Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree57Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 21st 2014, 06:23 AM   #41

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by zilverz View Post
Yes it does. I paid about 1K shipping from italy which cost less than DP and looks better IMO and performs very well.
Any pics and website where you got them?

Old Aug 21st 2014, 06:41 AM   #42

I Ride: 1199R
Originally Posted by OCDMoto View Post
First post here, so this is important ;-) I may not be 7' tall like the OP but I'm 6-2 and 50yrs old... and the knees aren't what they used to be. Bike is a '14 1199R. I want more leg room, less wrist strain and though my hope is to one day be a knee dragger, I'm a dirt rider and at my age, I doubt I can get that low. I can't even spread my inside thigh enough to get the knee out like I need to. So for now, while I'm working on technique, I want to get more comfortable so I can stay focused. Does that mean I want rearsets moved back and down or ??? What other mods would you recommend. Thanks for the help.
OCD Moto:

I'm 58 and 5' 10" so I might be in a position to say something relevant--at least on the creaky knees angle. ;-)

First, as already noted, you need to get comfortable on the bike. Mostly that means lots of riding-especially track time if possible--with good feedback from someone who really knows what they are doing on your body position.

As far as changes to the bike:

1) First just replace the stock footpegs with LSLs or something else equally grippy--this is the easiest, cheapest and best mod you can make.

2) Consider a DP comfort seat. It has the advantage of being a bit higher than the other seats and I've never had any difficulty moving around on the bike at the track with it--and I've got at least 2500 miles on my R at the track. Note--some people hate the DP comfort seat--the stock 899 seat is another popular switch.

Iv'e had my R for 14 months and while I admit I'm considering the Lightech R rearsets I don't think they get you a lot more leg room--most of the rearsets are going to let you go higher and further back--but at 6'2" it might be worth a try.

Steve
Old Aug 21st 2014, 07:17 AM   #43

I Ride: Diavel
Lightech are an improvement in function. Lowest setting is same as standard. Pegs are foldable, shorter & very grippy. I have knee problems and find that they work very well but no better than stock for room. I did a lot of research before purchase and the only one that may allow some extra room was Woodcraft.
Thanks from Phl and showerfan
Old Aug 21st 2014, 07:28 AM   #44

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Ducati Performance make the most expensive and highest quality rear sets for the 1199.

Ducati Performance are the bench mark.

I have DP or Ducati Corse rear sets on all my bikes - worth it.

You get what you pay for.
Thanks from leftcoast32
Old Aug 21st 2014, 08:25 AM   #45

Originally Posted by roadster View Post
OCD Moto:

I'm 58 and 5' 10" so I might be in a position to say something relevant--at least on the creaky knees angle. ;-)

First, as already noted, you need to get comfortable on the bike. Mostly that means lots of riding-especially track time if possible--with good feedback from someone who really knows what they are doing on your body position.

As far as changes to the bike:

1) First just replace the stock footpegs with LSLs or something else equally grippy--this is the easiest, cheapest and best mod you can make.

2) Consider a DP comfort seat. It has the advantage of being a bit higher than the other seats and I've never had any difficulty moving around on the bike at the track with it--and I've got at least 2500 miles on my R at the track. Note--some people hate the DP comfort seat--the stock 899 seat is another popular switch.

Iv'e had my R for 14 months and while I admit I'm considering the Lightech R rearsets I don't think they get you a lot more leg room--most of the rearsets are going to let you go higher and further back--but at 6'2" it might be worth a try.

Steve
Thanks for the input, Steve. I intend on doing plenty of training at the track even if not on this particular bike. I come from a car racing and dirt bike background and I've learned not to jump into mods without understanding what's needed to actually make me faster. Beyond reliability and power mods, I usually find machine/body interface improvements most beneficial. So these crazy little machines with their full-on body/machine interactions are very exciting to explore.

I have to admit that the more I ride this thing the more comfortable I get. Last time I rode it actually had me saying to myself ,"This thing is pretty comfortable!". So maybe rearsets aren't needed at this time. I do feel that the oem pegs are low on traction especially as I try to acheive Keith Code's advise to weight the outside peg. So I'll put some grippy pegs on asap.

Re the seat, I've never felt a need to change the seat on this bike. Would that be beneficial for decreasing my knee bend or just softer for my derrier? Personally, I find the OEM one very comfortable, but I typically like my racing machines/body interface as hard (direct) as possible. It's really just these darned knees I'm trying to give a little respect.

On another subject - is there a thread here about initial track setup recommendations for these bikes? - good suspension starting points, tire pressures, sliders, etc? Basic stuff for day -1. The rest I'll figure out as I improve. I've got a Keith Code novice class lined up for October at Streets of Willow and I want to take this bike (unless you think it's wiser to rent their BMWs).
Old Aug 21st 2014, 08:34 AM   #46

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
I got these terribly expensive cnc footpegs off eBay and love it.

Black CNC M Pro Front Foot Pegs Ducati 1199 Panigale s R ABS 2012 2013 | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
RearSet Opinions?-left-rear-set.jpg   RearSet Opinions?-right-footpeg.jpg  
Thanks from outhouse

Last edited by Claymore; Aug 21st 2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 11:03 PM   #47

I Ride: 1199S PRO Superbike, CBR1000RR PRO Superbike, Kawasaki KXf250, Baotian classic, Yamaha PW50.
We have lightech on our bike, which I am having a lot of trouble getting along with. I find it almost impossible to achieve a suitable position on them no matter how much we try. They have a built in flaw which is that the gear lever comes out from the back side of the rear set mounting plate, them goes under the plate, and out. This means that it's impossible to move the gear lever above a certain point, because then it starts hitting the underside of the mounting plate when downshifting. This means that I have to compromise when finding a foot peg position...

We are going to change these a.s.a.p
Thanks from showerfan
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 05:05 AM   #48

I Ride: 2014 1199S
I love the Ducabike versions, but the Heim joints and whole item needs to be lubricated quite regularly or the shifting suffers but otherwise I think good choice.

EDIT:

The bolt holding the shifter arm broke on me today. Less than 4 months on the bike. Left me stranded in 4th gear as well.

The comments from Anti on these are spot-on. I don't think I can trust them any longer. I have contacted Bellisimotto. com where I bought them to see if a new bolt can be sourced.

Will look into CNC racing or Woodcraft I guess.

Last edited by JHTmcrider; Aug 24th 2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 06:31 AM   #49

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by youngR View Post
Can it do GP shift?
yes
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 06:53 PM   #50

I Ride: 2013 Panigale 1199 S ABS
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
I got these terribly expensive cnc footpegs off eBay and love it.

Black CNC M Pro Front Foot Pegs Ducati 1199 Panigale s R ABS 2012 2013 | eBay
You got more parts on that bike,, more than any one I know,, shipping must be killing you,..

Old photo? I see the werks under the rear set..

I would take your advise, I only had the DP rear set and still paying the mortgage they came with...

I use the GP shift and also notice the pegs are higher I get a work out lifting my leg every time..

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
opinions, rearset, rearsets

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.