Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 20th 2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Banned

Can a quick shift be adapted to a Multistrada?

A question for those who have one. I would love to put one on my new Multi.

Old Aug 21st 2012, 06:52 AM   #2

I Ride: 2012 1199 Panigale Tri
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
A question for those who have one. I would love to put one on my new Multi.
I haven't seen anyting online - This should plug into the harness and the ECU to accept the singal to cut the engine. Probably not something you can make work if the ECU isn't programmed for DQS
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Retired

wouldn't the gearbox have to be configured differently as well as the ecu?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 02:43 PM   #4

I Ride: 1199 Tricolore, Multistrada Pikes Peak, 748R
Me too, I'd love one, keep forgetting to de throttle on the pikes peak, keep forgetting to keep it nailed on the Tric!

It's an 1198 motor, and I had a QS on my 1198s so it's a possibility. I'm not sure there is the room though. The gear shift area seems cramped.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy1199 View Post
Me too, I'd love one, keep forgetting to de throttle on the pikes peak, keep forgetting to keep it nailed on the Tric!

It's an 1198 motor, and I had a QS on my 1198s so it's a possibility. I'm not sure there is the room though. The gear shift area seems cramped.
Andy,

Seriously, how much fun is it to toss these Multistradas around?? I am friggin' loving this bike...so flickable and nimble!!

I feel bad for anyone who hasn't had a chance to ride one of these in anger!!! Totally having a blast with it in sport mode bombing through traffic like a true squid
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 01:23 PM   #6

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Andy,

Seriously, how much fun is it to toss these Multistradas around?? I am friggin' loving this bike...so flickable and nimble!!

I feel bad for anyone who hasn't had a chance to ride one of these in anger!!! Totally having a blast with it in sport mode bombing through traffic like a true squid
RSR It is without doubt the easiest bike to go ridiculously fast on, just glad I bought it after the 1199 as it really is an all round bike the 1199 might not have been bought. Mines still tight, less than 1000 miles but that hasnt stopped me chasing down all sorts of race reps on it. The mid range is immense. I love it, I have nothing but positives to say, even the wife likes going on the back. Got a de vince de cat pipe to go on next week with the stubby termi end can should sound like a Ducati too then. if I'm honest, on tight twisties when I'm not 100% up for a fast ride then I'm definitely quicker on the pikes peak. However on the odd day when the suns shining and I'm up for it the 1199 becomes almost part of me, I almost forget its there it's like flying along the road head first at an outrageous speed of knots.

Point is, both are incredible bikes. But the Tric looks like it is, the multi is a truly stealth bike that looks like a comfy sports adventure tourer but actually is an 1198 with high bars.

Going to swap them tyres though, I think I will be even better on some proper sport rubber. Not SPs as I'm after some thing reasonable in the wet but probably Pirelli.

Ps when parked up I'm still amazed the amount of comments the pikes peak gets, more than the Tric. It's got that over sized tonka toy, monster truck kinda appeal!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 01:30 PM   #7

Ps any experience of Pirelli Angel sports tyres?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Banned

Could not agree more with your entire statement...the weird thing is; I've gone through some really fast sweepers at 5mph or more faster than my Pani!!
I must be a total pussy with the Pani!! Waiting for my Termi's to getnthat Duc sound also!
My wife and son love riding on the back. Cannot even feel them back there. You're so right about it being a tall 1198.

I kind of ride it with my rear end if you get my drift, more input from my core as opposed to total body lean. It has translated to me getting better handling out of the 1199 if you can relate to that!

I'm under 1000 miles as well but just wringing it out and it seems to love it and responds nicely.

Amazing bikes, both.

Originally Posted by Andy1199 View Post
RSR It is without doubt the easiest bike to go ridiculously fast on, just glad I bought it after the 1199 as it really is an all round bike the 1199 might not have been bought. Mines still tight, less than 1000 miles but that hasnt stopped me chasing down all sorts of race reps on it. The mid range is immense. I love it, I have nothing but positives to say, even the wife likes going on the back. Got a de vince de cat pipe to go on next week with the stubby termi end can should sound like a Ducati too then. if I'm honest, on tight twisties when I'm not 100% up for a fast ride then I'm definitely quicker on the pikes peak. However on the odd day when the suns shining and I'm up for it the 1199 becomes almost part of me, I almost forget its there it's like flying along the road head first at an outrageous speed of knots.

Point is, both are incredible bikes. But the Tric looks like it is, the multi is a truly stealth bike that looks like a comfy sports adventure tourer but actually is an 1198 with high bars.

Going to swap them tyres though, I think I will be even better on some proper sport rubber. Not SPs as I'm after some thing reasonable in the wet but probably Pirelli.

Ps when parked up I'm still amazed the amount of comments the pikes peak gets, more than the Tric. It's got that over sized tonka toy, monster truck kinda appeal!
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 01:51 PM   #9

Very much so, I feel because I have to lean the multi more, on the pani I realise I have so much more lean left so it's improving my pani riding no end.

Could do with quick shifter though. Mine is in next week for the pipe as its a fairly serious job because of the removal of the flapper servo, I'll ask them if there is one for it, they will know for sure. I'll keep you posted.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
adapted, multistrada, quick, shift

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.