Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 8th 2015, 09:13 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
TankSlapper's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
From: Kansas

Posts: 133
Thanks: 25

I Ride: 1299s
I have read so many negative reviews about tuneboy I'd have a hard time dropping the cash on it. I would love cruise control though if it works as advertised.
TankSlapper is offline  
 
Old Jun 8th 2015, 09:21 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
HarmonyJim's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Wilton

Posts: 387
Thanks: 108

I Ride: 2012 1199 Tricolore, 2007 Porsche GT3RS
The cruise works incredibly well. For that feature alone, it is worth the money. It is the basis for a custom tune as well (or you can use Wayne's pre-made tunes available on their website). Service from Wayne and the gang there sucks though, so prepare to be patient.
HarmonyJim is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 09:34 AM   #13
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,697
Thanks: 4206

I Ride: Monster S4RS, CRF450, CRF50, GROM
Originally Posted by HarmonyJim View Post
The cruise works incredibly well. For that feature alone, it is worth the money. It is the basis for a custom tune as well (or you can use Wayne's pre-made tunes available on their website). Service from Wayne and the gang there sucks though, so prepare to be patient.
+1
Phl is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 09:37 AM   #14
AG6
Senior Member
 
AG6's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: IL

Posts: 537
Thanks: 80

Originally Posted by TankSlapper View Post
I have read so many negative reviews about tuneboy I'd have a hard time dropping the cash on it. I would love cruise control though if it works as advertised.
Based on my understanding the cruise control module only adds cruse function and stock mapping remains. So you can't mess anything up, unless you are custom mapping
AG6 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:00 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
HarmonyJim's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Wilton

Posts: 387
Thanks: 108

I Ride: 2012 1199 Tricolore, 2007 Porsche GT3RS
Absolutely. You can keep the standard tune, or choose from a selection of Termi cans only, full Termi, Akro system, etc. You on top of that have the ability to put the bike on a dyno and get a really close tune. The full Termi tune was way too rich when I dyno'ed my bike. Runs great, just is too rich. Another guy had a GSXR 750 at the same dyno, and his aftermarket tune was amazingly close to perfect - less than half a point (AFR) towards the rich side from idle to redline. The TuneBoy pre made tunes vary above and below the line fairly significantly.
HarmonyJim is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:21 AM   #16
Phl
Moderator
 
Phl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: here

Posts: 7,697
Thanks: 4206

I Ride: Monster S4RS, CRF450, CRF50, GROM
^

that's what i will display soon with a tuneboy cruise and tune package with a Rapid bike module on top of it.
Phl is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 02:52 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
jjsC6's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Houston

Posts: 863
Thanks: 385

I Ride: 2012 Panigale ABS
I'd really like to get more input specifically as to how the Cruise control works. I will try to find his web-site and do some homework, but real world is always helpful - especially given the fact that a couple of years ago folks were having problems making anything of his work.

Also, is there an issue with downloading. Seems like there was another thread about having to have a Microsoft based PC (which I don't have any more).

EDIT: I just went to his web-site. There was damn little information I found about how to load the program or details about how the cruise controls operates. Some of the information about downloading programs was either way over or way under my head. I would like to think that they come with easy to understand instructions, but I'm sure not seeing anything that I can relate to on his site. I would be grateful if someone could provide us a little detail. If I can add cruise control to my bike for a few hundred bucks it would be a very easy decision, but only if I'm comfortable with the download procedure and how well it works.

Last I recall is that you have to do something when you start the bike to put it into cruise control mode, then the starter switch becomes a simple switch to engage it. Is that still the case?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by jjsC6; Jun 8th 2015 at 03:03 PM.
jjsC6 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 03:48 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,795
Thanks: 1287

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I'd really like to get more input specifically as to how the Cruise control works. I will try to find his web-site and do some homework, but real world is always helpful - especially given the fact that a couple of years ago folks were having problems making anything of his work.

Also, is there an issue with downloading. Seems like there was another thread about having to have a Microsoft based PC (which I don't have any more).

EDIT: I just went to his web-site. There was damn little information I found about how to load the program or details about how the cruise controls operates. Some of the information about downloading programs was either way over or way under my head. I would like to think that they come with easy to understand instructions, but I'm sure not seeing anything that I can relate to on his site. I would be grateful if someone could provide us a little detail. If I can add cruise control to my bike for a few hundred bucks it would be a very easy decision, but only if I'm comfortable with the download procedure and how well it works.

Last I recall is that you have to do something when you start the bike to put it into cruise control mode, then the starter switch becomes a simple switch to engage it. Is that still the case?

Thanks for any help.
Jim,
I have the cruise control and it works great and holds speed to within 1 kph. Even down hills it holds to within about 2-3 kph.

You turn it on it by holding the starter button for 3 seconds after you start the bike. The engine gives a little blip of revs to confirm it worked. Then you set it with the menu buttons on the left and the starter button on the right during cruise.

I thought at first I would not need it but for longer rides it is great. I have also fitted the extra toggle buttons but have not been able to get them to work as I only have a Macbook so cannot get in to activate them.

It will be nice when TB software can work on a Mac.
bradp51 is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 103
Thanks: 39

I Ride: Ducati Panigale 1299 S, Aprilia RS250
Originally Posted by Phl View Post
^

that's what i will display soon with a tuneboy cruise and tune package with a Rapid bike module on top of it.
Heya Phl, just curious, what will the addition of RB achieve over Tuneboy on its own (or the other way around). Usually, it's an argument over which is better (and I don't want to get into that), but what deficiencies in Tuneboy and RB are you hoping to solve by combining the two . . .?
Lightning is offline  
Old Jun 8th 2015, 06:22 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Sergio1199Panigale's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
From: San Diego, CA

Posts: 656
Thanks: 153

I Ride: 2014 1199 "Sofia"
Originally Posted by Phl View Post
+1
X3. I have TB cruise and control + autoblipping QS. It's a PITA to get installed mostly due to drivers and laptop recognition of the TB plug ion module (forget its official name haha). After that you'll love it and get used to it. I can load new maps and QS fine tuning in minutes and be back on the road OR tune it WHILE I'm on the road
Sergio1199Panigale is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
control, cruise, tuneboy



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mechanical cruise control AG6 Ducati 1199 19 Jun 16th 2015 05:02 PM
Tuneboy cruise control and BSD starter switches DynastySS Ducati 1199 11 Feb 2nd 2015 03:01 PM
MTS GT Cruise control? pcastine Ducati Multistrada 2 Aug 27th 2014 08:48 AM
Blipper & cruise control Si1199 Mechanical and Technical 19 Jan 10th 2014 08:25 AM
Cruise Control? jock39racer Ducati 1199 13 Dec 26th 2013 03:17 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed