Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree94Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:32 AM   #61

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
Originally Posted by 2013RedSabs View Post
and don't forget the secret handshake...
Hey what's this secret handshake business?

I rang my dealer and asked about it, and they said they didn't know of any secret handshakes.
What's the part number for it, and when was it released.

I call bullshit on it.
This is some sort of an April fools joke.

Either that, or you guys are dirty trolls
Thanks from 2013RedSabs

Old Apr 4th 2014, 04:45 AM   #62

I Ride: Panigale 1199 R
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I was at the dealer today to get the recall done for the left control switch supplementary wiring harness.

After WAF had flagged the possibility of a new update following on from his conversation with a representative from NFI.

I asked the tech whether he'd heard of any new updates.
He said he wasn't sure, so he said he'll connect the bike to DDS and see.

Lo and behold, there's a new update on the computer that's for "fueling" or something to that effect.

It takes a fair while to load (maybe 10-15 minutes)

It does indeed fix the erratic throttle actuation when riding over choppy/rough roads and helps one to ride smoother at any time.
It's especially nice upon setting up for the corner entry, mid corner throttle control and exit.
The bike now wants to work with you, instead of you having to second guess what the bike will do and be pre-emptive with inputs to compensate.

The bike also feels more powerful right through the rev range, and any perceived lack of power in the mid range is greatly reduced

The action of the EBC seems to be improved as well.

I'm not sure, but I think the bike is quite a bit louder and more snarly/throaty.
The tune is definitely different by a long way

This single update, is ground breaking stuff for the 1199
And a big leap forward

If this is a sign of things to come with the racing program.
We are in for some interesting times.

Thanks DUCATI for listening to our prayers

Thanks WAF for the great tip off
Could you please send me your dealer information? Phone number and etc...?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:20 AM   #63

I Ride: BMW F700GS, KTM 690 Enduro R
If anybody figures out what specifically to ask for and when it was released please post it up. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow and will report back.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:40 AM   #64

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
If anybody figures out what specifically to ask for and when it was released please post it up. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow and will report back.
If this is real, and not another re-make of the sprocket file episode, when they plug in your bike it will automatically upload the new one.
Thanks from Brad
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:41 AM   #65

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
If this is real, and not another re-make of the sprocket file episode, when they plug in your bike it will automatically upload the new one.
I know, but I wanted to be able to specifically ask about this one to make SURE it was plugged in after this one was released since it has been in the shop for a couple weeks. I guess I can ask them to recheck it right before I leave in case they release another magic update while I am in the car heading out there.
Thanks from Trauma
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:43 AM   #66

Originally Posted by Capt CF View Post
I know, but I wanted to be able to specifically ask about this one to make SURE it was plugged in after this one was released since it has been in the shop for a couple weeks. I guess I can ask them to recheck it right before I leave in case they release another magic update while I am in the car heading out there.
Uh, bike in the trunk? lol
Old Apr 4th 2014, 05:57 AM   #67

Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Uh, bike in the trunk? lol
lol..no, bike at shop. Getting a lift out there to pick it up.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 06:47 AM   #68
Site Sponsor

I Ride: Shopping for a new track bike...
No new up-map that we have received any bulletins about. Sometimes there are minor updates they put out which update the ECU parameters during routine service, and that will come as a download from our DDS when the bike is plugged in, but it doesn't mean they have changed the fuel maps at all. If it was any kind of major fuel map upgrade, such as the 41t sprocket map from last year, we would normally get a service bulletin/TSB on that. The way the DDS works now there's not any kind of "lookup" to see what fuel map is in what bike, it's an automatic function that will update anything in the ECU to the latest version that has been downloaded into our DDS at the time the bike is plugged in. So there's really no point in asking your service department if there is a new map that is available for your bike, we would never know the answer to that question, all we can do is plug your bike in and update the ECU to the latest software, which may or may not contain an updated fuel map. This is a very tightly controlled process done out of Italy, we simply don't know what's coming in those updates, we get them and bikes are updated as part of the routine service process when they come in.
Thanks from bradp51, Gecko, Capt CF and 4 others
Old Apr 4th 2014, 06:57 AM   #69

I Ride: 2012 1199s 2014 HP4 2007 zx6r (track)
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
No new up-map that we have received any bulletins about. Sometimes there are minor updates they put out which update the ECU parameters during routine service, and that will come as a download from our DDS when the bike is plugged in, but it doesn't mean they have changed the fuel maps at all. If it was any kind of major fuel map upgrade, such as the 41t sprocket map from last year, we would normally get a service bulletin/TSB on that. The way the DDS works now there's not any kind of "lookup" to see what fuel map is in what bike, it's an automatic function that will update anything in the ECU to the latest version that has been downloaded into our DDS at the time the bike is plugged in. So there's really no point in asking your service department if there is a new map that is available for your bike, we would never know the answer to that question, all we can do is plug your bike in and update the ECU to the latest software, which may or may not contain an updated fuel map. This is a very tightly controlled process done out of Italy, we simply don't know what's coming in those updates, we get them and bikes are updated as part of the routine service process when they come in.
the man has spoken no new upmaps. i will take my bike in anyway to make sure i am up to date
Old Apr 4th 2014, 08:15 AM   #70

Originally Posted by mark419ny View Post
the man has spoken no new upmaps. i will take my bike in anyway to make sure i am up to date
Don't! I heard that BMW has hired some Nigerian's to create a virus! It causes your bike to run with one headlight and sound like a 4 banger.
Thanks from mark419ny, acowsik and Desmobill

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
software, update

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.