 PM   #8

Originally Posted by duc077 View Post
more than likely got the modified sprockets and installed incorrectly, new swing arm warranty?
only had the bike for 1 day when all these issues started popping up... no time to do anything to it.

swing arm was covered under warranty and sent from italy
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 06:44 PM   #9

Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
I had that on mine (well, still have it, though it no longer rubs since I switched to a 520).

Did a search for front sprocket reversed, reversed front sprocket and this is the only thread that came up....very interested in a link if anyone can find the thread.
with the rub - i had them change the swing arm and the chain under warranty; mine was caused by the swing arm being out of alignment.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 08:26 PM   #10

Ducati has been great with after sales service i.e. warranty work. I didn't know that you can actually repair swing arms and colour match the paint. I didn't even expect them to do anything since it was only cosmetic but I'm not complaining. The dealer has been great as well, doing everything to help me out and to keep me happy.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
arm, rubbing, swing

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.