Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 12:30 PM   #21

I Ride: 84' Short Bus, 14' 1199RM, 16' R1
Originally Posted by WatchThis View Post
Yeah I went to his website and sent him an email so we'll see what he says. It looks like he's based out of the NJMP area so idk if they make trips down here to NC very often but we'll see I guess.

I also contacted TPM directly to find out if they would have an Ohlins rep there that day which they said there wouldn't be but the owner could help me get a baseline set up fo about $40. Only thing is, that's exactly what we tried to do yesterday but couldn't do anything due to how stuff the factory springs are compared with my weight. So I dunno...

I'll see if I can contact MrBrettBaker as well, it'd be nice to have somebody show me around a bit, especially considering this will be my first trackday on the Pani and I'm a novice at that.
If no one is going to be there your best bet may be to go right to Ohlins directly they are in NC also..

703 South Grove Street, Suite C
Hendersonville, NC 28792

About 4.5 hours from you..

Old Feb 7th 2016, 11:46 AM   #22

Figured I'd update this thread. Getting the springs out is pretty straight forward. Nothing to worry about with the electronics. I just backed off all the preload and compression/rebound just like one would in a manual fork. Problem is putting them back together. The damping rod doesn't come out nearly as far as the xx98 series bikes and doesn't have a channel in the rod to hold it in place after you compress the spring. So trying to compress the spring let's the rod slip right back into the abyss. Ordered a pull rod from ohlins but now sure that's going to solve my problem. May have to remove the forks and take a trip to the dealer.

Old Aug 20th 2019, 03:50 AM   #23

Originally Posted by GK1199R View Post
Figured I'd update this thread. Getting the springs out is pretty straight forward. Nothing to worry about with the electronics. I just backed off all the preload and compression/rebound just like one would in a manual fork. Problem is putting them back together. The damping rod doesn't come out nearly as far as the xx98 series bikes and doesn't have a channel in the rod to hold it in place after you compress the spring. So trying to compress the spring let's the rod slip right back into the abyss. Ordered a pull rod from ohlins but now sure that's going to solve my problem. May have to remove the forks and take a trip to the dealer.

What did you end up having to do?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
changing, fork, ohlins, springs

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.