Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 03:49 PM   #11

I Ride: Diavel
I think what I am experiencing regarding nimbleness is that the 1199 has less leverage on the bars so the Diavel having long bars gets more input for the lbs that I can apply.

The 1199 does lean from one side to the other very well but the feeling is different. Not sure how to explain it. The 1199 feels like it is very stable and fly's like an arrow. I think the best way to explain it is that the Diavel feels like it has some yaw while the 1199 lays over and then turns. If I turn and look behind me on the 1199 the bike just tracks straight but with the Diavel I would have to be careful of altering my line.

You are right about body position as it does lean in real well with just a slight weight shift. I think the main thing is; this thing just likes to go fast and is not happy putsing.

What I need now is just some miles. I have 10K on the Diavel with 2 track days so I am very accustom to its needs.

Old Dec 27th 2013, 05:52 PM   #12

I Ride: MV Agusta F4
funny how you point out so many negatives that you noticed and then still bought it.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 09:56 PM   #13

I Ride: Diavel
Lets face it. The bike is stunning and hard to resist. It was designed for a given purpose and for that it is one of the best.

I have found most all of the quirks easy to live with since most of my time is spent where this bike performs its best; in the turns. In addition some of the draw backs add character to the bike, has a soul and isn't just another appliance.
Thanks from Duck41

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
impression

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed