Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 26th 2014, 05:38 PM   #1

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
Made great progress on my Tuneboy but.....

Ok, so got the TuneBoy drivers working on my Windows Netbook and can make the Tuneboy Trim program do as I please with different tunes and trims. I am liking the Akra map.

I also Installed my cruise control nudge buttons and got them working through the TuneBoy Trim "config options" menu today!! So got a little confident and installed the TuneBoy Strain Gauge Quickshifter. Now its activation is done the same way through the TuneBoy Trim "config options" menu.

So per instructions, I installed the new shifter and plugged into the rear O2 sensor connector. Verified the shifter is working by seeing the A/F "rear" values change as I press up or down the shifter. Assume the ECU sees it ands all is good with connections.

So I check off the "Quickshifter" box in the config options menu and move the sliders for "kill pressure" and "blip pressure" to the left to be softer. I save this new trim under a new name. Then click "reflash ecu" and new window pops up. I select the trim I just created with QS included. The new tune and trim loads fine. I start the bike. Activate cruise control by pressing the start button and after 6secs the engine blips as its supposed to.

Now I go on a test ride and the cruise control works, nudge buttons work, but no shifter. What's weird is the QS seems to work while the cruise control is active and holding a speed. I've checked everything 4 times and have gone through this process even more times.

Can't see what I'm missing? I have to shift manually btw. I even tried turning the oem QS "off". Didn't help.

Any advise or what am I missing here? TuneBoy has not responded to my emails. Guess they're on vacay til the new year.

TIA

Old Dec 26th 2014, 06:31 PM   #2

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
They stay on vaca. Their response times are slow at best.

Hope someone who has personal experience with this can chime in. I can bet it will be sooner than tuneboy.
Thanks from Sergio1199Panigale
Old Dec 27th 2014, 02:41 AM   #3

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S, 2013 Diavel, 2008 ZX10R Track Bike, KLX250
How far to the left did you move the sliders? If you move them fully to the left, it will disable the quickshifter:

Moving the Blip Pressure slider to the left will set a lower pressure to trigger the
down-shift blip. Moving to the right will set a higher pressure. If you move the
slider fully to the left it will disable the down-shift auto blip function.

Try moving the sliders a little more to the right and it might fix your problem. I have fitted the quickshifter and it is working well, I just need to play with the timings a bit to get it right.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 09:44 AM   #4

I Ride: 2012 1199 Tricolore, 2007 Porsche GT3RS
Originally Posted by double0 View Post
They stay on vaca. Their response times are slow at best.

Hope someone who has personal experience with this can chime in. I can bet it will be sooner than tuneboy.
Yeah, you can say that. I am still waiting on two inquiries I made over a year ago. Wayne's customer service sucks big time.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 10:02 AM   #5

Originally Posted by PanigaleS View Post
How far to the left did you move the sliders? If you move them fully to the left, it will disable the quickshifter:

Moving the Blip Pressure slider to the left will set a lower pressure to trigger the
down-shift blip. Moving to the right will set a higher pressure. If you move the
slider fully to the left it will disable the down-shift auto blip function.

Try moving the sliders a little more to the right and it might fix your problem. I have fitted the quickshifter and it is working well, I just need to play with the timings a bit to get it right.
Thanks, I did read that so I kept the sliders 1/4" from the left, Still nada. Good to know it's working on someone's bike haha.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 01:38 PM   #6

OMFG!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!

So no thanks to the worst instruction PDF ever made, I figured out you don't always load the trim file (including cruise control and QS) when you hit "reflash eu" from the "file" menu in TuneBoy Trim program. You must save the trim file and then close TuneBoy Trim and open the Mitsubishi ReFlash program and load the tune + trim file(s). Then click "reflash ecu" in that program, voila!!!! Everything works.

Son of a ***** guys. Not for the faint of heart haha.

Autoblipping QS is pretty cool. Messing around with the settings is fun when everything works as advertised.

Also running the Full Termi map instead of the Akra and see how she does. Wayyyy less surging under 5k rpm at constant throttle.

Some pics are coming up in case you're wondering what the "nudge buttons" look like. And I took pics of the shifters side by side.

Last edited by Sergio1199Panigale; Dec 27th 2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 01:49 PM   #7

Some pics...

No more tingly hands on long freeway commutes with these! haha

OEM shifter on left, new TuneBoy on right. just took off the rod-end off the old onto the new one.

Install wasn't too too bad. Wire to go to rear O2 plug was not very long.

Took about 6hrs of this scratching my head lol. Too bad there's no such thing as a tech line or customer service at Tuneboy lol.

Last edited by Sergio1199Panigale; Dec 27th 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 03:37 PM   #8

I Ride: '14 Panigale R & '14 Pikes Peak
Great to hear you figured it out!!
Old Dec 27th 2014, 04:51 PM   #9

Originally Posted by leftcoast32 View Post
Great to hear you figured it out!!
Haha thanks Joe! I lost a little sleep last night about this damn thing. I was gonna text ya. Your help at first got my mind thinking down a different path so thanks. Still waiting on a response on the issue of the oem O2 sensor you brought up to me.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 06:52 PM   #10

I have to agree that the PDF is pretty worthless. There are pretty important points which are kind of glossed over, or get lost in other text. Overall the program is a little clunky, but works.

My question for anyone who would know is, what is the difference in the trim files? I take it the ones with "AR" in the title are for the Austin Racing exhaust.

There are 4 for the Akrapovic. I have the Akrapovic slip-on and there doesn't seem to be a trim file to directly match the Akrapovic slip-on.

Akrapovic.trm
Akrapovic_2.trm
Akrapovic_Lean.trm
Akrapovic_ShortKill.trm

What's the difference between these?

The Termi ones seem pretty self explanatory.

Should the trim files you upload when flashing match? If I'm using the Akrapovic .dat file should I be using an Akrapovic .trm file? The whole stick thing seems odd. So if I'm following things right, stick1.dat is a flash which matches the stock Ducati, but still allows you to change things on the trim side, whereas STDTune.dat, is a pure stock Ducati flash and won't read in the trim program. Stick2 is for the Termi slip-on and Stick3 is for the Termi full, and Akrapovic.dat is for the full Akra system.

What exactly is the difference between the .dat and .trm files?

EDIT: Why does it give you the option of loading more than one .trm file when flashing, up to three? What is the point of that?

Last edited by bp7178; Dec 27th 2014 at 07:07 PM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
great, made, making, progress, tuneboy