Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 10th 2012, 07:42 AM   #1

Talking This latest recall is a cunning plan

So I booked my bike in to be screwed together properly again

And the dealer tells me that to fit the new cable heat shield the exhausts need to be removed, mine is on standard cans, so can I bring myself to put the standard cans back on again, its got to be termi time, hasn't it?

Very cunning indeed !

Are they worth it?

Old Aug 10th 2012, 09:26 AM   #2

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S
I'm going to wait and see what Akrapovic has to offer us in November. I talked to their rep at the Laguna Seca GP and he said they'll be offering a full system or slip-ons made from different materials. He wouldn't elaborate on what materials, carbon fiber, titanium, stainless steel or ? but it should be a well designed, beautiful system. They always are.

In regards to your recall, I haven't heard anything from my dealer or Ducati concerning this. Only here on the forum. Do you know if all the Panigale's are being recalled?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:57 AM   #3

I Ride: 1199 Panigale - Non ABS
Great, so I've already unhooked the cable and cut the brake res bolt down and dont have an ohlins dampener but I guess I'll still have to get the recall (no letter yet though)

Don't see why they have to remove the exhaust as I can move the cable without doing that.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 02:24 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Daveiggy View Post

Don't see why they have to remove the exhaust as I can move the cable without doing that.
To remove the old plastic heat shield and fit the new metal one, they had a bike in the workshop and showed me, don't see how you can change it without removing cans.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 08:17 PM   #5

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
To remove the old plastic heat shield and fit the new metal one
Gotta love the Italian optimism - a plastic heat shield
Old Aug 12th 2012, 02:13 AM   #6

Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
So I booked my bike in to be screwed together properly again

And the dealer tells me that to fit the new cable heat shield the exhausts need to be removed, mine is on standard cans, so can I bring myself to put the standard cans back on again, its got to be termi time, hasn't it?

Very cunning indeed !

Are they worth it?
Yes! And the full system... Don't car what the graphs say on the dyno... Each bike is different but it's not a Ducati unless it's got one!

Yes may be quiter but it's such a better sound! Much deeper than standard, it's a no brainer, look better than any proto types so far too...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
cunning, latest, plan, recall