Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree100Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 31st 2015, 05:50 PM   #81

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale R & 2016 KTM 350 SXF
Originally Posted by Sergio1199Panigale View Post
New TuneBoy QS with auto blipping is cool! Need to fine tune it but it's fun. Changing my style a bit too. Highly recommend it. Once you can get the effing TuneBoy software to work that is lol. That's another thread haha.
Yeah don't think I can be bothered with that route.

I commute to work and back on mine and want my bike to work every morning I go to fire it up.

Old Jan 31st 2015, 06:26 PM   #82

I think all of his issues were due to the software's compatibility with the mac OS.

I've never had an issue with the Tuneboy "breaking" my bike or causing any type of reliability problems.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:22 AM   #83
Site Sponsor

I Ride: V4S and Ninja 400. Dichotomy.
Ok guys, we are now accepting PRE-ORDERS for the auto-downshift-blipper system! Expected first shipment is late April. We do not have an exact date yet, so if you're going to place a pre-order and then contact us every day asking if it has shipped yet, please do us and yourself a favor and don't order it yet. If you are an "early adopter" and want to be in on the first batch, then go ahead and place your pre-order and you'll get one of the first kits! We're expecting 20 kits in the first shipment, so we'll turn off the PRE-ORDER options once we have 20 orders.

INFORMATION:
The product will be called the "Blip Box" and there are two versions: LITE and PRO. $649 for LITE and $999 for PRO. The LITE version will activate a throttle blip when you pull the clutch lever (in certain conditions, over 15mph) to allow a smooth downshift without needing to blip the throttle yourself to match revs. The PRO version features a full load-cell shift rod sensor to allow FULLY-CLUTCHLESS downshifts, just like the new system on the 1299 Panigale. The system will come pre-mapped for the Panigale. However if you'd like to change the programming parameters yourself, there is an optional USB cable and software available to allow you full control of the blip paramters.

The fitting of the system uses all OEM connectors and is completely external to the ECU and all systems, so it's easy removable and transferrable to a different bike.

See and order here:
(p.s. - You WILL earn Ducati Omaha Rewards Points on your pre-orders!)

http://www.motospecialties.com/store...nshift Blipper

If you have questions about the product, post them up here rather than sending me a PM so the info can be shared with everyone at once!

Thanks from Phl, Gecko, baccullus and 1 others
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:28 AM   #84

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
Hi Jarel
Could you please give us your own personal feedback of using these two products on the 1199 ?
Thanks so much...
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:42 AM   #85
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
Hi Jarel
Could you please give us your own personal feedback of using these two products on the 1199 ?
Thanks so much...
We will have two prototype kits arriving here next week and will be installing one on a street bike and one on a track bike to play around with the programming options, I'll post up on it when I ride them. They've done quite a bit of testing at BSD already, and they have an 1199 test bike they bought just to do this project, so it's been through the paces quite a bit to prove up the components.
Thanks from Prince Albert and Thamer
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:25 AM   #86

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
i'm assuming this won't interfere with my Rapid bike "Race" module and Rapidbike quick shifter ?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:47 AM   #87
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Prince Albert View Post
i'm assuming this won't interfere with my Rapid bike "Race" module and Rapidbike quick shifter ?
Neither version will interfere with the RapidBike fuel unit, but if you have a non-OEM quickshifter installed that would be replaced by the Blip Box sensor unit instead if you get the Blip Box Pro. The Blip Box Pro will allow programmable quickshifter function as well as the downshift blipper.
Thanks from Prince Albert
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:54 AM   #88

I Ride: 1199 SL, 1199S Tri, 1299S Anni, MV Agusta F4 750, M1200S, M696, Husaberg FS650e, Petronas FP1
Very cool!
I have a cordona QS installed on my Tri (strain gauge sensor). I guess BlipBox Pro won't work with it?
Does the Pro version comes with a sensor? If that's the case, I'd love to put it into the SL!
If possible: I'm in
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:07 PM   #89
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Very cool!
I have a cordona QS installed on my Tri (strain gauge sensor). I guess BlipBox Pro won't work with it?
Does the Pro version comes with a sensor? If that's the case, I'd love to put it into the SL!
If possible: I'm in
Yes, the PRO version comes with a bidirectional shift sensor. I'll have to verify compatibility with the SL, let me check on that and I'll post back up when I have the answer.
Thanks from Gecko
Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:51 PM   #90
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Yes, the PRO version comes with a bidirectional shift sensor. I'll have to verify compatibility with the SL, let me check on that and I'll post back up when I have the answer.
And the answer is........ PROBABLY!

They haven't actually plugged one in to an SL yet but there shouldn't be anything on the SL that would prevent the Blip Box from working correctly. We have an SL here, I'll see if I can persuade the owner to let me plug one of the prototypes into his bike and give it a try next week.
Thanks from Gecko

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
blipper, downshift, function

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.