Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
George Villar's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: New York City

Posts: 638
Thanks: 234

I Ride: Ducati 1199 Tricolore S, 1199 Panigale ABS, Bimota Tesi2D,DB-7,DB1,etc. BMW alpha Racing s1000rr
1199 Tri-colore a future collectable?

If you look on Ducati - Bikes, Equipment, Accessories, Racing, Company, Dealer - Official Site Ducati > BIKES > Superbike.... you will notice that as of the EICMA Milan show, there is no more 1199 Panigale S Tri-colore.

Being that this bike is a major forward step for Ducati under the old Italian ownership (prior to Audi's acquisition), I think that this bike will be appreciating in value.

Just my opinion.

What do you think?
Thanks from CaliDuc
George Villar is offline  
 
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Stw
Moderator
 
Stw's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Dallas.Tx

Posts: 6,381
Thanks: 2539

Originally Posted by George Villar View Post
If you look on Ducati - Bikes, Equipment, Accessories, Racing, Company, Dealer - Official Site Ducati > BIKES > Superbike.... you will notice that as of the EICMA Milan show, there is no more 1199 Panigale S Tri-colore.

Being that this bike is a major forward step for Ducati under the old Italian ownership (prior to Audi's acquisition), I think that this bike will be appreciating in value.

Just my opinion.

What do you think?
...are you being serious here??
Stw is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
acowsik's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Bangalore, India

Posts: 384
Thanks: 87

Originally Posted by Stw View Post
...are you being serious here??
Yes he is..

The Tri is indeed gone and is not available for purchase anymore.. its just the base, S and R now.. nice catch there George.. I just noticed the same after seeing ur post..

So yes.. folks like Gunny and others who own a Tri.. congrats on being proud owners of a unique paint scheme bike and hang on to those
Thanks from Gunny Fitz

Last edited by acowsik; Nov 5th 2013 at 07:10 AM.
acowsik is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Stw
Moderator
 
Stw's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Dallas.Tx

Posts: 6,381
Thanks: 2539

Originally Posted by acowsik View Post
Yes he is..

The Tri is indeed gone and is not available for purchase anymore.. its just the base, S and R now.. nice catch there George.. I just noticed the same after seeing ur post..

So yes.. folks like Gunny and others who own a Tri.. congrats on being proud owners of a unique paint scheme bike and hang on to those
Oh...Ok then.....
Stw is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:47 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
CaliDuc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Bay Area, California

Posts: 1,217
Thanks: 466

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Originally Posted by George Villar View Post
If you look on Ducati - Bikes, Equipment, Accessories, Racing, Company, Dealer - Official Site Ducati > BIKES > Superbike.... you will notice that as of the EICMA Milan show, there is no more 1199 Panigale S Tri-colore.

Being that this bike is a major forward step for Ducati under the old Italian ownership (prior to Audi's acquisition), I think that this bike will be appreciating in value.

Just my opinion.

What do you think?
I think all Tricolores are collectibles.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz and flobrandx
CaliDuc is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

How truly awesome would this be for all of us Tri owners!!!
Thanks from Miami Tricolore
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
996racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Roslyn, NY

Posts: 137
Thanks: 34

I Ride: 1199S Panagale Tricolore, 2011 Triumph 675R, 2008 D16RR
Tri is best looking Pani IMHO. Love owning one, love riding it. If it appreciates, bonus! i think it might, but that is dependent on the ecomony.
Thanks from Gunny Fitz
996racer is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gunny Fitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: NOVA

Posts: 3,279
Thanks: 1540

Makes me so motivated I wanna repost my pro pics all over again! Lol
Gunny Fitz is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,453
Thanks: 2003

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Originally Posted by 996racer View Post
Tri is best looking Pani IMHO. Love owning one, love riding it. If it appreciates, bonus! i think it might, but that is dependent on the ecomony.
maybe in 30 years it will appreciate not anytime soon.
mark419ny is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Nitrouz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 737
Thanks: 659

I Ride: V4S, 1199R, Supersport S
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
maybe in 30 years it will appreciate not anytime soon.
+1. And if it's not ridden often.
Thanks from JeffD
Nitrouz is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, collectable, future, tricolore



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati 1199 Tri-colore Color Codes George Villar Mechanical and Technical 11 Nov 20th 2018 10:19 AM
1199 Tri-Colore wiring diagram enzo121 Mechanical and Technical 16 Apr 16th 2014 04:50 PM
Coversation with Leo Vince Manager about 1199 Exhaust future Prince Albert Mechanical and Technical 7 Oct 31st 2013 01:12 AM
Future of your Panigale 1199 youngR Ducati 1199 50 May 8th 2013 09:13 AM
2013 1199r and 1199 tri-colore update George Villar Ducati 1199 26 Oct 3rd 2012 08:06 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed