Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 11th 2012, 08:18 PM   #21

I'm using strapped down Baxley sport chuck, canyon dancers on the bars very lightly tightened, and strapped down Ducati rear stand in my enclosed Sprinter van. I rather not drill holes on the floor of my van for the Pitbull trailer restraint.

Old Sep 11th 2012, 09:30 PM   #22

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm using strapped down Baxley sport chuck, canyon dancers on the bars very lightly tightened, and strapped down Ducati rear stand in my enclosed Sprinter van. I rather not drill holes on the floor of my van for the Pitbull trailer restraint.
How have you strapped down the rear stand? Do you have any picture of how it looks all tied down? I am thinking of using the baxley up front, but was planning on regular tie downs for the rear. The rear stand idea sounds interesting.

Cheers!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:14 PM   #23

Originally Posted by madmaxmenon View Post
How have you strapped down the rear stand? Do you have any picture of how it looks all tied down? I am thinking of using the baxley up front, but was planning on regular tie downs for the rear. The rear stand idea sounds interesting.

Cheers!
I can certainly take pics next time I head out to the tracks. Basically put the bike on rear stand, secure the left and right side of the rear stand with straps to the left and right anchors in the van.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 06:08 AM   #24

Pitbull trailer restraint, nothing even comes close! Bike suspension is left free and this actually makes your trailer or truck ride smoother. no strap contact on bike. Stories of rolled over trailers and bikes secure are true!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 06:21 AM   #25

I Ride: A little bit of everything
Originally Posted by mrbrettbaker View Post
Pitbull trailer restraint, nothing even comes close! Bike suspension is left free and this actually makes your trailer or truck ride smoother. no strap contact on bike. Stories of rolled over trailers and bikes secure are true!
Just watched their YouTube and looks like a great system.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 06:42 AM   #26

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S, 2002 998, 2007 s2r100
I have the PitBull trailer restraint. It is the way to go! This system is sweeeet. No worries about broken straps. You end up with way more room in your trailer too. I can slip a bike down the middle with the PitBull, that was impossible with straps.
Old May 2nd 2013, 04:57 PM   #27

What's best for the back of a truck? I'd rather not drill holes in the bed of my truck.
Old May 2nd 2013, 07:09 PM   #28

I Ride: Ducati 900sscr, Suzuki DRZ 400, 2012 1199 Panigale
Originally Posted by gatti man View Post
What's best for the back of a truck? I'd rather not drill holes in the bed of my truck.
Cycle Cynch II and Sato racing hook.
Old May 2nd 2013, 08:33 PM   #29

Originally Posted by slnvail View Post
Cycle Cynch II and Sato racing hook.
So do I need two sets of cynch's or just the one set attached to the racing hooks?
Old May 2nd 2013, 08:46 PM   #30

I Ride: Ducati 900sscr, Suzuki DRZ 400, 2012 1199 Panigale
SATO RACING | Racing Hook - Ducati 1199 Panigale / S

The Sato hook attaches to where the passenger pegs are mounted.

The Cycle Cynch II is similar to the Canyon Dancer but I think it creates less wear on the grips because it's easier to adjust the angle of pull.

Super solid in the back of my Tacoma using the sport track rail system.

Sorry no photos of the Sato hook because I currently have the passenger pegs on.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
bike, panigale, points, trailering