Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree63Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 9th 2015, 09:43 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: indonesia

Posts: 9
Thanks: 1

i cant afford an R version because the price its too much it almost hit 54k $ dollar
and im not trolling or anything, and ducati is like a dream bike for me, i always want 1 since my age 10, i admit i dont have many experience in big bike and this is will be my first one, the only bike that i have tried is ninja 250 and borrow my friend kawasi er6n which is naked bike
monstermasher is offline  
 
Old Feb 9th 2015, 09:47 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: indonesia

Posts: 9
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by desmodromic system View Post
we are both similar since I live in a third world country too. and I bought my 848 as my first bike with 6 months ridding experience with a Gilera Fuoco. I ended up low sidding the 848 after two days.. after the initial repairs my next crash was 5 years apart.

Since you have 4 years ridding experience , ridding the Panigale in the straits and in the city is very easy. the tricky part is learning how to corner it properly.

On a side note, I lapped faster on a Kawasaki 250r compared to my laptime with the 848. Faster by 2-3 seconds because I am scared to open the throttle of the 848 in the corners
yeah the traffic in manila or jakarta is probably the same, i intend to use the bike for a casual use and never hit gear 4 or 5 unless in track or unless i get to know my bike and potential threat

and many of my friend tell the ducati is overpowered bike if you dont have common sense you will crash instantly or simply get knocked out of bike
and they tell me many ducati case which is accidentally wheeelie and end up in someone car or crash in street
monstermasher is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 09:50 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 2444

Originally Posted by monstermasher View Post
yeah the traffic in manila or jakarta is probably the same, i intend to use the bike for a casual use and never hit gear 4 or 5 unless in track or unless i get to know my bike and potential threat

and many of my friend tell the ducati is overpowered bike if you dont have common sense you will crash instantly or simply get knocked out of bike
and they tell me many ducati case which is accidentally wheeelie and end up in someone car or crash in street
I hate it when you end up accidently in someone else's car .
wilkson is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: indonesia

Posts: 9
Thanks: 1

yeah because some guys in my country use a big bike for daily use like go to college, work , etc , and the street is always crowded
and its not common in third world country to have big bike, majority of rider use an 150cc or scooter
monstermasher is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 2444

Sounds good . I can imagine the bigger bike will be better going through the crowds .
In most case a smaller capacity bike will be lighter and might not be as good for knocking people over .
Thanks from Prince Albert
wilkson is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:07 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: indonesia

Posts: 9
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
Sounds good . I can imagine the bigger bike will be better going through the crowds .
In most case a smaller capacity bike will be lighter and might not be as good for knocking people over .
well im not too good in english, what i try to say before is did my friend told me true? they say ducati is too overpowered and for inexperienced rider it will probably do an accidental wheelie because gear shifting and clutch control, or accidental power wheelie
monstermasher is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:10 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 2444

Better not get one then .
wilkson is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:35 PM   #18
Moderator
 
Xbox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: The Med

Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 532

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
Better not get one then .
....or better get the 1299S, since it has wheelie control

Problem solved!!
Xbox is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 11:10 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: indonesia

Posts: 9
Thanks: 1

Originally Posted by Xbox View Post
....or better get the 1299S, since it has wheelie control

Problem solved!!
wow i just know 1299s got a wheelie control ! thats cool but i think im gonna wait for 4 - 5 month to get 1 , because in my country dealer they say ducati 1299 panigale all series not yet been supplied to indonesia
monstermasher is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2015, 11:55 PM   #20
Moderator
 
Xbox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: The Med

Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 532

I Ride: the road
Originally Posted by monstermasher View Post
wow i just know 1299s got a wheelie control ! thats cool but i think im gonna wait for 4 - 5 month to get 1 , because in my country dealer they say ducati 1299 panigale all series not yet been supplied to indonesia
You will gets lots of advice, criticism and some sarcasm, in relation to your questions.

The 1199/1299 is an incredible package, combining brutal performance, advanced electronics, light weight and agility, all wrapped up in Italian sexiness.

End of the day it all depends how much respect you can show such a machine.
Xbox is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
1199s or 1299s, bike, panigale



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1199R vs 1299S - Which is better? kickarsmann Ducati 1199 87 Mar 27th 2017 10:12 AM
Put my deposit down on the 1299S 80shilling New Users 24 Feb 9th 2015 06:36 PM
panigale 1299s as first bike chacaoi Ducati 1299 90 Jan 2nd 2015 03:08 AM
1299S or R? Desmobill Ducati 1199 45 Nov 4th 2014 07:12 AM
1199S my first bike! Kman New Users 8 May 7th 2012 04:55 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed