Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 27th 2014, 08:02 PM   #11

I Ride: 13 1199S, 02R1, MTS1000S
Originally Posted by Sergio1199Panigale View Post
OMFG!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!

So no thanks to the worst instruction PDF ever made, I figured out you don't always load the trim file (including cruise control and QS) when you hit "reflash eu" from the "file" menu in TuneBoy Trim program. You must save the trim file and then close TuneBoy Trim and open the Mitsubishi ReFlash program and load the tune + trim file(s). Then click "reflash ecu" in that program, voila!!!! Everything works.
Sorry mate, I thought you were doing that....I would have mentioned it, that's what I meant with saving the file and loading. All permanent loads are done via the Mitsubishi program.
Thanks from Sergio1199Panigale

Old Dec 27th 2014, 08:10 PM   #12

Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
I have to agree that the PDF is pretty worthless. There are pretty important points which are kind of glossed over, or get lost in other text. Overall the program is a little clunky, but works.

My question for anyone who would know is, what is the difference in the trim files? I take it the ones with "AR" in the title are for the Austin Racing exhaust.

There are 4 for the Akrapovic. I have the Akrapovic slip-on and there doesn't seem to be a trim file to directly match the Akrapovic slip-on.

Akrapovic.trm
Akrapovic_2.trm
Akrapovic_Lean.trm
Akrapovic_ShortKill.trm

What's the difference between these?

The Termi ones seem pretty self explanatory.

Should the trim files you upload when flashing match? If I'm using the Akrapovic .dat file should I be using an Akrapovic .trm file? The whole stick thing seems odd. So if I'm following things right, stick1.dat is a flash which matches the stock Ducati, but still allows you to change things on the trim side, whereas STDTune.dat, is a pure stock Ducati flash and won't read in the trim program. Stick2 is for the Termi slip-on and Stick3 is for the Termi full, and Akrapovic.dat is for the full Akra system.

What exactly is the difference between the .dat and .trm files?

EDIT: Why does it give you the option of loading more than one .trm file when flashing, up to three? What is the point of that?
yes the dat and trim should match with the Akro files, the fuel trims have largely been included in the akro dat file so then you only need to clean up the trim for your bike. That is why the akro trims are small in comparison to the Termi trims.

The option for more trim files to be loaded is so you can head off on your bike and try a few trims at a time and see what feels the best. Also, you could have a track trim and a street trim or touring trim etc
Thanks from bp7178
Old Dec 27th 2014, 08:52 PM   #13

So, how do you select between the different trims while riding? Do they take the place of 120lo, 195lo and 195hi? How do you know which ends up where?
Old Dec 27th 2014, 09:01 PM   #14

So, how do you select between the different trims while riding? Do they take the place of 120lo, 195lo and 195hi? How do you know which ends up where?
It's in the instructions, I'm not home to confirm however from memory you hold the throttle open when you turn the bike on, it shows 5k, 7.5k or 10k rpm as your selections.

The 120...195lo/hi is only essentially throttle sensitivity changes, does not effect
Thanks from bp7178

Last edited by ruley; Dec 27th 2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 09:22 PM   #15

Thanks, I just found it on page 49 of the manual just now lol. Good to know about the stock 195hi/lo thing. I was wondering about that.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 02:44 PM   #16

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
Yea it's nice to be able to go between 3 trims while doing test rides. I like to alter the QS settings also.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 05:29 PM   #17

I didn't think about using it to play with the QS settings. Interesting.

I had a couple of f'd up shift when using the quickshifter when I was up pretty high in the rev range. I was wondering it giving it a slightly longer delay would help.

I can also really see the advantage of using the TuneBoy strain type QS. Prob going to be a spring project after I clear up the credit card a bit.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 07:09 PM   #18

I didn't think about using it to play with the QS settings. Interesting.

I had a couple of f'd up shift when using the quickshifter when I was up pretty high in the rev range. I was wondering it giving it a slightly longer delay would help.

I can also really see the advantage of using the TuneBoy strain type QS. Prob going to be a spring project after I clear up the credit card a bit.
I feel ya on the plastic fundage haha. Once I get the final tune I like, I'll get into the "BlipH" and "BlipL" tables in the depths of the TuneBoy Trim program. Right now it's working fine.

This afternoon, I just remapped her to the Akra tune with 3 different Akra trims including different stiffnesses on the QS. See how it goes.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 07:13 PM   #19

Originally Posted by ruley View Post
Sorry mate, I thought you were doing that....I would have mentioned it, that's what I meant with saving the file and loading. All permanent loads are done via the Mitsubishi program.
Well when you hit "reflash ecu" from the TuneBoy Trim program, it launches the Mitsubishi Reflash Program and you're at the same window you would be if you just clicked on the Mitsubishi program normally. So I figured it would reflash it all the same. Very strange the nudge button box check was accepted but not the QS.

Whatever, I'm gonna just always use the Mitsu Reflash program from now on.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 07:57 PM   #20

Originally Posted by Sergio1199Panigale View Post
Well when you hit "reflash ecu" from the TuneBoy Trim program, it launches the Mitsubishi Reflash Program and you're at the same window you would be if you just clicked on the Mitsubishi program normally. So I figured it would reflash it all the same. Very strange the nudge button box check was accepted but not the QS.

Whatever, I'm gonna just always use the Mitsu Reflash program from now on.
Are you saving the edited trim file and loading that into the Flash Mitsu program?

I'm thinking editing the trim file in TuneBoy, then hitting re-flash saves you that step. But, it may be a step you want to do.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
great, made, making, progress, tuneboy