Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 14th 2014, 06:33 AM   #11

I Ride: 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by Charliem90 View Post
They have to fund the illegals somehow. Hope V&H jumps ship from that degenerate state just to prove a point.

NOLA

Old Mar 14th 2014, 06:50 AM   #12

Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Absolutely correct
For example.
Here in my state, a "Stationary Noise Test" is measured at a 45 Degree angle from the exhaust outlet at a distance of 1 Meter from the outlet.
The engine is then steadily revved up to half of the rpm where max torque is produced for the engine, then the throttle is released quickly to close it shut in order to achieve a spike in db.
That gives the only measurement the authorities deem to be valid.
Ok but whats their db level? I don't anything on the web by any authority saying you have to have this level at this distance with the meter at this angle.

By the way there is an ass on a blade with the baffles out, poping wheelies up on the top road and know he is going to put the police on a witch hunt for bikers!
Old Mar 14th 2014, 06:55 AM   #13

I Ride: 1199Panigale,V11 Sport Ballibio
That is a rubber stamp agency that can generate revenue any way they want, and don't have to answer to anyone. California's broke and squeezing everyone
that might have money.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 07:46 AM   #14

I Ride: 1199 ABS
Being in the auto industry I have personally met with CARB a few times... and I am not a big fan of them.

Funny side story...

I was on a government committee representing auto industry expertise, so we were in this board room full of retired heads of GM, FORD powertrain etc, experts from universities etc... all very formal in full suits... and this guy from CARB gets up to present to us with long hair and huuuge mutton chop side burns down to his chin... and all anyone could talk about afterwards was how we couldn't focus on the presentation because of how ridiculous this guy looked. Anyway, they presented a bunch of hippie nonsense not based on real engineering and facts, but passed CA laws on it regardless. So I'm not surprised.
Thanks from gigantor
Old Mar 14th 2014, 08:14 AM   #15

I Ride: 1199S ABS
Originally Posted by transdesigner View Post
Being in the auto industry I have personally met with CARB a few times... and I am not a big fan of them.

Funny side story...

I was on a government committee representing auto industry expertise, so we were in this board room full of retired heads of GM, FORD powertrain etc, experts from universities etc... all very formal in full suits... and this guy from CARB gets up to present to us with long hair and huuuge mutton chop side burns down to his chin... and all anyone could talk about afterwards was how we couldn't focus on the presentation because of how ridiculous this guy looked. Anyway, they presented a bunch of hippie nonsense not based on real engineering and facts, but passed CA laws on it regardless. So I'm not surprised.
yep, that's CA for you.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
legal, level, noise

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.