Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 1st 2012, 05:47 AM   #1

I Ride: the road
Thumbs up Electronics Settings

OK, I know I got my Tric real early, but a number of factors have prevented me from doing any long rides, so instead I've just been grabbing 45mins/50km here and there.

Anyhow, now that I'm getting more familiar with the thing, I've started experimenting with settings, since I'd left it in Sport-mode up until now

Last ride I went back to Wet-mode with 195-Lo. Freaking disaster. I hated it. Way to soft and lots of weight transfer back and forth. Yuk!!

So, today I had the opportunity to take a 2.5 hour glorious ride, in quiet mountains with numerous switchbacks and hairpins. After some very useful advice from a forum member, I opted for the following:

Sport-mode. 195-Hi. EBC-2.

Wow, talk about a transformation. Absolutely loved it.

Increasing EBC made a massive difference. Was more like a V4, without the usual massive v-twin engine breaking, which I can find a little unsettling.

Biggest surprise was 195-Hi, which up until now I thought was a macho-man setting But no, the bike pulled much cleaner and harder from low-rpm, which was great for firing between 3rd gear hairpins.

Taken me a while, but I'm now scratching the surface a little more and realising the massive performance and potential this thing has.

I'm amazed and happy, since progress and confidence building had been slow up until now.

Wow

Old Sep 1st 2012, 08:12 AM   #2

I Ride: 2012 1199S
I recently moved from Sport mode 120 to Race mode 195 and it's nice but I'm finding it much better to commute back and forth to work for 6 miles, max 45mph, handful of stop lights in sport mode 120. But you are correct 195 Hi is not so brutal.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 08:53 AM   #3

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
There are so many permutations.

I ran the bike in 195hi almost from day one but switched back to 195lo recently once I had the suspension sorted - I was compensating for the unsatisfactory suspension by punching up the throttle response ( I know sounds weird but it's true).

Now I have the suspension sorted with a stiffer rear spring and I've tweaked the settings front and rear and switched the settings back to 195lo and the smoother throttle response, less twitchy, is actually much better on long trips ( I routinely do 250km+ on a weekend ride)

The reality is that the tweak-ability means that on the days when you feel like going hard you stiffen up the suspension and sharpen the throttle, and on other days you might soften things up a little. That's the beauty of this bike. I was hammering across country roads today and I felt like the front was getting a tiny bit light again, so backed off the compression a couple of clicks and all was good again!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 09:31 AM   #4

Originally Posted by WAfatboy View Post
The reality is that the tweak-ability means that on the days when you feel like going hard you stiffen up the suspension and sharpen the throttle, and on other days you might soften things up a little. That's the beauty of this bike. I was hammering across country roads today and I felt like the front was getting a tiny bit light again, so backed off the compression a couple of clicks and all was good again!
Yup, 100%.

Only when you live with the bike, do you realise this amazing flexibility.

It's just on another level
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:13 AM   #5

I Ride: 2006 Speed Triple, 2012 Panigale, KX 250 (my favorite of all)
I wish I had time to read the damn manual (which I should be doing now instead of creepin’ on here) relating to the settings on my standard model! So far I’ve pretty much kept it in the default Race setting and haven’t messed with the EBC or DCT settings yet. I know a lot of it is personal preference and rider ability, but any recommendations for the track? I’m taking her out on its first track day this month at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway and intend on taking it easy at first (that’s what we all say, right?).

Never thought I would be that guy with the espresso machine, but I truly love the performance of this machine. Either way, I still refuse to park it out front of a coffee shop while strutting around in full Ducati apparel and/or outfitting my iphone with a Panigale phone case which I noticed someone who dedicated an entire thread on here to. Ha ha, I love this $*it!!!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:50 AM   #6

Originally Posted by filthy animal View Post
I wish I had time to read the damn manual (which I should be doing now instead of creepiní on here) relating to the settings on my standard model! So far Iíve pretty much kept it in the default Race setting and havenít messed with the EBC or DCT settings yet. I know a lot of it is personal preference and rider ability, but any recommendations for the track? Iím taking her out on its first track day this month at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway and intend on taking it easy at first (thatís what we all say, right?).

Never thought I would be that guy with the espresso machine, but I truly love the performance of this machine. Either way, I still refuse to park it out front of a coffee shop while strutting around in full Ducati apparel and/or outfitting my iphone with a Panigale phone case which I noticed someone who dedicated an entire thread on here to. Ha ha, I love this $*it!!!
Dude, from a Ducati guy, play with EBC and see what you think.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 11:03 AM   #7

I Ride: "I woke up in a new Ducati..."
I like the feel of it in race mode but don't like the stiff suspension and feeling all the bumps. Any recommendations on the settings?
Old Sep 1st 2012, 11:57 AM   #8

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S/ABS
Originally Posted by jimmymendoza View Post
I like the feel of it in race mode but don't like the stiff suspension and feeling all the bumps. Any recommendations on the settings?
You could just copy the sport settings if you liked the feel.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 02:14 PM   #9

I Ride: Ducati 1199S
Originally Posted by jimmymendoza View Post
I have mine on sport 195hi, front set at 22C and 22R, rear 12C and 12R, I weigh 90kg (200lbs), still feels firm at that but forgiving
Old Sep 1st 2012, 03:51 PM   #10

I Ride: Ducati 1199S, BMW HP4
So I rode on country roads yesterday at high speed with FC16 FR12, RearComp16 RearReb 16 but to confuse things I have a stiffer rear spring so immediately there is no comparison between my rear settings and anyone who doesnt have the same spring.

The reality is that some days feel different to others but you have everything you need at your fingertips.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
electronics, settings