Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree10Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 08:03 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Farmind yiu are correct. Ive worked in aviation for 11 years and 99.9% of the time its a wire or connector. The inertial sensor and abs sensors and other electronic gadgets mostly came from aviation products. Too many inexperienced techs working on stuff relying on a diag kit telling them fault with inert ecu and they change that out when it was a $20 wire that was the issue. The electronics are not usually the issue.
Thanks from farmind
b9009b is offline  
 
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 08:36 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Thamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: New York

Posts: 997
Thanks: 596

I Ride: 1299 Base
Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Farmind yiu are correct. Ive worked in aviation for 11 years and 99.9% of the time its a wire or connector. The inertial sensor and abs sensors and other electronic gadgets mostly came from aviation products. Too many inexperienced techs working on stuff relying on a diag kit telling them fault with inert ecu and they change that out when it was a $20 wire that was the issue. The electronics are not usually the issue.
What do you do in aviation, if I may ask? I've been in for over 20 years and yeah it's amazing how many problems are fixed by changing parts as opposed to trouble shooting....lol
Thamer is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 10:01 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by Thamer View Post
What do you do in aviation, if I may ask? I've been in for over 20 years and yeah it's amazing how many problems are fixed by changing parts as opposed to trouble shooting....lol
Helicopter crew chief army then a&p after that on augusta and bell helicopters. We didnt have to replace them most times it was a connection or wire in the harness. Just needed a bit or thought.

Maintenance shop and flight line level.
Thanks from Thamer
b9009b is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 01:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
BowHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Denmark

Posts: 183
Thanks: 66

When you disconnect the des, use 2 pcs 16 ohm resistors on each connector, connect resistor 1 between pin 1 and 2; resistor 2 between pin 3 and 4,
Thanks from Phl, Gecko and Thamer
BowHunter is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 04:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Thamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: New York

Posts: 997
Thanks: 596

I Ride: 1299 Base
Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Helicopter crew chief army then a&p after that on augusta and bell helicopters. We didnt have to replace them most times it was a connection or wire in the harness. Just needed a bit or thought.

Maintenance shop and flight line level.
I be been to the factory in NE phili. You R a brave soul if you ride there....lol. I am flying 139s right now. It seems agustas in general have either weak wiring, or thin shielding. Still love the aircraft though.
Thamer is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 04:30 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by Thamer View Post
I be been to the factory in NE phili. You R a brave soul if you ride there....lol. I am flying 139s right now. It seems agustas in general have either weak wiring, or thin shielding. Still love the aircraft though.
Yep I ride all through there. Kick in a mirror it gets there attn. lol. It is both wires and shields really. Lowest bidder etc etc. But hands down better than Bell. Where do you fly from?
b9009b is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 04:34 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Thamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
From: New York

Posts: 997
Thanks: 596

I Ride: 1299 Base
Originally Posted by b9009b View Post
Yep I ride all through there. Kick in a mirror it gets there attn. lol. It is both wires and shields really. Lowest bidder etc etc. But hands down better than Bell. Where do you fly from?
I fly now for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia. Home three times a year. money is good, flying is boring

Use to fly 76s in the NE for AAG, back up for GE, and IBM. Now that was flying
Thamer is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2014, 04:47 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
b9009b's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: Philadelphia

Posts: 3,384
Thanks: 1153

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by Thamer View Post
I fly now for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia. Home three times a year. money is good, flying is boring

Use to fly 76s in the NE for AAG, back up for GE, and IBM. Now that was flying
Damn good job. If you guys need techs hit me up. Its better working there.lol I actually miss Europe and the Middle East.

Last edited by b9009b; Nov 23rd 2014 at 04:54 PM.
b9009b is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2014, 05:50 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
bjorgens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Oregon

Posts: 124
Thanks: 43

Bowhunter
16.2 ohm resistors work on mine for the forks, but still throw a "DES!" code when connected across pins 1-2 and 3-4 for each connector (rebound and compression) on the rear shock.

If you have an opportunity, can you please verify that front and rear resistance values are the same on yours?

B
bjorgens is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2014, 05:59 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
bjorgens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Oregon

Posts: 124
Thanks: 43

Btw... These are the plugs I've made up... Using same connectors as OE

B
Attached Thumbnails
What's the process for ditching the DES?-image.jpg  
Thanks from ADow
bjorgens is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
des, ditching, process



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed