LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 6th 2017, 09:27 PM   #31

According to the service manual the procedure is as follows:

To refit the wheel:

1. Fit the spacers on each side of the hub
2. Place the wheel between the fork legs
3. Insert the wheel shaft
4. Fit the washer then tighten the locking nut to 63Nm
5. Install the calipers and tighten the screws to 2Nm then pump the brakes a few times to create pressure and hold the lever and tighten the screws to 45Nm
6. Lower the bike and push up and down the handlebars to load the suspension and properly sit the fork legs onto the wheel shaft
7. Tighten the pinch screws (under the fork legs) to 19Nm

So, the calipers are NOT the last step and it doesn't mention anything about tighten the pinch screws on one side and then the locking nut, yadda yadda yadda....

But, what do I know? I'm just following instructions from the Ducati Workshop Manual
Thanks from bradp51

Old Jul 12th 2017, 09:12 AM   #32

Originally Posted by rrgermanlv View Post
According to the service manual the procedure is as follows:

To refit the wheel:

1. Fit the spacers on each side of the hub
2. Place the wheel between the fork legs
3. Insert the wheel shaft
4. Fit the washer then tighten the locking nut to 63Nm
5. Install the calipers and tighten the screws to 2Nm then pump the brakes a few times to create pressure and hold the lever and tighten the screws to 45Nm
6. Lower the bike and push up and down the handlebars to load the suspension and properly sit the fork legs onto the wheel shaft
7. Tighten the pinch screws (under the fork legs) to 19Nm

So, the calipers are NOT the last step and it doesn't mention anything about tighten the pinch screws on one side and then the locking nut, yadda yadda yadda....

But, what do I know? I'm just following instructions from the Ducati Workshop Manual
UPDATE: The settings above are for Ohlins forks... if you have a Base model (like me - Marzocchi forks) the pinch bolts need less torque. 6Nm, and NOT 19Nm.

Last edited by rrgermanlv; Jul 14th 2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 07:22 PM   #33

I Ride: 2010 RSV4 Factory (Track), Paul Smart LE, 1199 Panigale S Tricolore (SOLD)
Very important to set the front wheel properly for alignment of wheel, calipers, and rotors. I used this video from Dave Moss for my RSV4 but sounds like it should be similar for most bikes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYHV78tWs1c

The last shop that put my wheel back on didn't do it properly and I could tell on the track by the brake lever feel and noise so it makes a difference n how it's done.
Thanks from bradp51
Old Jul 14th 2017, 02:54 PM   #34

Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
Very important to set the front wheel properly for alignment of wheel, calipers, and rotors. I used this video from Dave Moss for my RSV4 but sounds like it should be similar for most bikes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYHV78tWs1c

The last shop that put my wheel back on didn't do it properly and I could tell on the track by the brake lever feel and noise so it makes a difference n how it's done.
Yup. Me too. Only thing is the locking nut is on the opposite side of ours, other than that is basically the same procedure

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
front, removalneed, wheel

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.