Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
260km - CAN failure

Hello everybody,

picked up my 1199 last week, today I went for a ride with a friend of mine....ended up as a passenger.

At some point I had the whole dashboard flashing and saying "can error" or something like that, my friend told me I had hazard lights on.

I pulled over and I switched off the bike out of panic...then it didn't allow me to re-start. Had to call road assistance and after 1million questions (because the bike is so new that it was unknown to Ducati assistance) they agreed to come and pick me up.

It will be brought to the dealer on monday to understand what has happened

Any similar stories?

Cheers

Last edited by Nikt; Oct 13th 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Nikt is offline  
 
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Sydney

Posts: 93
Thanks: 2

I Ride: RS125>S1000RR>1199S
which dealer?
Aus1199s is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:53 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
Originally Posted by Aus1199s View Post
which dealer?
... the western one

Last edited by Nikt; Oct 13th 2012 at 02:43 AM.
Nikt is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 02:12 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bradp51's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
From: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Posts: 2,749
Thanks: 1262

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Sorry to hear it Nik

I sure they will have you back on the road soon. I had a small problem with the gear selector number flashing from 1 to 2 and back again when it was idling in neutral. At my first service they reloaded that program and problen gone.

You never know it may just be a loose connection. Welcome to the Sydney Panigale Pilots Club
bradp51 is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 02:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Sorry to hear it Nik

I sure they will have you back on the road soon. I had a small problem with the gear selector number flashing from 1 to 2 and back again when it was idling in neutral. At my first service they reloaded that program and problen gone.

You never know it may just be a loose connection. Welcome to the Sydney Panigale Pilots Club
one thing I noticed is that the quick shift sensor cable is badly bent...let's see what happens on Monday
Nikt is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 02:45 AM   #6
SPJ
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: England

Posts: 578
Thanks: 197

I had the same problem. CAN LINE is the message with all lights flashing! The problem with mine was a faulty DP Alarm - it uses the bikes existing wiring. I know of several DP alarms that have failed, but mine was the only one that produced the CAN LINE warning.

If you get the fault again I'd recommend turning off all the rider aids as it was interfering with the DTC and DQS.
SPJ is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I had the same problem. CAN LINE is the message with all lights flashing! The problem with mine was a faulty DP Alarm - it uses the bikes existing wiring. I know of several DP alarms that have failed, but mine was the only one that produced the CAN LINE warning.

If you get the fault again I'd recommend turning off all the rider aids as it was interfering with the DTC and DQS.
thx...no alarm on my bike...just factory stuff...
Nikt is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Indianapolis

Posts: 96
Thanks: 17

I Ride: 2012 1199 tricolore, 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200, 2010 Ducati 696, 2003 Honda CBR 600RR
I had that come up on mine as well as "BBS error" or something along those lines.
The gear shift and mph numbers were just dashes.
It ended up being a bad battery even though I keep it on a tender all the time.
pizzadude2010 is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 05:25 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
Originally Posted by pizzadude2010 View Post
I had that come up on mine as well as "BBS error" or something along those lines.
The gear shift and mph numbers were just dashes.
It ended up being a bad battery even though I keep it on a tender all the time.
Had dashes as well in place of gear numbers. I disconnected the battery and reconnected but no luck...I gave up and waited for the tow truck.

thx for the feedback
Nikt is offline  
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:59 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Nikt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: not your biz

Posts: 226
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199 S Tri
Originally Posted by pizzadude2010 View Post
I had that come up on mine as well as "BBS error" or something along those lines.
The gear shift and mph numbers were just dashes.
It ended up being a bad battery even though I keep it on a tender all the time.
How long did it take to fix. My bike got into the dealer this morning , I called them this arvo at 4 and they told me they haven't found the problem yet.

thx
Nikt is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
260km, failure



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clutch Failure Styler Ducati 1199 17 Jul 2nd 2012 11:35 PM
PSA: Potential Brake Hose Failure TricoloreSF Ducati 1199 37 Jun 23rd 2012 04:40 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed