Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree1Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 02:39 AM   #11
Retired
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: ga

Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 383

The pins for the streetfighter and 1098 are the ones you need for the pani.

Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
The above website does not give the 1199 as an option on the drop down menu. What model would be the most equivalent substitute? 1198?
zvez is offline  
 
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 01:08 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Hatchet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Foxboro,MA

Posts: 103
Thanks: 19

I Ride: 1199 Tri
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
Pitbull trailer restraint system, hands down the best way to tie down a bike in all my years of riding. Then just a loose tie around the front wheel to keep it from flopping back and forth.

Pit Bull : Trailer Restraints

If you must tie down the front, only compress the forks HALF or less.
This is the best way by far, I use these for my race bikes and my Tricolore
Hatchet is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 01:15 PM   #13
Member
 
Gamekeeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: GB - South East

Posts: 31
Thanks: 0

Get a proper cross strap that goes across the handlebars. Oxford products do one for about 25 - worth every penny. Don't need to compress much at all with one of those. Make sure your strap has carabinas rather than hooks.

A small tie across the rear tyre and your done.
Gamekeeper is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2012
From: East Coast

Posts: 809
Thanks: 243

Originally Posted by zvez View Post
The pins for the streetfighter and 1098 are the ones you need for the pani.
This is correct. 1098 and 1199 are the same pins. They actually sell the 1199 pins on the website, but if its the same as the 1098 kit.

I have four base mounts for the pitbull and 3 actual restraint systems. I have trailered the 1199 at least 2000+ miles this summer without a hitch.

Once you use the pitbull, you won't go back to straps. . . Especially on the 1199 which is very difficult to find good strapping points (only along handlebars and the foot peg area). You won't be compressing your suspension either.
anthem is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 04:03 PM   #15
Retired
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: ga

Posts: 2,364
Thanks: 383

I actually bought an inexpensive open trailer 4' x8' at Lowes and had a 1/4 steel plate welded to the back half of the trailer, anchored the pitbull plate to that.

Absolutely no issues with trailering with this config.

Last edited by zvez; Sep 3rd 2012 at 05:51 PM.
zvez is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,724
Thanks: 1251

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Secure the tie-downs to?

Bought a nice little enclosed trailer for the track events. Would like to gain valuable techniques from those who are experienced.

For example; how much should one compress the front shocks, etc.?

Thanks.

(I had a front wheel chock installed as well as four tie-down rings).
I use the Pitbull trailer restraint and it works very well. Then used tie downs off the front brake calipers to add some stability to front wheel. just enough tension to keep front wheel straight. No need to compress the forks at all.

Works well and takes 5 mins and can be done solo.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,724
Thanks: 1251

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by RSR racer View Post
Secure the tie-downs to?

Bought a nice little enclosed trailer for the track events. Would like to gain valuable techniques from those who are experienced.

For example; how much should one compress the front shocks, etc.?

Thanks.

(I had a front wheel chock installed as well as four tie-down rings).
Pitbull trailer restaint
bradp51 is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Copiya's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Sydney

Posts: 148
Thanks: 48

I Ride: 1199S
I'm also interested in this topic.
Has anyone used the tyredown product on their panigale?

Also, for those Aussies that have endorsed the pit bull trailer restraint, where can I buy one in Australia?

They are quoting $480 shipped which is $300 more than the tyredown product.
Copiya is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 06:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,724
Thanks: 1251

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by Copiya View Post
I'm also interested in this topic.
Has anyone used the tyredown product on their panigale?

Also, for those Aussies that have endorsed the pit bull trailer restraint, where can I buy one in Australia?

They are quoting $480 shipped which is $300 more than the tyredown product.
I was pretty lucky and seemed to get a bit of a discount on my shipping
I ordered a reversible rear stand and the trailer restraint. All up I paid about $700 AUD for both with shipping. I cannot remember where the dollar was against the US at the time. Above parity I think. I know they gave me a bit of a discount on the shipping. The aussie importer does not bring in the trailer restraint because of the shipping charge. These things come in huge boxes and its based on size of the box as in volume not the weight.

To me worth every cent.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2012, 08:06 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Copiya's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
From: Sydney

Posts: 148
Thanks: 48

I Ride: 1199S
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
I was pretty lucky and seemed to get a bit of a discount on my shipping
I ordered a reversible rear stand and the trailer restraint. All up I paid about $700 AUD for both with shipping. I cannot remember where the dollar was against the US at the time. Above parity I think. I know they gave me a bit of a discount on the shipping. The aussie importer does not bring in the trailer restraint because of the shipping charge. These things come in huge boxes and its based on size of the box as in volume not the weight.

To me worth every cent.
Fair call, I'd be happy to pay for that however, if the Tyre down strap works just as good I'd rather keep the $300 in my pocket to use on other parts etc...

Anyone use tyredown straps on the rear tyre of there Ducati?
Copiya is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bike, panigale, points, trailering



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panigale Crash Damage - Same as any other bike? jarelj Ducati 1199 50 Apr 5th 2013 03:40 PM
Anyone ride a bike or demo bike with ABS yet? michaeldorian Mechanical and Technical 12 May 5th 2012 08:00 AM
Panigale Detail Shots from NEC Bike Show Birmingham Mutley Ducati 1199 8 Dec 18th 2011 08:11 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed