Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By kope999R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6th 2014, 11:43 AM   #1

I Ride: Sold ZX 14, Sold R1, Sold ZX 9, Sold 1199s w/abs-termi, Ride - 1199 R and Diavel w/termi
Superstock ECU (SSTK) for the 1199 Panigale

I have my Panigale R in the shop awaiting to get the bike back from a tune. A full Akra system and MWR filter was installed. I am just awaiting on the Tuneboy tune to be completed by the shop. Their has been some delays due to the downloading of the Tuneboy files to the bike.

Because of the delay and the limited resources in this area for tuning the Pani, would it be best to just upgrade the ECU to the SSTK vs waiting for the Tuneboy files to be downloaded to current ECU and tuned? What is the difference between changing out to a SSTK ECU vs using a Tuneboy system? Is the SSTK ECU proven files that actually provide the best performance for the Pani based on the aftermarket parts? What would be some of the considering factors a person would need to consider when changing out to a SSTK ECU?

I am a street rider that may hit the track about 6-8 times a year. I ride with many different riders with different bike (HP4, 1000rr, F4, ZX10, and Ape). I was hoping some of the members that understands the difference can share their insight and provide direction.

Last edited by thudson; May 6th 2014 at 12:14 PM.

Old May 6th 2014, 12:18 PM   #2

I Ride: Sold ZX 14, Sold R1, Sold ZX 9, Sold 1199s w/abs-termi, Ride - 1199 R and Diavel w/termi
Originally Posted by thudson View Post
I have my Panigale R in the shop awaiting to get the bike back from a tune. A full Akra system and MWR filter was installed. I am just awaiting on the Tuneboy tune to be completed by the shop. Their has been some delays due to the downloading of the Tuneboy files to the bike.

Because of the delay and the limited resources in this area for tuning the Pani, would it be best to just upgrade the ECU to the SSTK vs waiting for the Tuneboy files to be downloaded to current ECU and tuned? What is the difference between changing out to a SSTK ECU vs using a Tuneboy system? Is the SSTK ECU proven files that actually provide the best performance for the Pani based on the aftermarket parts? What would be some of the considering factors a person would need to consider when changing out to a SSTK ECU?

I am a street rider that may hit the track about 6-8 times a year. I ride with many different riders with different bike (HP4, 1000rr, F4, ZX10, and Ape). I was hoping some of the members that understands the difference can share their insight and provide direction.

Kämna Superstock ECU (SSTK) for the 1199 Panigale DUCATI und APRILIA-Tuning

I ran across the link above which is the reason for my questions...
Old May 6th 2014, 12:21 PM   #3

Troy,

The Superstock ECU map I guess is part of the superstock manifold kit which is a "track only" full exhaust system which has a longer header pipe and removes the radiator fans completely.

If you are primarily riding on street with few track days in between, its better to get the bike tuned up with the Akras which may need a different mapping for the best results.

This is just my take though and others who know better can chime in..
Old May 6th 2014, 01:03 PM   #4

Originally Posted by acowsik View Post
Troy,

The Superstock ECU map I guess is part of the superstock manifold kit which is a "track only" full exhaust system which has a longer header pipe and removes the radiator fans completely.

If you are primarily riding on street with few track days in between, its better to get the bike tuned up with the Akras which may need a different mapping for the best results.

This is just my take though and others who know better can chime in..
Thanks Acowsik!

I was not sure if the Superstock ECU was used just with the "track only" manifold kit.. I understand the radiator fan needs to be removed as well if the manifold kit is used..

I wanted clarification since the website states the Superstock ECU will be customized to the exhaust and filter used for the individual bike. This led me to the question.... If the Superstock ECU can be flashed using different exhausts and filters, could it still be available to use with the Akra and filters while keeping the fan for both Street and Track?
Old May 7th 2014, 02:28 PM   #5

the SSTK is part of the Superstock RACE setup from Corse. It includes the DASH, Loom and DTC data unit and the DDA+ sensor kit ( suspension + lambda) ... SSTK allows to program your mapping on the go , DTC, EBC through specific Corse software. this is not plug and play as all bits must be linked.. once that is done, then it is plug and play...

an upmap is linked to a pipe system.. not to an ecu...

you can map any exhaust on the ECU... if you know what you're doing... and mapping a Panigale is very complex... it takes 3 diff maps to be mapped...
Thanks from thudson
Old May 7th 2014, 03:33 PM   #6

Originally Posted by kope999R View Post
the SSTK is part of the Superstock RACE setup from Corse. It includes the DASH, Loom and DTC data unit and the DDA+ sensor kit ( suspension + lambda) ... SSTK allows to program your mapping on the go , DTC, EBC through specific Corse software. this is not plug and play as all bits must be linked.. once that is done, then it is plug and play...

an upmap is linked to a pipe system.. not to an ecu...

you can map any exhaust on the ECU... if you know what you're doing... and mapping a Panigale is very complex... it takes 3 diff maps to be mapped...

Thank you for the information Kope999R.

I was not aware of the specific time invested to fit and all the details of switching out the factory ECU to SSTK ECU. There are not many dealers or shops in Mpls that have experience tuning the Pani in this area.. I was attempting to think of a quick fix to get the R tuned properly by going around the Tuneboy or other aftermarket tuning system. Our local dealer has been having issues for the past 4-5 weeks attempting to down load the tuneboy. On a positive note, I received a phone call today and they are a little more optimistic that it will be completed by Saturday..

I need to have more patience. There is only a limited amount of months to ride in Mn which makes it tough.. I need to learn from you after seeing all the time and testing you did with your bike!!

Thanks again!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199, ecu, panigale, sstk, superstock

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.