Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree100Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 26th 2015, 04:04 PM   #111

I Ride: Yzf r1m
Can't wait for the personal reviews. Especially on the street version. Curious how it works with everyday riding situations.
Thanks from Prince Albert

Old Mar 26th 2015, 04:30 PM   #112

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Ok guys, we are now accepting PRE-ORDERS for the auto-downshift-blipper system! Expected first shipment is late April. We do not have an exact date yet, so if you're going to place a pre-order and then contact us every day asking if it has shipped yet, please do us and yourself a favor and don't order it yet. If you are an "early adopter" and want to be in on the first batch, then go ahead and place your pre-order and you'll get one of the first kits! We're expecting 20 kits in the first shipment, so we'll turn off the PRE-ORDER options once we have 20 orders.

INFORMATION:
The product will be called the "Blip Box" and there are two versions: LITE and PRO. $649 for LITE and $999 for PRO. The LITE version will activate a throttle blip when you pull the clutch lever (in certain conditions, over 15mph) to allow a smooth downshift without needing to blip the throttle yourself to match revs. The PRO version features a full load-cell shift rod sensor to allow FULLY-CLUTCHLESS downshifts, just like the new system on the 1299 Panigale. The system will come pre-mapped for the Panigale. However if you'd like to change the programming parameters yourself, there is an optional USB cable and software available to allow you full control of the blip paramters.

The fitting of the system uses all OEM connectors and is completely external to the ECU and all systems, so it's easy removable and transferrable to a different bike.

See and order here:
(p.s. - You WILL earn Ducati Omaha Rewards Points on your pre-orders!)

http://www.motospecialties.com/store...nshift Blipper

If you have questions about the product, post them up here rather than sending me a PM so the info can be shared with everyone at once!

$1000?!? Ouch haha. Feeling better about my TB install now as waiting for this was an option but sorta glad I didn't haha. I'm sure my local (ahole) dealers would find something wrong with it and blame me for it and tell Ducati it was found "to be altered" and deny my warranty lol.
Thanks from Phl, Duck41 and crankman
Old Mar 26th 2015, 06:48 PM   #113

I Ride: 1199 Panigale S
Got the missus to place my order cant wait!
Old Mar 26th 2015, 07:05 PM   #114

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by Sergio1199Panigale View Post
$1000?!? Ouch haha. Feeling better about my TB install now as waiting for this was an option but sorta glad I didn't haha. I'm sure my local (ahole) dealers would find something wrong with it and blame me for it and tell Ducati it was found "to be altered" and deny my warranty lol.
Its cheaper than proshift at $2.5K but then again proshift has paddle shifters also.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 06:02 AM   #115
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Originally Posted by ScrapperX View Post
Its cheaper than proshift at $2.5K but then again proshift has paddle shifters also.
I think I would crash if I tried to use paddle shifters on my bike entering a fast turn...
Thanks from Phl, Ljuice26 and ScrapperX
Old Mar 27th 2015, 09:04 AM   #116

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
So the pro module has adjustable kill times for the quick shifter ?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 10:10 AM   #117
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
So the pro module has adjustable kill times for the quick shifter ?
No the actual kill times for the DQS system are set in the ECU, can't control that part. What the Blip Box can do is allow programmable load trigger, so you can set how hard you need to push on the shifter before it will trigger the quick-shift cut. Many people find the stock DQS switch to be overly sensitive, and event a light brush of the boot can sometimes cause a quickshift signal to be sent, so this would help in that case. It can also program the minimum time between shifts to prevent double-shifts. The Blip Box is not replacing the stock DQS system, it's just replacing the load switch on the shift linkage with a new bi-directional one that allows the downshift blipper function.
Thanks from Prince Albert
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 06:09 PM   #118

I Ride: Panigale S-ABS
Hey Jarel,

Did you test it yet? How does it work so far?

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 10:14 PM   #119

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 2018 XDiavel S
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
I think I would crash if I tried to use paddle shifters on my bike entering a fast turn...
I hear you, but hopefully you are in the right gear before you enter a fast turn

Ive raced with Pro shift in the past on my R6 and they are easier to use than most people think. You can quickly get your foot into position for a lean and not worry about down shifting with your foot then quickly trying to get your foot back into position before a lean and if you have to down shift in a lean at you don't have to worry about getting your foot out of position while you down shift especially if you are turning left.

Kope has the Proshift on his 1199 R and Ive been thinking about adding it to mine but since I don't race anymore $2500 doesn't make sense. For track days $1K for your solution makes better sense or even the lite version.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 11:49 AM   #120

I Ride: Ducati Panigale S Tricolore
It is easy to do clutchless downshifts with a throttle blip on the Panigale manually, but I would love an automated process, like the upshift.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
blipper, downshift, function

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.