Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree25Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th 2015, 07:37 AM   #11

I Ride: '18 1260 Pikes Peak and '19 V4R on order
I have played with these settings a lot on the "R". I prefer the setting of "EBC Off" the best for my style of riding. Funny thing is that with the setting of "EBC Off" I feel it the least intrusive with my riding style. You just need to play with it and find what works best for you.

Last edited by leftcoast32; May 14th 2015 at 07:39 AM.

Old May 14th 2015, 08:02 AM   #12

EBC off had too much steering on entry, and was very loose when hard on the front brakes.

OP, the slipper clutch only lets go on huge hits that'll lock the rear wheel. The bike will still stop hard on engine braking.
Thanks from leftcoast32
Old May 14th 2015, 08:13 AM   #13

Originally Posted by leftcoast32 View Post
I have played with these settings a lot on the "R". I prefer the setting of "EBC Off" the best for my style of riding. Funny thing is that with the setting of "EBC Off" I feel it the least intrusive with my riding style. You just need to play with it and find what works best for you.
Same, I had mine set on Off then some of you suggested 3. I don't notice it much. However, when I'm coming to a stop at the lights or something, coming from high gears going to 2nd or 1st. I feel it like it blimps for a split second causing me to jerk forward. Is this normal? I'm still learning how to ride this beast.
Old May 14th 2015, 08:16 AM   #14

Originally Posted by Buliwyf View Post
EBC off had too much steering on entry, and was very loose when hard on the front brakes.

OP, the slipper clutch only lets go on huge hits that'll lock the rear wheel. The bike will still stop hard on engine braking.
I have a tendency to dive hard into the turn, trail brake with maintenance throttle and hard drive out of the corner.
Old May 14th 2015, 09:32 AM   #15

I Ride: 92 907ie / 12 1199 STD
Thank you to those who have responded. Maybe Ive created some confusion with how I phrased the question, tho the ebc does have an effect on how the bike feels as gar as back torque goes my real issue is the action of the slipper..
So, who has modded/adjusted(if possible), replaced with STM/other, or gone to a dry clutch setup due to less than desireable slipper action on corner entry.?
I've seen some stuff thats available, pretty pricey imho..

Last edited by Badlarry; May 14th 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 14th 2015, 10:07 AM   #16

Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
It's the EBC setting of 3 that's causing the issue not the slipper.
I tried it in #1 setting as that is how I recieved the bike and it was worse..
Old May 14th 2015, 10:38 AM   #17

I Ride: '12 1199, '13 KTM990SMT
Originally Posted by Badlarry View Post
I tried it in #1 setting as that is how I recieved the bike and it was worse..
Yeah, EBC 3 is the least engine braking you can get on a stock Panigale, and 0 the most. I've been on here from the start and don't recall any conversations about switching to an aftermarket slipper, but can see how it would feel a lot different depending on how you had yours set up. I think the stock clutch likely has less slip than most aftermarket setups, leaving EBC settings to provide a substantial portion of the effect. But of course with less engine braking effect, you'd trigger the slipper less and get a different feel, which takes some adjusting to (as does RBW in general). My 675 Daytona had a set EBC and no slipper, and had a lot less engine braking than the Panigale even on 3. My Suzuki before that, with slipper, had even less.

It's still a lot less than a twin without slipper or EBC (my RC51, for example), but I can see where you might want less, or at least a different feel. Makes you understand why SBK and MotoGP guys spend so much time tweaking their electronics!
Old May 14th 2015, 11:04 AM   #18

Here is a probably stupid question.

My "R" has settings of - Off, 1, 2, 3. Everyone keeps saying 0 for a setting, are you referring to off?
Old May 14th 2015, 11:05 AM   #19

Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
Yeah, EBC 3 is the least engine braking you can get on a stock Panigale, and 0 the most. I've been on here from the start and don't recall any conversations about switching to an aftermarket slipper, but can see how it would feel a lot different depending on how you had yours set up. I think the stock clutch likely has less slip than most aftermarket setups, leaving EBC settings to provide a substantial portion of the effect. But of course with less engine braking effect, you'd trigger the slipper less and get a different feel, which takes some adjusting to (as does RBW in general). My 675 Daytona had a set EBC and no slipper, and had a lot less engine braking than the Panigale even on 3. My Suzuki before that, with slipper, had even less.

It's still a lot less than a twin without slipper or EBC (my RC51, for example), but I can see where you might want less, or at least a different feel. Makes you understand why SBK and MotoGP guys spend so much time tweaking their electronics!

Yeah Steve, i think you hit the nail on the head. I had two RC51s a a hand full of ducatis w/out slippers so this is a vast improvement but as an engineer and avid rider I'm right there w the factory guys as far as dialing in the components. theres quite a few traits that a rider can get around when trying to go fast but for me corner entery and picking up the throttle have got to be butter.... Or as the case may be, better, lol...
Old May 14th 2015, 11:05 AM   #20

Originally Posted by leftcoast32 View Post
Here is a probably stupid question.

My "R" has settings of - Off, 1, 2, 3. Everyone keeps saying 0 for a setting, are you referring to off?

I believe so..
Thanks from leftcoast32

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
ebc, talk