Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree50Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 06:32 AM   #11

I will take a pic tonight, but it will be off the bike, as I have the subframe off building a tubular race sub for it. I basically removed the cover and foam and started with new foam, shaving the underside of it so the top of the foam would stay smooth. I also have almost no foam where the back of the seat pitched up steeply, so that I had more room to slide back.Put a torpedo level on your seat, and measure how much you need to raise the front to make it level or close. Bring to an upholstery shop and have them rebuild it, will still be cheaper than race seat (which isn't bad position wise) the bike is raised in the rear due to the stand, but you still should be able to see how much flatter the seat is in respect to the bike. I can now sit back without sliding forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Stomp Grips-image.jpg  
Thanks from Phl and Thamer

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 06:48 AM   #12

I Ride: 2013 1199R, 2012 Streetfighter S, ST3
Niiiiiice!!! Thank you for the picture. That helps a bunch
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 06:54 AM   #13

It's the slope that's a problem. The dirtbike gripper material is a big help too, but a suede or other material that isn't slippery will work also
Thanks from Phl
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 07:30 AM   #14

^how tall are you?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 07:58 AM   #15

I'm 6 ft, but if your short and want to have a bike that's rideable youll have to give up putting both feet on the ground, really only need toes touching
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 08:05 AM   #16

I Ride: 1299 Base
What shock are you running?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 08:19 AM   #17

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Hey

does anyone have Stomp Grips on there 1199?

i am looking at getting a set but i want to know if they come with the little section for the fairing like these ones, as i find that is where my knee sits on the bike not on the tank

Stomp Grips do not come with the smaller pcs - Tech Spec does include them - i tried cutting my own Stomp Grip to shape...which worked for all of 1 ride - the heat behind the fairing cased the adhesive to liquify....both on the Stomp Grips & Tech Specs....there is just too much heat behind the right knee section

Stomp Grip remains my choice, i used them longer, so apparently i prefer the slimmer profile/grip they have......either brand will work good though
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 08:45 AM   #18

That is an "AMA spec" Penske from Mike Faillace at MDM. It has the lastest Variable bleed valving and an internal top out spring. This new stuff addresses dampening at full lean, where the shock is extended more than normal. Thru T10 at thunderbolt, the long left hander,when you run thru the rough part at full lean, the rear dances all over. With this shock it just sucks it all up and stays planted. The shock truly transformed the bike, and the nice thing about a Penske, is that every one is built custom for your setup, for no extra cost. Mike was a suspension guy for the Triumph Factory AMA teams years ago, and is currently the #1 Penske racebike shock dealer, give him a shout if you want to hear more about the shock, I just know it transformed my Pani. With a bone stock engine my Team Challenge teammate was running 1:26 on thunderbolt after only one trackday session on the bike, and no shock tuning
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 09:02 AM   #19

I Ride: 2012 1199S, 2008 Speed Triple
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
i have rizoma rearsets, and yeah on the balls.

kind of hard to see but this is my position, need something to help me stop sliding around (have order a new seat too)
I have the Stomp-grip set-up; it only comes with tank pads.
Of note however, you are way too forward in this picture. For casual riding, I can see how some extra grip on the fairing would be useful; but try moving back in the seat and, with the ball of your foot on the peg, driving your knee into the tank by flexing your ankle on your outside leg. Anyway, have a look at the photo below and notice how much further back my head is from the windscreen compared to your picture. I think the combination of moving back in the seat and extending your ankle to drive your knee into the tank will help your upper body positioning during cornering as well as aligning your knee with the Stomp-grip pad. (BTW, nice helmet!)
Attached Thumbnails
Stomp Grips-img_5229.jpg  
Thanks from kaido

Last edited by Styler; Mar 3rd 2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 09:20 AM   #20

wow thanks guys! some awesome information!

I definitely need to address my seating position, as i struggled with it on the last track day . Looking at all my photos i am completely upright and not getting off the bike at all.

i think this photo best explains it

Will try adjusting my rear sets, also have a new seat on order which will hopefully help the sliding around (i have 2012 which has the shit seat)

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
grips, stomp