Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 6th 2014, 02:49 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: -

Posts: 381
Thanks: 80

Just got back from the workshop, who are installing my system.

They were surprised at how tight the DB killers where to get out, they have never had that issue before with any other akra system.

They had to use vice gripes and ended up pinching the DB killers bit ( of course they will fix that for free) But just goes to show you how tight they are point in on some systems
kaido is offline  
 
Old Aug 6th 2014, 05:36 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,732
Thanks: 1253

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Just got back from the workshop, who are installing my system.

They were surprised at how tight the DB killers where to get out, they have never had that issue before with any other akra system.

They had to use vice gripes and ended up pinching the DB killers bit ( of course they will fix that for free) But just goes to show you how tight they are point in on some systems
mine came straight out, but I am going to actually run with them in. May have a little go with them out and run the sound meter to see what difference there is.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Aug 6th 2014, 07:05 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: St. Louis

Posts: 5,008
Thanks: 1152

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
mine came straight out, but I am going to actually run with them in. May have a little go with them out and run the sound meter to see what difference there is.
With them in, how does it compare to stock?
Trauma is offline  
Old Aug 6th 2014, 03:56 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,732
Thanks: 1253

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
With them in, how does it compare to stock?
I have not even fitted them yet. I was going to have it on the dyno yesterday to get a "before" but had to cancel that due to unexpected work commitment. When I read the comment about the db killers being hard to remove I was just curious and went out to see if I could get one of mine out. I intend to get a dyno result with the std system and then same again after I fit to see the difference then will decide whether to spend more money on some fuelling solution.

I intend to write up something about fitting, sound and dyno results once all done.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 11:00 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Midwest

Posts: 716
Thanks: 218

Not to necropost, but I had a bitch of a time getting my Akrapovic DB killers out. One came out fairly easy. Removed the bolt, heated it with a heat gun, tapped it with a hammer to unseat it and pulled it out with a spring hook.

The other one....holy f*ck. No amount of yanking, prying, heat, WD40 etc was getting that bastard out. I ended up drilling out all of the rivets, removing the end cap and using a large punch to drive it out from the other side. Now, that I had it out, I can freely insert and remove it w/o a problem. WTF?

Now to install all this crap again...lol.
bp7178 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 12:01 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,107
Thanks: 238

Can you post pictures on how this exhaust look on the inside?

Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
Not to necropost, but I had a bitch of a time getting my Akrapovic DB killers out. One came out fairly easy. Removed the bolt, heated it with a heat gun, tapped it with a hammer to unseat it and pulled it out with a spring hook.

The other one....holy f*ck. No amount of yanking, prying, heat, WD40 etc was getting that bastard out. I ended up drilling out all of the rivets, removing the end cap and using a large punch to drive it out from the other side. Now, that I had it out, I can freely insert and remove it w/o a problem. WTF?

Now to install all this crap again...lol.
BadBoyBeltran is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2015, 01:54 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Midwest

Posts: 716
Thanks: 218

Its all riveted back, but if you download the instructions you can see in the section where they show you how to repack the cans.

http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapov...af4ea19551.pdf
bp7178 is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2015, 01:02 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Planet Earth

Posts: 325
Thanks: 62

Can you get the dropped bolts out of the cans easily? How?
Steveo is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2015, 10:49 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Midwest

Posts: 716
Thanks: 218

Turn them upside down and rattle them out?
bp7178 is offline  
Old Jun 10th 2015, 02:24 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Mutt1979's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: East England, UK

Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 770

I Ride: Panigale V4S
Try removing the bolts, run the engine up and then let the heat expand the exhaust for a bit. Then try firm pulling, obviously using a rag or decent gloves so you don't touch the hot parts directly........... might help?

Never had the issue with mine, just like a gentle pull and some circular motion.

If not, try a decent diameter steel rod, make a hook arrangement on one end to be able to get into the exhaust and pull out from behind the baffle, maybe even rig up a slide hammer type tool?
Mutt1979 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
akrapovic, killer, remove



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Fit Termignoni db Killer daverogers2001 Mechanical and Technical 10 Jul 3rd 2014 11:26 PM
Termignoni Exhaust DB Killer Pretty Kin Ducati 1199 1 Mar 7th 2014 08:28 AM
Panigale killer mark419ny Motorcycle Talk 53 Nov 10th 2013 10:31 PM
Termignoni DB killer Removal TWR Ducati 1199 37 May 20th 2013 05:33 PM
Another quick review of the 1199 - Bimmer killer? Trinity636 Ducati 1199 56 Feb 29th 2012 11:28 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed