Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 8th 2012, 04:47 PM   #1

I Ride: Tricolore
Couldn't Leave Without Adding Something

I hope I don't have to visit the dealer very often as it seems my bike gets something new each time. I need more self discipline.

DP Windscreen. So far so good. At 6'2" this one is much better than stock. The stock screen had the wind right into my face.

DP Gas Cap. Got this for no reason other than it looks cool.

Old Aug 8th 2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Excellent choices on the Tri, looks great! Careful not to fold the mirrors in all the way or it will scratch the windscreen.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 05:04 PM   #3

Not as tinted as Id like but I had that put on awhile ago too, it does provide a better view of dash also. Like the cap, I went Ducabike. Nice!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 05:39 PM   #4

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
SoonerNation, Nice touches. Some advise from my experiences :

Bubblescreen, make sure you do not fold your mirrors back as they will scratch the bubble screen.

DP Billet fuel Tank cap, you will of no doubt experienced suction when you have previously opened the tank cap. Same thing will happen with the billet fuel tank cap however, after you have turned it (as in near removal) just pause and you will hear air being expelled and then you hear a 'click' at which point you will be able to remove the billet fuel cap.

Trust this helps.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 06:41 PM   #5

Originally Posted by CaliDuc View Post
SoonerNation, Nice touches. Some advise from my experiences :

Bubblescreen, make sure you do not fold your mirrors back as they will scratch the bubble screen.

DP Billet fuel Tank cap, you will of no doubt experienced suction when you have previously opened the tank cap. Same thing will happen with the billet fuel tank cap however, after you have turned it (as in near removal) just pause and you will hear air being expelled and then you hear a 'click' at which point you will be able to remove the billet fuel cap.

Trust this helps.
Thanks for the heads up. I did notice today that trying to fuel up with gloves on is not that easy. Could be the suction you refer to that wouldn't allow the cap to pop up. Mine also has a bunch of lube around the gasket of the cap. Did you leave that on there? I wouldn't want any of it to drop into the tank.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 06:44 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
Not as tinted as Id like but I had that put on awhile ago too, it does provide a better view of dash also. Like the cap, I went Ducabike. Nice!
I usually like the darker tint screens as well but this one should allow for me to continue using my gopro shot through the screen.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 07:59 PM   #7

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Originally Posted by SoonerNation View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I did notice today that trying to fuel up with gloves on is not that easy. Could be the suction you refer to that wouldn't allow the cap to pop up. Mine also has a bunch of lube around the gasket of the cap. Did you leave that on there? I wouldn't want any of it to drop into the tank.
The lube around the DP Billet Fuel Tank Cap is to stop the fuel from eating the rubber O-Ring seal. The instruction suggest to put it on there. I never bother putting lube on the rubber seal ;-)
Old Aug 9th 2012, 06:11 AM   #8

True That

Originally Posted by SoonerNation View Post
I usually like the darker tint screens as well but this one should allow for me to continue using my gopro shot through the screen.

Thinking of getting one of those. Do you just use a suction cup mount on tank and point it thru windscreen? Still trying to find the right stem mount for a GPS unit too. Love to have a set up w GPS, radar, Go Pro to have it all.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 07:16 AM   #9

I Ride: 2008 HD FXCWC, 2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, Next Duc Superbike
For you guys getting suction when opening up the fuel cap. Have you checked the hoses going to the evap can? On the SF we had this and it was the evap hose getting kinked and not allowing the tank to breath. I would not think it is correct for the fuel tank to operate in a vacuum state. Just a thought..
Old Aug 9th 2012, 07:43 AM   #10

I Ride: the road
SoonerNation, you are an absolute tease.

They are my two favourite DP parts, that I've yet to purchase!!!!!!!

Any chance of another pic, showing the tank from a little further back

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
adding, leave