Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree31Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 10th 2015, 04:08 PM   #21

I Ride: '15 1299 Base, '15 R1, '16 Arctic Cat ZR8000RR
Seems odd, my '12's warrant claims exceeded it's sale price by far and never ever have I got any grief either from my dealer or DNA. Me tracking the bike was a well known fact to both but there was never even a raised eyebrow.

Throughout my career I have bought trucks, tractors and equipment for a horrendous amount of money, have had a s***load of trouble and nobody has ever been as forthright and acommodating as the folks who sold me a 20k$ toy.

I'm really sorry for all of you who ran into a s****y dealer, I know they exist.

There's my rant!
Thanks from Sergio1199Panigale

Old Apr 10th 2015, 06:02 PM   #22

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1299 S, Aprilia RS250
PanigaleS, that great you're sorted and now dealer free. I'm going to go the Tuneboy option on my 1299S after my 1000 km service. Btw, and not wanting to make a big deal of it but Frasers should not have claimed what they did. Statutory Warranty is NOT affected by your choice of service provider. Australian Consumer Law (http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au/conten...icle_sales.pdf) is the same for cars and motorcycles and it is very clear on this issue:
"This is especially the case when dealers and manufacturers make broad statements that consumers will ‘void their warranties’ or similar if they go to an independent repairer (for example, a repairer who is not affiliated with the manufacturer or part of the manufacturer’s network). Any suggestion by car manufacturers or dealers that motor vehicles need to be serviced at a licensed dealer to maintain the owner’s consumer guarantee rights is not correct."
The only way a dealer can restrict your choice of service is if they offer/sell you an Express Warranty - like an extended warranty period or similar where they can make it a condition that you use their parts or service. But, even so, the Express Warranty does not diminish your Statutory Warranty rights in any way.
Old Apr 11th 2015, 09:30 AM   #23

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Had a big claim ie engine rebuild 2 weeks before warrantee ran out on my multistrada in 2013 no prob claiming.
Had couple of small probs done under warrantee on the Panigale no probs. I decided not to use my local main dealer cause he pi@@ed me off over something which I won't go into . I get great service from an independent dealer who I have the utmost respect for. Last time I was at his workshop he was telling me that Ducati are tightening up on warrantee claims much stricter .
I think I would be really angry if had a genuine claim that was being denied! So, I can understand your frustration. In this case it seems ,thanks to those here on the forum like a simple fix. Thankfully it's not a major issue costing $++.
But, of course it makes one question confidence in the brand.

Then we look at the gorgeous Italian design and the devil calls us back!
Old Apr 11th 2015, 09:30 AM   #24

Originally Posted by Sergio1199Panigale View Post
I've never owned a Japanese bike, just Ducs and Triumph D675. Never had an issue with those. How do the Japanese dealers handle warranties?? Just wondering if it's bike companies in general these days??
Ran 30k miles on a Yamaha, not a single issue, not sure if the Japanese even have a warranty dept. friends had Suzuki and kawa, never a visit back to the dealer. And we all know about Honda.

Ducati is a like a second wife, and the dealership are the in-laws, better get use to it.
Thanks from zaster, fireman1251 and Phl
Old Apr 11th 2015, 11:23 AM   #25

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post
Ran 30k miles on a Yamaha, not a single issue, not sure if the Japanese even have a warranty dept. friends had Suzuki and kawa, never a visit back to the dealer. And we all know about Honda.

Ducati is a like a second wife, and the dealership are the in-laws, better get use to it.
LMAO. Thx for the laugh
Old Apr 11th 2015, 03:57 PM   #26

I Ride: 2015 Ducati Panigale R & 2016 KTM 350 SXF
Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post

Every manufacturer has problems.

I've seen KTM 1190s need new engines after 1000kms, GSXRs blow their engines down the main straight of Philip Island after 4000kms, GSXRs brakes need replacing after a few months, two of the new S1000Rs need new engines after 2 months, Aprilias cylinders shut down, MV Agustas starters shit themselves and need replacing to start the bike, Kawasakis, Hondas and Yamahas have their own issues, never had a single issue with my 1199R.

Some people are lucky, some aren't.
Thanks from fireman1251
Old Apr 11th 2015, 04:11 PM   #27

I had a bbs unit replaced a year ago on my 1199 under warranty and that's been it,
Old Apr 11th 2015, 04:59 PM   #28

I Ride: 2007 S4RS (sold), 2008 1098S (sold), my wife's 2013 1199R, 2015 KTM RC390 ABS
Originally Posted by sexparty View Post
Every manufacturer has problems.

I've seen KTM 1190s need new engines after 1000kms, GSXRs blow their engines down the main straight of Philip Island after 4000kms, GSXRs brakes need replacing after a few months, two of the new S1000Rs need new engines after 2 months, Aprilias cylinders shut down, MV Agustas starters shit themselves and need replacing to start the bike, Kawasakis, Hondas and Yamahas have their own issues, never had a single issue with my 1199R.

Some people are lucky, some aren't.
True that. But if you spend premium dollar on a motorcycle it would be nice to get equal customer service which is not happening with DNA or most dealerships.
Thanks from White13Pani
Old Apr 11th 2015, 05:25 PM   #29

I Ride: 1199SL/ 1098R/ S2R1000/ M1100S
TBH, cutting a long story very short, a Midlands UK dealer (no it's not JHP but someone else btw). They sold me a 20 month old 2nd hand 1199 Tricolore and didn't even provide certain standard items., which should've come with it. Even the original owner wasn't supplied the parts either. Anyway after several months I asked DUK to assist and they point blank refused. It still boils my piss, both the this particular dealer & Importer are a complete waist of time and full of useless BS excuses. We've even proved that the missing items were never fitted.

Having heard various stories about DUK offering some SL customers sweeteners because the bikes were late to be delivered, I know that 1 or 2 customers weren't offered the same option/s and I'm totally disgusted that its a 'pick & mix' attitude when spending £54K GBP. Anyway probably the last time I buy a new Ducati after some piss poor and shitty service by this particular dealer and the useless Importer too. None of whom could organise a 'piss up in a brewery'. If I can be bothered I will consider at somepoint raising the problem directly with Italy when I'm next over there. I enjoy riding the bikes, but the people inbetween don't make it the 'best buying experience money should be buying'.

I'm hearing some other horror stories of late about Dealers or owners having to complain directly to Italy, bypassing the Importer. I thought thats what the Countries importers were there for? I used this phrase some years ago and I'll use it again, the majority of them are all 'fuging useless' and they're only getting worse and less helpful.

They're maybe 1 or 2 helpful people/ dealers around but they're very few and far between and rare nowadays. I won't mention or go into the fcuk up or broken promises or handshakes and agreements when buying the SL and not even a courtesy call from DUK.!. So don't be surprised when they throw you a curve ball over and over again.

I couldn't careless anymore whether or not they read this thread. After being told to simply sod off, I pressed the 'buttons' which upset them immensely and I have an innate nature for knowing which 1's to press when I'm totally pissed off too. It probably won't be the 1st or the last time either.

Anyway rant over.!.

Last edited by Samieb; Apr 11th 2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old Apr 11th 2015, 05:26 PM   #30

I Ride: Ducati 1199 S Tricolore, Ducati 1098 S Tricolore, Ducati 998 S Bayliss
Just a constructive suggestion :

- If your in the position of needing to get a new throttle assembly, consider getting a GP switch instead. I got mine from Ducati Omaha a couple of years ago.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
buy, duc, hehe

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed