Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 17th 2015, 08:08 AM   #11

I Ride: 1199S ABS in White
So, after I get it and install it, does it run fine? Meaning, do I have to download trims from some website? I just want to use the cruise until I get off island, then I was going to go to a good dyno tuning establishment. Probably Boulder Motor Sports. I'm not sure how to do that portion by myself. I guess that's the party that's scaring me about the tune part of the cruise n tune lol.
Someone else mentioned needing some black module to be able to tune myself. Then I've also heard I just need a windows computer.

Old Apr 17th 2015, 08:41 AM   #12

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by tjprattctr View Post
So, after I get it and install it, does it run fine? Meaning, do I have to download trims from some website? I just want to use the cruise until I get off island, then I was going to go to a good dyno tuning establishment. Probably Boulder Motor Sports. I'm not sure how to do that portion by myself. I guess that's the party that's scaring me about the tune part of the cruise n tune lol.
Someone else mentioned needing some black module to be able to tune myself. Then I've also heard I just need a windows computer.
It comes with an interface (the blackbox) to the bikes ECU, not unlike automobile units that let you read/reset codes. Then you use your Windows computer, either wireless (you attach the computer to the interface's network) or USB. Then you upload the Cruise ECU file to the bike. You can always upload any of the supplied tunes without using a dyno shop - there are several. With/without Termi/slips, Akra, etc.
Thanks from Phl and tjprattctr

Last edited by Trauma; Apr 17th 2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 09:05 AM   #13

I Ride: 1199S ABS in White
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
It comes with an interface (the blackbox) to the bikes ECU, not unlike automobile units that let you read/reset codes. Then you use you Windows computer, either wireless (you attach the computer to the interface's network) or USB. Then you upload the Cruise ECU file to the bike. You can always upload any of the supplied tunes without using a dyno shop - there are several. With/without Termi/slips, Akra, etc.
Thanks a ton. I really appreciate it. Going to order next paycheck, end of month. I'll post back on here with questions/feedback.
THANKS AGAIN!
Old Apr 19th 2015, 07:07 AM   #14

I Ride: 16R race bike, 13R and 1299s ..Speciale on order. American Iron Horse Custom Chopper
Does Rapid Bike not do cruise?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 11:26 AM   #15

I Ride: 1199 ABS, K1300S, ZX7R
Originally Posted by slow jamz View Post
Does Rapid Bike not do cruise?
No, it cannot - it just modifies the tune after-the-fact. Tuineboy replaces the base code of the bike, so they can take over any event at any time (pressing button, turning throttle, etc) and do what they want.
Thanks from tjprattctr

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
briefly, explain, newb, question, tuneboy