Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25th 2014, 07:23 AM   #1
Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 39
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2013 1199s
Bike Settings?

What are your EBC, DTC, Electronic suspension at for Street canyon riding at?
THX
Dr Weiss60 is offline  
 
Old May 25th 2014, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tcelano's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Oregon

Posts: 230
Thanks: 135

I Ride: 1199R, 1199SL, 1299S, 899 Racebike
I made my "WET" settings my street settings, and I use DTC 4, ABS 3, and stock suspension settings. I always use EBC 3, as I've always found the bike too tail happy under braking with any more engine braking.

My Sport and Race settings are track settings, with DTC 2 and 1 respectively (with slicks). I keep ABS 2 for Sport and ABS 1 for Race. ABS 1 takes away your rear ABS. Much of the time I prefer to have the rear ABS because when I overcook things, it will save your butt. At some skill level above mine, you could hang the rear out reliably under braking, but for regular people, better off keeping it on. For suspension settings, I was getting bad tire wear with the stock settings. Firming up the rear to 5 Compression and 7 rebound made things better with less tire wear and more grip.
Thanks from Dr Weiss60
tcelano is offline  
Old May 25th 2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Brisbane, Australia

Posts: 1,377
Thanks: 393

I Ride: Ducati 2010 SFS, Ducati 2012 1199 S
EBC set to off.
I now run with the engine power mode set to 195 HI.
I've recently settled on the above settings in order to improve the smoothness of the bike.

DTC set to 3.
Or what ever is the least intrusive for you.
I would recommend just keep moving the DTC up another level from the default settings until you get to where you are happy with it, as you get more comfortable with how hard you want to push it on your roads.

Suspension settings in sport mode are the same as default wet settings(we have rough patchy roads).
Thanks from Dr Weiss60
Brad is offline  
Old May 25th 2014, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Cloner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Albuquerque, NM

Posts: 495
Thanks: 197

I Ride: '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale, '04 KTM 450 EXC, '67 Aermacchi/HD 250/CRTT, '64 Ducati 250, '08 Ninja 250
I only use one set of settings.

Power: 195 Hi
ABS: 4
DTC: 3
EBC: 3

I won't post suspension settings because you are not me, so they're irrelevant.
Thanks from Dr Weiss60
Cloner is offline  
Old May 25th 2014, 05:26 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Charliem90's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Lawrenceville, GA

Posts: 1,069
Thanks: 568

I Ride: 1199 Panigale/Triumph Speed Triple R
Mode: Sport 195Lo
DTC: 4
EBC: 3
ABS: (There isn't any. We don't need no stinkin' ABS )
Charliem90 is offline  
Old May 26th 2014, 06:21 AM   #6
Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 39
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2013 1199s
Smile

Originally Posted by Cloner View Post
I only use one set of settings.

Power: 195 Hi
ABS: 4
DTC: 3
EBC: 3

I won't post suspension settings because you are not me, so they're irrelevant.
Thanks, going out today. I will play around with these.
Dr Weiss60 is offline  
Old May 26th 2014, 06:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Prince Albert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,075
Thanks: 1422

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
Turn the EBC off, it's way smoother on the throttle release
Prince Albert is offline  
Old May 26th 2014, 10:26 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tcelano's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Oregon

Posts: 230
Thanks: 135

I Ride: 1199R, 1199SL, 1299S, 899 Racebike
Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
Turn the EBC off, it's way smoother on the throttle release
Never thought to try that. Always assumed it would have gobs of engine braking with no intervention and the 1200 cc's dragging.
tcelano is offline  
Old May 26th 2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Prince Albert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,075
Thanks: 1422

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
Originally Posted by tcelano View Post
Never thought to try that. Always assumed it would have gobs of engine braking with no intervention and the 1200 cc's dragging.
Read this thread, I tried it out last weekend(EBC set to 'OFF') and it was night and day difference to me ..
http://ducati1199.com/mechanical-tec...ulation-3.html
Prince Albert is offline  
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 03:50 PM   #10
Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 39
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2013 1199s
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
EBC set to off.
I now run with the engine power mode set to 195 HI.
I've recently settled on the above settings in order to improve the smoothness of the bike.

DTC set to 3.
Or what ever is the least intrusive for you.
I would recommend just keep moving the DTC up another level from the default settings until you get to where you are happy with it, as you get more comfortable with how hard you want to push it on your roads.

Suspension settings in sport mode are the same as default wet settings(we have rough patchy roads).
Did EBC off and 195 Hi work for you? I have the same problem.
Dr Weiss60 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bike, settings



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torque settings nm duc077 Ducati 1199 2 Sep 23rd 2013 03:16 AM
1199 R settings? Sonnythebull Ducati 1199 1 Aug 31st 2013 04:39 AM
Suspension settings craigslistbuyermn Ducati 1199 0 Jul 26th 2013 10:43 AM
GoPro Settings SoonerNation Motorcycle Talk 29 Jun 21st 2012 01:46 PM
Help with changing settings! WAfatboy Ducati 1199 7 May 29th 2012 11:53 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed