Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree94Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:32 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,377
Thanks: 393

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by 2013RedSabs View Post
and don't forget the secret handshake...
Hey what's this secret handshake business?

I rang my dealer and asked about it, and they said they didn't know of any secret handshakes.
What's the part number for it, and when was it released.

I call bullshit on it.
This is some sort of an April fools joke.

Either that, or you guys are dirty trolls
Thanks from 2013RedSabs
Brad is offline  
 
Old Apr 4th 2014, 04:45 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
zx7md's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: USA

Posts: 153
Thanks: 28

I Ride: Panigale 1199 R
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I was at the dealer today to get the recall done for the left control switch supplementary wiring harness.

After WAF had flagged the possibility of a new update following on from his conversation with a representative from NFI.

I asked the tech whether he'd heard of any new updates.
He said he wasn't sure, so he said he'll connect the bike to DDS and see.

Lo and behold, there's a new update on the computer that's for "fueling" or something to that effect.

It takes a fair while to load (maybe 10-15 minutes)

It does indeed fix the erratic throttle actuation when riding over choppy/rough roads and helps one to ride smoother at any time.
It's especially nice upon setting up for the corner entry, mid corner throttle control and exit.
The bike now wants to work with you, instead of you having to second guess what the bike will do and be pre-emptive with inputs to compensate.

The bike also feels more powerful right through the rev range, and any perceived lack of power in the mid range is greatly reduced

The action of the EBC seems to be improved as well.

I'm not sure, but I think the bike is quite a bit louder and more snarly/throaty.
The tune is definitely different by a long way

This single update, is ground breaking stuff for the 1199
And a big leap forward

If this is a sign of things to come with the racing program.
We are in for some interesting times.

Thanks DUCATI for listening to our prayers

Thanks WAF for the great tip off
Could you please send me your dealer information? Phone number and etc...?
zx7md is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:20 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
If anybody figures out what specifically to ask for and when it was released please post it up. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow and will report back.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:40 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,008
Thanks: 1149

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
If anybody figures out what specifically to ask for and when it was released please post it up. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow and will report back.
If this is real, and not another re-make of the sprocket file episode, when they plug in your bike it will automatically upload the new one.
Thanks from Brad
Trauma is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:41 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
If this is real, and not another re-make of the sprocket file episode, when they plug in your bike it will automatically upload the new one.
I know, but I wanted to be able to specifically ask about this one to make SURE it was plugged in after this one was released since it has been in the shop for a couple weeks. I guess I can ask them to recheck it right before I leave in case they release another magic update while I am in the car heading out there.
Thanks from Trauma
Capt CF is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:43 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,008
Thanks: 1149

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I know, but I wanted to be able to specifically ask about this one to make SURE it was plugged in after this one was released since it has been in the shop for a couple weeks. I guess I can ask them to recheck it right before I leave in case they release another magic update while I am in the car heading out there.
Uh, bike in the trunk? lol
Trauma is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:57 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Capt CF's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Northern Virginia

Posts: 2,118
Thanks: 677

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Uh, bike in the trunk? lol
lol..no, bike at shop. Getting a lift out there to pick it up.
Capt CF is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 06:47 AM   #68
Site Sponsor
 
jarelj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Omaha, NE USA

Posts: 1,889
Thanks: 1808

I Ride: Shopping for a new track bike...
No new up-map that we have received any bulletins about. Sometimes there are minor updates they put out which update the ECU parameters during routine service, and that will come as a download from our DDS when the bike is plugged in, but it doesn't mean they have changed the fuel maps at all. If it was any kind of major fuel map upgrade, such as the 41t sprocket map from last year, we would normally get a service bulletin/TSB on that. The way the DDS works now there's not any kind of "lookup" to see what fuel map is in what bike, it's an automatic function that will update anything in the ECU to the latest version that has been downloaded into our DDS at the time the bike is plugged in. So there's really no point in asking your service department if there is a new map that is available for your bike, we would never know the answer to that question, all we can do is plug your bike in and update the ECU to the latest software, which may or may not contain an updated fuel map. This is a very tightly controlled process done out of Italy, we simply don't know what's coming in those updates, we get them and bikes are updated as part of the routine service process when they come in.
Thanks from bradp51, Gecko, Capt CF and 4 others
jarelj is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 06:57 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
mark419ny's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: South Florida

Posts: 5,113
Thanks: 1869

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
No new up-map that we have received any bulletins about. Sometimes there are minor updates they put out which update the ECU parameters during routine service, and that will come as a download from our DDS when the bike is plugged in, but it doesn't mean they have changed the fuel maps at all. If it was any kind of major fuel map upgrade, such as the 41t sprocket map from last year, we would normally get a service bulletin/TSB on that. The way the DDS works now there's not any kind of "lookup" to see what fuel map is in what bike, it's an automatic function that will update anything in the ECU to the latest version that has been downloaded into our DDS at the time the bike is plugged in. So there's really no point in asking your service department if there is a new map that is available for your bike, we would never know the answer to that question, all we can do is plug your bike in and update the ECU to the latest software, which may or may not contain an updated fuel map. This is a very tightly controlled process done out of Italy, we simply don't know what's coming in those updates, we get them and bikes are updated as part of the routine service process when they come in.
the man has spoken no new upmaps. i will take my bike in anyway to make sure i am up to date
mark419ny is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2014, 08:15 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,008
Thanks: 1149

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
the man has spoken no new upmaps. i will take my bike in anyway to make sure i am up to date
Don't! I heard that BMW has hired some Nigerian's to create a virus! It causes your bike to run with one headlight and sound like a 4 banger.
Thanks from mark419ny, acowsik and Desmobill
Trauma is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
software, update



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software Updates Xbox Mechanical and Technical 9 Jul 1st 2015 07:56 PM
q3 update mark419ny Mechanical and Technical 4 Sep 17th 2013 01:37 PM
Software Updates carldickson Ducati 1199 9 May 20th 2012 03:09 PM
Missing DDA and Software w /Tricolore BATMAN Ducati 1199 1 May 6th 2012 10:24 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed