Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree19Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th 2014, 09:59 PM   #1

I Ride: '14 1199S '16 675R
Ducati DDA+

DDA+ might be the coolest thing I've purchased for my Panigale. I haven't had it on the track yet so I'm just playing around with it turned on while riding on the street.

Can't wait to get it on to CotA in September. Being able to break your riding down at this level is huge.

Anyway, the main thing I think it's missing is an accelerometer. That way you could tell how hard you were accelerating, braking, or cornering at various points in a run. I guess you might be able to derive that information using the increase/decrease in speed/time for acceleration/braking but that wouldn't help with cornering.

Has anyone found out anything about DDA killing batteries? My setup appears to be turning itself off when the key is turned off and despite being plugged in overnight, and all day, did not appear to be draining my battery. Is that a non-issue now? Can I just leave the data logger plugged in until I happen to want to pull data from it?

Last edited by BTrain5489; May 20th 2014 at 10:04 PM.

Old May 20th 2014, 11:21 PM   #2

Yes I heard about DDA killing batteries, you need to turn it off, apparently.

With GPS data, most analyser can derive accel/decel from the coordinates.

Good purchase, GPS logger including DDA definitely helps finding out more about your riding. The first time I analysed my riding, I discovered hat me braking later didn't make me faster; instead it made me brake harder, ending up in overbraking and going into the corner too slow, resulting in apexing too early thus going wide on the exit and couldn't accelerate sooner. Fixing at cut about 2-3 seconds instantly.
Next thing you want is a good video camera and overlay software
Old May 21st 2014, 12:40 AM   #3

I Ride: the road
Not sure if the battery drain when USB is left installed has been fixed.

Also, need to consider how a fix could/would be implemented - i.e. software, or hardware?
Old May 21st 2014, 12:45 AM   #4

I Ride: 1199S PRO Superbike, CBR1000RR PRO Superbike, Kawasaki KXf250, Baotian classic, Yamaha PW50.
Originally Posted by Marmoot View Post
Yes I heard about DDA killing batteries, you need to turn it off, apparently.

With GPS data, most analyser can derive accel/decel from the coordinates.

Good purchase, GPS logger including DDA definitely helps finding out more about your riding. The first time I analysed my riding, I discovered hat me braking later didn't make me faster; instead it made me brake harder, ending up in overbraking and going into the corner too slow, resulting in apexing too early thus going wide on the exit and couldn't accelerate sooner. Fixing at cut about 2-3 seconds instantly.
Next thing you want is a good video camera and overlay software
Ducati 1199S - Pukekohe 29/03/2014 - YouTube
What software are you using for overlay?

Last edited by Macke; May 21st 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old May 21st 2014, 01:01 AM   #5

I Ride: 2012 1199 Base/ABS
The overlay looks like Dashware. I have used it with my Contour +2 and it works well.

DashWare - Telemetry Data Overlay on Your Videos
Old May 21st 2014, 01:12 AM   #6

I Ride: 1199S PRO Superbike, CBR1000RR PRO Superbike, Kawasaki KXf250, Baotian classic, Yamaha PW50.
Looked at the demo for dashware, and was wondering... Are you able to add additional channels to the video? Or is it ju the default ones like speed, tach, G-force, and the track map?

Would like to add things like TPS, Brake preassure, lean angle, gear, etc...
Old May 21st 2014, 01:17 AM   #7

Ducati DDA+

Yup, Dashware.
Yeah, you can create your own gadgets.
And you can use some of the provided gadgets but change the input channel to something that is is not, and edit the labels.
You just need to figure out how to log the data. DDA+ obviously logs some (rpm, throttle, tcs, etc). Not sure how to export the DDA data though.
I am currently trying to create arduino-based suspension travel logger. It would be useful to see any compression/rebound/preload issue.
Old May 21st 2014, 01:27 AM   #8

We have the AIM EVO4 complete logger, so we log about 15 or 16 different channels I belieave. So, that's no problem. And we can export all the data to a .csv file that Dashware can read... So it should work then...
Old May 21st 2014, 01:33 AM   #9

I Ride: 1199 Panigale, Panigale R, 998, Norton 650SS, Norton Manx, KTM 350 exc-f
You need to take out the USB Stick. Otherwise your battery is drained in a week, if you don't ride your bike.
Thanks from Claymore, kope999R and BTrain5489
Old May 21st 2014, 02:55 AM   #10

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
My battery always drained and nobody could help me, including my dealership (closed down by Porsche SA's underhand deal with Ducati Italy to close down all the other independent dealers in South Africa) until I discovered I had to unplug the USB stick. Her battery is now just fine.
I have a really small Shorai battery installed (weights more than 2 kgs less than the oem) and it functions perfectly all the time.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
dda, ducati

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed