Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 24th 2014, 10:41 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
mrflipflops's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Merritt Island. FL

Posts: 6
Thanks: 2

My 1199 Pani on the dyno (shooting flames)

Threw the bike on the dyno and took some video. On the last pass the exhaust was getting pretty toasty, and igniting some unburnt fuel and make for a good show!

Ducati Panigale Dyno - Stock (shooting flames) - YouTube
Thanks from AntiHero and Phl
mrflipflops is offline  
 
Old Jan 24th 2014, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
AntiHero's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Round the World on an 1199

Posts: 2,084
Thanks: 2247

Shit, the left side at 39 seconds becomes a flamethrower.
AntiHero is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:17 PM   #3
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,032
Thanks: 3668

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
that's cool, i wonder why mine didn't trow flames with the open/cored exhaust in stock mapping. good though, because i was holding the O2 probe right into it
Phl is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: New Orleans

Posts: 945
Thanks: 462

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Think he used the rear brake enough ??
Thanks from Phl
NOLA is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bikenamenumber's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: San Diego

Posts: 275
Thanks: 179

I Ride: 2013 1199 ABS
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
that's cool, i wonder why mine didn't trow flames with the open/cored exhaust in stock mapping. good though, because i was holding the O2 probe right into it
Could it be, (I ask because I don't know) that the difference is that you removed the catalytic converter? So the extra fuel was not ignited by the super hot platinum?

Isn't that how it works?

Anyone?
Thanks from Phl
bikenamenumber is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,377
Thanks: 393

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by bikenamenumber View Post
Could it be, (I ask because I don't know) that the difference is that you removed the catalytic converter? So the extra fuel was not ignited by the super hot platinum?

Isn't that how it works?

Anyone?
Most likely because the mixtures were lean because the exhaust was cored.
So less fuel going out the exhaust whilst on fire.

Ideally a less restrictive exhaust requires the engine to be fed more fuel to run correctly.
Brad is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:27 PM   #7
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,032
Thanks: 3668

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, FZR400, GROM
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Most likely because the mixtures were lean because the exhaust was cored.
So less fuel going out the exhaust whilst on fire.

Ideally a less restrictive exhaust requires the engine to be fed more fuel to run correctly.
prolly a combination of both. in stock mapping it showed to be not so rich any more, but far from lean.

with the tuneboy module, it's a completely different world. looking forward to getting my wideband kit for autotune throughout the rpm range.
Phl is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,377
Thanks: 393

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Think he used the rear brake enough ??
Nope.

I'm sure there are people who will attest that one can use the rear more than that.
What you see there in the video is just representative of normal wear and tear.

Any way, after the disc rotor is all blued and cooked and the pads are worn out and down to the backing material, you just get a new one.
If you're lucky it will be covered by warranty.
Brakes are a wear component you know.
Brad is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
AlohaMark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Honolulu

Posts: 244
Thanks: 46

I Ride: 2012 Panigale
Anybody GoPro their exhaust at night to see if this happens on the street?
AlohaMark is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 01:31 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,377
Thanks: 393

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
prolly a combination of both. in stock mapping it showed to be not so rich any more, but far from lean.

with the tuneboy module, it's a completely different world. looking forward to getting my wideband kit for autotune throughout the rpm range.
It should work out quite good.
I would love to see the dyno graph at the end of it all.

I video of your best run would be great too.
Brad is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, dyno, flames, pani, shooting



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1199 dyno numbers clifblake Ducati 1199 2 Aug 8th 2013 12:38 AM
video : Pani R being broken in on dyno. kope999R Ducati 1199 6 Mar 29th 2013 03:14 AM
1199 exhaust flames. eddiegrosu1 Ducati 1199 4 Mar 7th 2013 07:36 AM
1198 v. 1199 Dyno Figures AntiHero Ducati 1199 11 Feb 3rd 2012 05:45 PM
1199 Dyno Run taped No dyno figures though LDucati 1199S Ducati 1199 0 Jan 20th 2012 04:20 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed