Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Ducati 1199 Ducati 1199 Forum - Ducati 1199 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 21st 2012, 08:22 AM   #1

Side Stand sensor failure

Hey guys,

Have anyone have there side stand sensor fail on them? Was out for a cruise coastal ride today, when i was travelling about 50km/hr and my bike just cut out, look down at the dash and saw the side stand icon/light on so pull over.

After letting it sit for afew minutes and turning it on and off again i couldn't get the icon to go away even though the stand was up.

Ended up calling Ducati Road Side Assist, they pick the bike up and will be storing it over night till it can be taken to the dealer tomorrow

I must say i was very impressed by road side assist. It was an enclose van and they had all the right gear and took extra care of the bike for me

Old Oct 21st 2012, 10:38 AM   #2

I Ride: the road
Glad they're taking good care of your scoot.

Funnily enough, I was looking at the sensor today, while cleaning the bike.....

It actually seems to sense stand up, rather than stand down, which is a little odd.

As in your case, if it fails, it assumes stand down, which is gonna cause problems IMO.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 02:39 PM   #3

I Ride: 2012 1199 Panigale Tri
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Hey guys,

Have anyone have there side stand sensor fail on them? Was out for a cruise coastal ride today, when i was travelling about 50km/hr and my bike just cut out, look down at the dash and saw the side stand icon/light on so pull over.

After letting it sit for afew minutes and turning it on and off again i couldn't get the icon to go away even though the stand was up.

Ended up calling Ducati Road Side Assist, they pick the bike up and will be storing it over night till it can be taken to the dealer tomorrow

I must say i was very impressed by road side assist. It was an enclose van and they had all the right gear and took extra care of the bike for me
Had this happen to me with my Multistrada on the track. Was blasting down the straight - then nothing - silent . Wasn't sure if I broke the bike or what. A friend of mine had a wire and we jumped the switch to keep it going. Was replaced under warranty.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 02:50 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Xbox View Post
Glad they're taking good care of your scoot.

Funnily enough, I was looking at the sensor today, while cleaning the bike.....

It actually seems to sense stand up, rather than stand down, which is a little odd.

As in your case, if it fails, it assumes stand down, which is gonna cause problems IMO.
Correct . The stand has a magnet in it . You can by pass this by just taping a magnet to the sensor .
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:10 AM   #5

pick the bike up this afternoon, although its not great to have the bike break down with under 3,000km, i am very happy with the service. They didn't have a sensor in stock and it was going to have to come via Italy meaning along wait however the dealer took one of their bike for me so i could have it back straight away

Also did the safety recall.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 07:47 AM   #6

I Ride: Street '12 1199S/ABS. Track '12 1199S/ABS.
That's great service. Sounds like a dealer who wants to keep their customers happy. I'm not sure if other brands would try as hard.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 02:08 PM   #7

I Ride: Duc 1199 Base w/ABS Tricolore
Originally Posted by HESSIAN View Post
That's great service. Sounds like a dealer who wants to keep their customers happy. I'm not sure if other brands would try as hard.
Good dealers are hard to find these days!!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:40 AM   #8

well here i go again... another sensor failed on me the other day
Old Apr 15th 2013, 09:30 AM   #9

I Ride: 1199s Tricolore
Had this on my 1098s
No fun when aproaching a corner :|

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199

Tags
failure, sensor, side, stand