Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree158Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 24th 2014, 09:09 AM   #61

I Ride: 1199s
Gecko - really nice project! I would definitely be interested in this solution as well. Currently riding without any indicators on the front, but as you know, Switzerland isn't the place to get caught doing this

I have kellerman's on the rear, nice and bright - sure it works perfect with the rizoma as well.

Cheers
Colin

Old Jul 24th 2014, 09:26 AM   #62

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Dear fellows

I checked different possibilities for production.

1st: The kit would fit on Panigales with LED headlight (45mm heat sink), i.e. Panigale 1199 S, Panigale 1199 R, Panigale Tricolore, Panigale Superleggera. I will go to a dealer this weekend and check on the bikes physically.

2nd: The kit would contain 6 CNC billet aluminium parts, black anodized and 6 superlight Ti Screws. Turn signal indicators and adaptor cables not included. It's the mechanical parts you need for installing the indicators on your bike, no modifications to OEM parts required. IMHO it's a unique and luxury solution.

3rd: I found a high end production company in germany that would do this mini job (I asked for 10 kits), but it would take 8 weeks (I guess in the end it'll be 2 month).

4th: Total cost for me would be 200 USD per kit. For shipment to Switzerland I would have to pay VAT and customs. In my expierience it will cost me approx. 230 USD per kit. So you would have to pay 230 USD plus shipping and packaging. I would have to pay 2000 USD in advance to the production company. Production in Switzerland is too expensive
I would order all kits with Ti Grade 5 screws: you'll never have a chance to get this screws again that cheap (CNC milled and turned, rolled threads)

What do you think? Shall I proceed? I would need to know who's definitely in!

1 x cwilkie
1 x wallst1199
1 x BigBoost
1 x Italianonegro
1 x mito gp
1 x BadBoyBeltran
1 x RD16RR
1 x Sloopy

I would start next to do all the technical drawings for machine programming.
Again: I'll do this in my free time, this is not a comercial project.
Thanks from BigBoost

Last edited by Gecko; Jul 24th 2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 09:38 AM   #63

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Originally Posted by cwilkie View Post
Gecko - really nice project! I would definitely be interested in this solution as well. Currently riding without any indicators on the front, but as you know, Switzerland isn't the place to get caught doing this

I have kellerman's on the rear, nice and bright - sure it works perfect with the rizoma as well.

Cheers
Colin
Hey Colin

I've mounted my front signals already this way before I took the bike to the road traffic licensing department (Strassenverkehrsamt Zürich). I had to do this because the Tricolore's color changed to Carbon

They thought the mounting is OEM
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jul 24th 2014, 09:39 AM   #64

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Dear fellows

1st: The kit would fit on Panigales with LED headlight (45mm heat sink), i.e. Panigale 1199 S, Panigale 1199 R, Panigale Tricolore, Panigale Superleggera. I will go to a dealer this weekend and check on the bikes physically.

2nd: The kit would contain 6 CNC billet aluminium parts, black anodized and 6 superlight Ti Screws. Turn signal indicators and adaptor cables not included. It's the mechanical parts you need for installing the indicators on your bike, no modifications to OEM parts required. IMHO it's a unique and luxury solution.

3rd: I found a high end production company in germany that would do this mini job (I asked for 10 kits), but it would take 8 weeks (I guess in the end it'll be 2 month).

4th: Total cost for me would be 200 USD per kit. For shipment to Switzerland I would have to pay VAT and customs. In my expierience it will me approx. 230 USD. So you would have to pay 230 USD plus shipping and packaging. I would have to pay 2000 USD in advance to the production company. Production in Switzerland is too expensive :-(
I would order all kits with Ti screws: you'll never have a chance to get this screws again that cheap (CNC milled, rolled threads)

1 x cwilkie
1 x wallst1199
1 x BigBoost
1 x Italianonegro
1 x mito gp
1 x BadBoyBeltran
2 x RD16RR (or 1 x depending on the future)
1 x Sloopy

-- i will take 1
Old Jul 24th 2014, 02:04 PM   #65

I Ride: 1199s
Hey Colin

I've mounted my front signals already this way before I took the bike to the road traffic licensing department (Strassenverkehrsamt Zürich). I had to do this because the Tricolore's color changed to Carbon

They thought the mounting is OEM
Haha, nice! Well that is as good a test as I need - I am definitely in
Old Jul 24th 2014, 05:29 PM   #66

I Ride: Lots
Dear fellows

4th: Total cost for me would be 200 USD per kit. For shipment to Switzerland I would have to pay VAT and customs. In my expierience it will cost me approx. 230 USD per kit. So you would have to pay 230 USD plus shipping and packaging. I would have to pay 2000 USD in advance to the production company. Production in Switzerland is too expensive
I would order all kits with Ti Grade 5 screws: you'll never have a chance to get this screws again that cheap (CNC milled and turned, rolled threads)

1 x cwilkie
1 x wallst1199
1 x BigBoost
1 x Italianonegro
1 x mito gp
1 x BadBoyBeltran
1 x RD16RR
1 x Sloopy

I'm in.... Realistically when would we get these. I am not trying to pressure you, but I just want to set a realistic time frame, as I am adding a bunch of stuff to my SL & I want to do it all at once.

Thanks again for all your assistance.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:28 AM   #67

Would you include the link to the actual blinkers (rizoma?) that you use? I have a knack of ordering things that do not fit, whether it is my fault or the sellers...
Old Jul 25th 2014, 12:42 AM   #68

Originally Posted by BadBoyBeltran View Post
Would you include the link to the actual blinkers (rizoma?) that you use? I have a knack of ordering things that do not fit, whether it is my fault or the sellers...
I used the Graffio on Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories
and the front cable kit on Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories
EE073H with Ducati Panigale – Cable kit for FRONT indicator lights only.
Thanks from wachuko
Old Jul 25th 2014, 10:25 PM   #69

So far 3 of you committed for a kit (RD16RR, cwilkie, BigBoost).
Unfortunately, this is not enough to let start a production. Therefore, I wont put anymore time and energy into this topic, and dedicate myself to the next idea.

Thank you guys for your input.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 05:10 PM   #70

I Ride: Lots
How many do you need to get this going?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
alternative, direction, front, indicator, installing